• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Omari Hutchinson (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Sad (if true). Legit have no time for most of the youth but I had seen this boy and I am a fan.

Hopefully it's rubbish, but Maquinhos admittedly has jumped the queue.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
In fairness, Chelsea are much better than us at getting decent consistent loans. Maybe the loan farm is what Hutchinson wants in the short term. I mean, there were Reading rumours that died on arrival and nothing since. What was he gonna be doing this season, playing PL2 again? Arteta wasn't gonna play him - we see that Arteta thinks of the 1st teamers and experienced players first before blooding the youngsters. People will cry Saka and Esr etc but these guys already played 1st team football before Arteta. Even Patino - a guy Arteta actually did debut - is nowhere to be seen on tour and isn't going on loan either.

I think we're drooping the ball a little and we'll lose a few more very decent talents. This will be moot if the team starts performing off the bat this season, but it doesn't send a good message when the bridge is drawn up the way it did when that summer squad was announced.

That Marquinhos better be good, I say.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
In fairness, Chelsea are much better than us at getting decent consistent loans. Maybe the loan farm is what Hutchinson wants in the short term. I mean, there were Reading rumours that died on arrival and nothing since. What was he gonna be doing this season, playing PL2 again? Arteta wasn't gonna play him - we see that Arteta thinks of the 1st teamers and experienced players first before blooding the youngsters. People will cry Saka and Esr etc but these guys already played 1st team football before Arteta. Even Patino - a guy Arteta actually did debut - is nowhere to be seen on tour and isn't going on loan either.

I think we're drooping the ball a little and we'll lose a few more very decent talents. This will be moot if the team starts performing off the bat this season, but it doesn't send a good message when the bridge is drawn up the way it did when that summer squad was announced.

I was going to mention the loan thing. If I'm a youth player I'd rather be getting loaned out by Chelsea than our lot. How many of our players have had a successful loan spell? Ballard is probably the one that stands out in recent years. Maybe ESR as well but he was a bit in and out of the team for a while at Huddersfield. Norton-Cuffy had a good one but he was dropped down to league 1 and I doubt many of our players want to be scrapping it out down there. Hopefully the two players loaned out to the Dutch league is a sign of things to come.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard

Something's not right IMO. Has something internally happened d'you think? He is super talented but this just seems so out of the blue that it makes you think there were other factors involved. Did he get into a row with coaches/management? This is still just a rumour for now so i'm still taking it with a pinch of salt until more info is revealed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I was going to mention the loan thing. If I'm a youth player I'd rather be getting loaned out by Chelsea than our lot. How many of our players have had a successful loan spell? Ballard is probably the one that stands out in recent years. Maybe ESR as well but he was a bit in and out of the team for a while at Huddersfield. Norton-Cuffy had a good one but he was dropped down to league 1 and I doubt many of our players want to be scrapping it out down there. Hopefully the two players loaned out to the Dutch league is a sign of things to come.
We've definitely gotten way better than before but we still don't have a good enough network with other clubs save for a couple like Doncaster (who got relegated to League 2) and none in the Championship. Part of issue is that we loan them out way too late. Balogun has played very little first team football and he's 21. Matt Smith was almost 20 on his first loan. Norton-Cuffy is the first one in a while to get a loan early on while still a scholar. The better talents are wasted playing PL2 football too long. If they aren't ready to hit the 1st team like Saka, send them out to play!

Something's not right IMO. Has something internally happened d'you think? He is super talented but this just seems so out of the blue that it makes you think there were other factors involved. Did he get into a row with coaches/management? This is still just a rumour for now so i'm still taking it with a pinch of salt until more info is revealed.
I think his pathway is blocked. Saka is top dog, Pepe still at the club (for now), we're looking for another wide forward and we've signed Marqinhos. The cherry on top is that he's no closer to a loan now than he was last season and he should have been on loan in January. I remember saying that at the time. Chelsea would have had him strutting out for a Vitesse or a Derby in no time.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard

But isn't "scrapping it out" in League 1 part of the learning process? As far as i'm concerned, nothing should come easy for any of these players. They should have to work hard for their place in any team they go to whether it's League 1, Championship, or Vanarama National. I watched the U23's play against men at Vanarama National level in pre seasons gone by and some of them really did struggle playing against men. If we blood them in high stakes games in the PL and they flop our fans will crucify them as they just don't have the patience. This can be soul destroying for a young player if not managed correctly. As well as having talent, football is also about mentality/character. It does seem like the Eredivisie clubs do give younger players alot more first team opportunities so yes, hopefully we do see more of our young players sent on loan over there.

Sparrahork

Unfortunately this is what happens when you cannot see a way forward at your current club.

Arsenal have an unfortunate habit of not giving real consideration to the youth team as options, our current transfer policy of focusing on positions where we have promising youngsters rather than where we need improving is worrying.

Hutchison will have seen he is contending with azeez, Flores and patino to make the step up. However rather than rest on our laurels of signing Fabio vieira as a similar player, we are linked heavily with paqueta as another attacking midfielder. To some extent the raphinha link was damaging as another position Hutchison can slip into.

Give more protection to the youth team, think of them when making signatures and their mindset of another obstacle placed in their way.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
But isn't "scrapping it out" in League 1 part of the learning process? As far as i'm concerned, nothing should come easy for any of these players. They should have to work hard for their place in any team they go to whether it's League 1, Championship, or Vanarama National. I watched the U23's play against men at Vanarama National level in pre seasons gone by and some of them really did struggle playing against men. If we blood them in high stakes games in the PL and they flop our fans will crucify them as they just don't have the patience. This can be soul destroying for a young player if not managed correctly. As well as having talent, football is also about mentality/character. It does seem like the Eredivisie clubs do give younger players alot more first team opportunities so yes, hopefully we do see more of our young players sent on loan over there.

The lower down the league's you go the worse the standard of football gets and the more physical it becomes. Someone like Norton-Cuffy who's built like a brick ****house will do well down there. A little tricky winger like Hutchinson isn't going to gain anything from that. They should be looking to send them to weaker European league's where the standard of football is still fairly high but not as physical, Belgium, Netherlands. Even Azeez possibly going to Girona is a good option.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This falls on Merte btw. Arteta doesn’t care about these guys.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Thank you Kia. You bastard.

Why Chelsea what the difference will make? He'll spend 2-3 season on loan and then sold for profit he'll never see any chance at Chelsea. i thought he'd go to some other team where he have bigger chance to start.

Dont blame Kia. Blame the manager that despise our U23 players.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Arteta and Mertesacker to be blamed. Should have been given minutes last season but we all know Arteta cannot nurture a talent.

To me this guy is more talented than Saka was at 18.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
How's he just leaving for free anyways? Can't find anything official but since he wasn't announced as a free agent two weeks ago his contract is running at least until 2023 no?

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Is there a Chance, we really want Colwill and in the exchange of this, we are okay with letting Hutchinson go?

Rattata

I get him leaving but why move to Chelsea? Imagine growing up at Arsenal and then moving to Chelsea.
This kid has the wrong people around him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arteta and Mertesacker to be blamed. Should have been given minutes last season but we all know Arteta cannot nurture a talent.

To me this guy is more talented than Saka was at 18.
Remains to be seen tbf - would not use Saka as a comparison as he's one of our best players; few are as talented. But yeah, Pers done very well since coming in but they have been a little slow with guys like Hutchinson and Taylor-Hart for example in terms of getting them loans and 1st team football. And Arteta - we know he's not brave enough to blood them in but that's at least somewhat understandable.

Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom