• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 970,957

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we sign a 23 year old centre-back for 40m then surely that means Gabriel is on the way out
Lisandro was meant to come in to cover LB & CB, Zinchenko can't do CB so I'd say thats why we are after another proper CB I'd say. We need a fair bit of depth in all positions this year so I wouldn't be surprised if he comes but we keep all the other CB's I'd say. If we were to let 1-2 go it would Mari & Holding I'd presume.

bergholt

Lisandro was meant to come in to cover LB & CB, Zinchenko can't do CB so I'd say thats why we are after another proper CB I'd say. We need a fair bit of depth in all positions this year so I wouldn't be surprised if he comes but we keep all the other CB's I'd say. If we were to let 1-2 go it would Mari & Holding I'd presume.

40m is pretty big spend on a depth player though, given Gabriel + White + Saliba would presumably be ahead of him.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

40m is pretty big spend on a depth player though, given Gabriel + White + Saliba would presumably be ahead of him.
Lets just see what unfolds next week or so, who knows Artetas plans for our PL starting CB's. He might even see White as more cover for RB anyway. I'm going to presume we might still see 1-2 more signings coming in aswell. Regarding Tapsoba, I certainly wouldn't say no to him, he's pretty highly rated apparently.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

After Zinchenko it does look like a forward will be our next target and and very likely our last piece of business this summer(unless we see a key player exiting later on).
Considering Raphinha was the priority, you would think we are prepared to go big here.

We know Gakpo has been followed by the club. Paqueta has admirers at the club and while some have discounted him because they see him as a midfielder, let's not forget his versatility. He can play across the front 3 easily. We'll see if we hear more names in the future.
Paqueta would be a shrewd signing if he can play AMF and both wings well.

Currently we have Ødegaard, Vieira, Zinchenko and ESR for two AMF roles. Xhaka can play there but it's not ideal.

ESR is needed as LW and not known if he can do the AMF role yet. Zinchenko is needed clearly as LB because of Tierney's injury-proneness.

Paqueta as starting AMF and as Saka cover would be nice with Vieira competing.

Gakpo is more of a LW so don't see it likely anymore. Unless they move ESR to middle. But I would prefer more experience to the team, and not necessarily from Dutch league.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Part of me hopes he stays at Palace for a while - want to see what Vieira does with them,
I'd actually be very annoyed if he came Arsenal rn.

Olise is fine at Palace and developing nicely without the glare of a political club and fanbase like Arsenal. One of my favourites last season.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Lets just see what unfolds next week or so, who knows Artetas plans for our PL starting CB's. He might even see White as more cover for RB anyway. I'm going to presume we might still see 1-2 more signings coming in aswell. Regarding Tapsoba, I certainly wouldn't say no to him, he's pretty highly rated apparently.
Arteta wants centre backs in all positions so we're able to win the ball back high up the pitch.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Basically replacing Pepe with Pepe.
Level wise, yeah, but profile wise no. Sarr is a much more direct player, plays a simpler game. Either way, the main point about replacing Pépé is that his heart is not in it anymore and Arteta doesn't favor him, otherwise you just keep him.

Rattata

With 5 subs from next season onwards it feels like an oversight to not have a big target man on the bench. Someone like Ajorque would be a great option from the bench. He would only cost around 15m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom