• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
There still room to improve the team its not about backing because Arteta won't be staying forever and kroenke likely back every managers . There areas still lack quality
Areas still lacking you are the king of understatement my friend we got two brittle fullbacks and one stud DM who is always hurt as well. We are one Dodgy Partey knee from Xhaka anchoring our defensive midfield, bottom half teams were passing through that midfield like nothing remember 3 straight losses to bottom half teams at the end of the year?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Areas still lacking you are the king of understatement my friend we got two brittle fullbacks and one stud DM who is always hurt as well. We are one Dodgy Partey knee from Xhaka anchoring our defensive midfield, bottom half teams were passing through that midfield like nothing remember 3 straight losses to bottom half teams at the end of the year?
Yes that what I'm pointing out the midfield apart from TP5 and Xhaka lack quality and they getting older too. Our wings apart from saka lack guy who gives you 20 G/A Martinelli and ESR are too young and inconsistent in final 3rd. Also RB it's major weakness because Tomi can't stay fit Cedric is championship level.

I don't expect we buy RB but pretty sure we getting mid and Winger.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I dont see any more incoming. Artetas been fully backed now. His team out there. Its up to him to keep the players in line for a top 4 challenge. No more bullshit.

Or not any that his cult hasn't conjured up yet.

Halcyon Daze

Lol, who said we are a top 4 team we are a glorified mid table Europa league team; have been for 6 years. Us claiming we are a top 4 team is like Post Ferguson United team claiming they are perennial title contenders. Mid table trash and Europa league is not only our new level but the lobotomized sheep fans are happy with the destruction job labeled as the Process and happy with it.
We are good enough for Top 4. Whether we get it remains to be seen, but we have a strong chance. We are not mid-table trash, far from it. The only trash is what’s contained within your post.

Farzad Stoned

We are good enough for Top 4. Whether we get it remains to be seen, but we have a strong chance. We are not mid-table trash, far from it. The only trash is what’s contained within your post.
Did you watch us drop 3 matches to bottom half sides when Sp**s was trying to choke it to us? We are one dodgy Partey knee getting done from having the worst defensive midfield of any top ten team. Our midfield was garbage when Partey went down and Viera and Ødegaard can’t play box to box midfielder, I think I tackle better than Ødegaard. We are Europa league at best, Conte and his Italian transfer guru can’t remember the guys name is running circles around us and everybody else frankly this window.

Goonerist

View attachment 8116

Clearly you are unaware of the financial restrictions that we were operating under post Emirates, we had one of the lower budgets in the division and had to sell to survive, you can see here that we were spending a healthy albeit inferior amount compared to our rivals before the loans kicked in.

Yeah? Operating on a nothing budget Wengers priority was to maintain Top 4 and keep Arsenal as a elite club until the loans were paid off and we could somewhat compete financially again, the moment the loans were paid off we won 3 FA cups in 4

The bulk of those players were bought when we were operating on a very low budget, to consistently get top 4 with them year in year out is something to be praised not condemned :lol:

Baseless statement with zero evidence, something you claim that I do :lol:

Leaving out a 79 pointer in 2013/14 and including the 63 point outlier with half empty stadiums and a attempted squad rebuild, absolutely atrocious that, 3rd then 2nd then 5th with multiple FA cups and CL knockouts every season, all with mass protests going on, you've convinced me, thank god we rid of the old goat, we've improved so much since.. hang on, what's this back to back 8th stuff and not being considered good enough to play against Welsh farmers in Europe?

Doubt :lol:

These are not excuses just facts, take a look at Chelseas/Citys/Utds spend in the above graph and compare it to ours, takes a exceptional manager to compete with them never mind overcome them when they are spending exponentially more
The board gave him a budget and he followed it. Arteta has been given the most to spend in Europe, something Wenger never came close to getting.
Well yeah, mass sabotage protests with planes flying and abuse being screamed at the manager/players all game have a negative effect. Not a coincidence our playstyle became safety first and we dropped out of CL for the first time in decades the moment the "discontent" began

Nice dodge :lol:
I will bite..
You actually believe that Stoke had a bigger budget than us? Stoke spent more on their Sqaud than Arsenal?. Again, you can try to play nuances/ rhetorics with (Zero net spend talk). Net spend means nothing as long as you are are still spending that money back into the team.. I read that we had spent more than Chelsea or Liverpool between 2013 to 2018 if we are to go by net spend. But that to me is very nuisanced.

Here;
Nasri
Arshavin
Eduardo
Adebayor
Walcott
Ramsey
Cesc
Sagna
Gallas
Rvp
Etc…
Stoke City couldn’t attract or even afford those types of players..
I think you are being dishonest on purpose if you actually believe that Stoke City had a bigger or were on similar budget as them.. We spent as much as them on the actual transfer fees, but transfer fees is not the budget. Wages are the biggest part of any budget.. Our Wage Bill has always been one of the biggest in the EPL. We were always up there when it came to the biggest Wage Bill. We had an advantage over the likes of Stoke as we could attract these young up and coming players from around Europe, we were like an Academy where these young players could join, get first team football, Champions league football and earm massive wages that they would not have gotten at the other bigger clubs or at a club like Stoke.. Wenger went the “Young and upcoming or nearly Tier 2 (near the Top) player route. Promised CL football, London, Youth Project and massive wages..
STOKE CITY’s highest paid player was on about £50,000 a week. We were paying the likes of Denilson, Djourou, Sendros, Squillachi between £50,000 - £70,000 a week. Walcott, RVP, Cesc, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin etc were all earning between £60,000 - £100,000 a week. While Stoke’s highest paid player was earning between £45,000-£50,000 a week.. Most Stoke players were on between £10,000-£20,000 a week.. But Arsenal and Stoke had a smilar Budget? Even some of our fringe players that hardly got a game were making more than the Top earner at Stoke.. We were the stepping stone for all those up and coming young players or players that were not quiet at the elite level yet. We offered regular CL football, London life, game time and massive wages.. That’s why we ended up finding it hard to shift some of these young players, they were earning too much that potential suitors couldn’t afford it..

And no one is saying we had money to burn like the likes of Chelsea, City, United etc.. I do now feel that wenger over did the whole “We have to adhere to FFP rules, we have to be self sufficient” talk. He went to much into cheap, young, up and coming route. He could have mixed up the squad. But he was so bent on proving a point about winning things with young players and on the cheap. No one was asking him to buy £45 million type players in 2010. We were all begging he could sign a proper DM, CB and Keeper. We had cheaper options back then that were worth in the £15-£25 million region that would have helped in those 3 positions. I feel like wenger got too blinkered in thinking UEFA would crack down on the likes of City, Chelsea, PSG, Barcelona, Madrid etc with this FFP stuff. Wenger had built that Cesc era squad and I loved it. That team just needed a bit more strengthening in DM, CB, Keeper postion and a bit of a push mentally. We never had a proper chance to win the league in recent years than during that Cesc era team. Instead of Song, Fabianski / Szny, a much experienced keeper, a stronger defender next to Koscielny, Toure or Vamaelen etc..

And I did not leave out the 13/14 season on purpose, I thought we got 74 points instead of 79 points that season but I was wrong. I mentioned the maximum 83 points and the mininum 63 points outliers.
I don’t even know why this is even a debate. Wenger declined and stagnated since we last won the League in 2004. If he was at any other Top club (Madrid, Barcelona, Man United, City, Chelsea etc) he would have been sacked a couple of times from those clubs. At Arsenal it became too comfortable for him, the board was happy with just a Top 4 finish. There was absolutely zero pressure for wenger to win the League or CL during that time. For more than 10 years we were just in the EPL and CL to make up numbers. The moment the pressure was on we buckled the vast majority of the time..

And then again, no one is saying the other clubs spending big was not a big factor. It was but wenger himself did not try to adapt. That Cesc era team was nearly there, but wenger being too stubborn, arrogant, stuck in his own bubble and refusing to accept any criticism contributed to the whole weak mentality of the team. No wonder the likes of Cesc, Adebayor, Nasri, Song, Hleb, Henry, RVP, Clichy, Sagna etc all wanted to leave once they matured.. They all cited ambition because all they ever heard was wenger making excuses about FFP, self sufficient model instead of addressing our problem areas in the team..

And about the board giving wenger a limited budget.. Gazidis always said that the money was available for wenger to spend. We weren’t going to spend £40 million on a single player but you can’t tell me that we couldn’t afford a Mark Schwarzer as a goal keeper and let the likes of Szny / Fabianski deputise. Man United went out and got Van Dar Sarr who was about 35 years old at that time.. The likes of M’Villa, Filipe Melo, Diarra, Vidal, Samba etc, these players may or may not have worked but at least wenger should have shown a willingness to strengthen these areas. But he never wanted to listen to any such criticism or advice.

And it’s not like wenger was doing us a favour by staying, he was well compensated for his stagnant 4th place is like a trophy talk, he was earning as much as Fergie at United. Wasn’t it reported that wenger was earning about £7-8 million a year the same as Fergie who was constantly under pressure to win the league and CL? Wenger earning £7 million a year to finish 4th while Fergie was earning the same amount but he had to win the League and CL..
And it’s not like wenger was being held hostage by Arsenal football club. If he wasn’t happy with how the club was conducting business why didn’t he quit or come out and made it clear? So this Stoke City Budget propaganda does not do much to convince me anymore.. It used to convince me back then but since wenger left and that I have had enough time to look back with a bit more objectivity, I can see that wenger and the club were more worried about “We are a well run self sufficient club” talk. Wenger had no pressure to win any major trophies, the board just wanted to finish in the CL places. It was just a match made in heaven. While we as the fans had to deal with the constant fun made of us from our other so called rival clubs..

And you don’t have to believe that I used to be a staunch AKB..The difference between you and me is that I am not dogmatic. I will call it is. Wenger was very competitive between 1996-2004. His second I used to have heated arguments with my father from 2008 until 2015, he had wanted wenger gone in 2008 while I still believed in Wenger’s “THE YOUTH PROJECT”. My father would label the likes of Cesc, Koscielny, Nasri, Vamaelen etc as weak. He always compare them to the likes of Tony Adams and the invincibles, saying how did we go from such characters to Sendros etc.. But as always I am a very patient person, I saw progress in the new wengerball, so I bought into the PROJECT.

I was willing to give wenger as much leeway and time as possible to build his youth project.. I was willing to do the same for Emery, but many Arsenal fans weren’t having it. They wanted him gone after a few bumps..

Arteta was not a choice I would have ever gone for, but that is what the board went for, he has done quite well in some aspects and not so well in others, but on all in all I do think we are in much better and positive space then we were in before he came in..

And you did not address my counter to your claims that after the purse string were loosened wenger improved our standing between 2013 to 2017..
I showed you that we did not improve whatsoever. We still remained in the same stagnant position averaging 68-75 points as always..

Here again:

2013/14 = 79 points - 4th
2014/15 = 75 points - 3rd
2015/16 = 71 points - 2nd
2016/17 = 75 points - 5th
2017/18 = 63 points. - 6th.
We were still averaging the exact 70 something points like we normally used to during the purse strings were being tightened..

One can even say that we did much better during the purse string period because we nearly won the league in the 2007/08 season where we finished on 83 points, 4 points off 1st place..

Isn’t it?

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Hate the guy but I had full confidence he would deliver the Emirates cup, fair play he did it with a 6-0

The 38 league free hits await

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
First ever no look sub...

FY6uRSJXEAE9zf0

...trend setter Mikel!

Goonerist

If Arteta is spending midtable budget and finishing top 4, I wouldn't want him out. Only an idiot would want him out if he's overachieving.
That is why I was a AKB until 2015.. I bought into the “We are paying for the stadium. We have to sell before we buy. We want to be a self sufficient club. We have to adhere to the FFP regulations. The sugar daddy clubs are buying trophies. We will become very competitive once the stadium is paid off etc” talk. I accepted that narrative back then, hence why I tried to give wenger as much time and leeway as possible while embarking on his ‘“YOUTH PROJECT”. I believed in him and saw a proper plan and progress in that team.

When he refused to strengthen in the 2015 summer I pulled back a bit and stopped making excuses for him. Was never one of those disrespectful people that kept hounding and abusing wenger. I could never let myself stoop to such levels. I have always had so much reverence toward the man. He never deserved the disgusting disrespect a section of out immature/ triggered fanbase served him.. But being critical of wenger’s flaws shouldn’t mean that one hates or is disrespectful towards him. I appreciate all the mans has done for our club. But that won’t stop me from criticising him..

Back to my contention: That 2015 summer transfer made me take a step back. He only signed Petr Cech when we needed much more in Defence, DM and Striker.. We were the only club in Europe that did not sign a single outfield player that summer.. I then started having questions about his ability to get back to his former competitive self. Were Purse strings still being tightened back in 2015?

Wenger had about 25 years of near control, power and authority over the team. Built 3 teams, He had so much leverage and could have pushed the club a bit more back then, but I still do think he just preferred the comfort, no pressure to win the big trophies at Arsenal. He could indulge his experimental nature without worrying too much about having to win the League title or CL.. Just get into the Top 4 and that’s fine.. It had become so stale and nonchalant..

Most of us wanted him to do great, we were willing to be patient with his Projects. We were patient about his Youth Project. Then patient with his Özil Era rebuild.. But both those teams did not live up to the hype and expectations..

I tried to give Emery as much time and leeway as possible too. But with the toxicity from our fans towsrds him became unbearable. I remember being labelled an Emery fanboy just because I tried sticking up for him amongst my fellow gooners.. That I had lowered the club’s standards / expectations.

I remember during the Wenger time some of us were also accused if lowering the clubs standards / expections for consistently defending Wenger and what he was trying to achieve.

Now we are being accused of being Arteta fanboys and are accepting mediocrity. Just being objective in a positive way towards Arteta turns you into an Artetasexual or you have lowered your standards and expectations just to make excuses for Arteta.. All because we want to be as objective as possible..

That’s all..

Halcyon Daze

Did you watch us drop 3 matches to bottom half sides when Sp**s was trying to choke it to us?
Yes. But we’ve improved. To say we’re mid-table trash is ridiculous. So there’s absolutely no chance we get top 4 then? Chelsea are dusted, literally can’t sort their defence out. United are a mess. Ok, Sp**s have made decent signings, but nothing more than decent imo. But OK, we have no chance at all and we’ll finish mid-table.

Slug457

You actually believe that Stoke had a bigger budget than us?
Income and expenditure from 2004 to 2012
Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 22.10.59.png

It is not a belief it is a fact, along with a host of others clubs whom had bigger budgets during that period. Lets clarify what a transfer budget is, a transfer budget is the funds a board makes available to a manager to sign players. Wenger was given little to nothing by the board to spend as we were paying off 100s of millions in loans, all transfers had to be near totally funded by selling players. Stoke and others had the luxury of spending raw cash provided by the board without having to sell and shift players to fund the transfers. Multiple people have pointed this out to you now and you continue to deny it or try and shift topics.
Here;
Nasri
Arshavin
Eduardo
Adebayor
Walcott
Ramsey
Cesc
Sagna
Gallas
Rvp
Etc…
Stoke City couldn’t attract or even afford those types of players..
They could not attract them because they were not a CL club every season with elite training facilities/elite ground with a elite manager, agreed. I dispute afford, presuming we are talking about Stoke after they became a established PL side. Adebayor 3M, Theo 5M, Eduardo 7M, Cesc free, Ramsey 4.8M, Sagna 7M etc. If anything that list only furthers my point, the bulk of our side post loan debt was signed for cheap and again, funded by selling others.
STOKE CITY’s highest paid player was on about £50,000 a week. We were paying the likes of Denilson, Djourou, Sendros, Squillachi between £50,000 - £70,000 a week. Walcott, RVP, Cesc, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin etc were all earning between £60,000 - £100,000 a week.
I thought it was pretty clear by budget we were talking about transfer budget, but ok, yeah, obviously as a CL team we needed to pay CL wages, I don't dispute that. If Stoke had appointed a elite manager whom rose them up to playing in the CL every season they would have gradually transformed to a similar wage structure as ours, taking funds away from the transfer budget if necessary. As they were only ever relegation scrappers they only ever paid relegation scrapper wages. Not sure how this is relevant to what we we're discussing which was clearly transfer budgets.
And no one is saying we had money to burn like the likes of Chelsea, City, United
I only pointed out we didn't because you claimed it was a "excuse" by the Wenger lot that we could not compete with them during that period due to their vastly superior financial resources, never claimed anyone said we had the same funds as the Chelsea/Citys :lol:
That Cesc era team was nearly there, but wenger being too stubborn, arrogant, stuck in his own bubble and refusing to accept any criticism contributed to the whole weak mentality of the team
If you are wonderng why i'm not going to reply to the bulk of your post it's because it is all just nasty stuff like this, unsubstantiated guff bringing up all the old DT Wenger tropes like he is arrogant and stubborn and refuses to listen and has a weak mentality and he gets paid this amount what a disgrace and blah blah, all personal character opinions about a man you don't know with zero supporting evidence. There is nothing to debate here since i'm not going to make weird claims that I know what Wengers personality is, I just go off undisputed facts like league performances/spend etc.
, but on all in all I do think we are in much better and positive space then we were in before he came in..
Eh? He is yet to match Emerys only full season and has dragged us out of Europe for the first time in multiple decades, record poor performances in the league all whilst spending the most in Europe. If Wenger/Emery had the luxury of Artetas spend I'd be expecting us to push for the league not go on about 5th being a success whilst not having any European commitments
And you did not address my counter to your claims that after the purse string were loosened wenger improved our standing between 2013 to 2017..
We've been through this repeatedly, I consider going from 4th to 3rd to 2nd whilst starting to win trophies again with the 3 FA cups in 4 years a improvement, your claim is that because we were still in what you call the "stagnation" of the 70-80 points zone there was no improvement. I don't really know how to respond to that tbh, all i'll say is that I go off trophies won and league position to measure success, if Arteta finishes 4th then 3rd then 2nd all whilst winning multiple FA cups i'm absolutely going to consider that a gradual season by season improvement and will argue with anyone who say's otherwise
Wenger declined and stagnated since we last won the League in 2004. If he was at any other Top club (Madrid, Barcelona, Man United, City, Chelsea etc) he would have been sacked a couple of times from those clubs.
I think this is the crux of the issue really, either a genuine inability to understand or a desire to not want to understand that a elite manager who goes from having a healthy transfer budget, albeit inferior to his direct rivals, which allows him to compete for leagues, to one of the lower budgets in the division yet consistently massively outperforms compared to his spend and gets Champions league season season out is not declining and stagnating, he simply is being forced to operate on a far lower budget.

Nobody would argue Pep is declining if the Oil baron owners get bored and he suddenly has to operate on a nothing budget yet still plays beautiful football and consistently gets top 4 every season, then a new group of owners come in whom don't give him anywhere near what the oil barons did but it's something, and he then proceeds to finish 4th then 3rd then 2nd all whilst winning multiple FA cups. Well except you I guess.

Nobody is disputing if Wenger had been at a team with one of the top budgets in the division finishing 4th he would have been sacked either. Irrelevant point. Heck, if Wenger was being given the money Arteta has been given (the most spend in Europe) I would expect a title push, and if the best he could do is scrape 4th i'd not be against moving him on. Obviously I'd immediately call for his sacking for finishing 8th once, never mind twice in a row but hey, Tets has really improved us :lol:

Last edited:

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Nobody is accusing fans of "accepting mediocrity". Mediocrity already happened, you are justifying it. It's different.

If you wonder why those objective arguments never end up convincing anyone is because they have this implication that the all that previous horrorshow of Artetaball never existed. But you'll keep making this mistake, because there is nothing else to do.

Farzad Stoned

Yes. But we’ve improved. To say we’re mid-table trash is ridiculous. So there’s absolutely no chance we get top 4 then? Chelsea are dusted, literally can’t sort their defence out. United are a mess. Ok, Sp**s have made decent signings, but nothing more than decent imo. But OK, we have no chance at all and we’ll finish mid-table.
We are a predictable Partey injury from having a defensive mid field that struggles to be even mid table trash. We got two more injury prone but hood fullbacks. We were too thin to compete in one competition and get 4th. We needed 5-6 quality signings and gotten 2 or 3 ready to play signings of quality. Doesn’t take a genius this isn’t enough reinforcement for a squad too thin to get 4th playing 40 matches, will struggle to play 55. We need massive reinforcements and got a couple of ready for prime time players one of whom we already had. You are delusional mate if you think this team is a top 4 side

Farzad Stoned

"If the market allows us". Textbook Tets, when all else fails, blame an intangible factor to deflect from your dithering and cryptic promises to reinforce the midfield in light of circumstances beyond the club's control.

This man's assured to be successful in a future political career that requires constant shifting of goalposts :lol:
I lost a ton of respect when after 280 million transfers he claimed this was the best team he was allowed to buy. As if somehow the club hadn’t paid out enough; what does he want sell Kroenke’s paintings and have a go with Stan’s billionaire heiress wife? 400 million in what is enough money for Arteta to actually improve on our league finish?

Halcyon Daze

Did you watch us drop 3 matches to bottom half sides when Sp**s was trying to choke it to us? We are one dodgy Partey knee getting done from having the worst defensive midfield of any top ten team. Our midfield was garbage when Partey went down and Viera and Ødegaard can’t play box to box midfielder, I think I tackle better than Ødegaard. We are Europa league at best, Conte and his Italian transfer guru can’t remember the guys name is running circles around us and everybody else frankly this window.
Not saying you’re completely wrong. Yeah we need reinforcements, but outside out of City and Liverpool, we all do. Point I’m trying to make is, I think our issues aren’t as bad as the other teams trying to get 4th. I’m happier with our issues rather than Chelsea or United. Importantly, at the very least we have a strategy and a style of play we’re focussing on. Not convinced they do. In summary, we’re miles off top 2, but given the teams around us going for top 4, there’s an opportunity. Your statement was we’re mid-table. We’re not.

shoot for the top

That is why I was a AKB until 2015.. I bought into the “We are paying for the stadium. We have to sell before we buy. We want to be a self sufficient club. We have to adhere to the FFP regulations. The sugar daddy clubs are buying trophies. We will become very competitive once the stadium is paid off etc” talk. I accepted that narrative back then, hence why I tried to give wenger as much time and leeway as possible while embarking on his ‘“YOUTH PROJECT”. I believed in him and saw a proper plan and progress in that team.

When he refused to strengthen in the 2015 summer I pulled back a bit and stopped making excuses for him. Was never one of those disrespectful people that kept hounding and abusing wenger. I could never let myself stoop to such levels. I have always had so much reverence toward the man. He never deserved the disgusting disrespect a section of out immature/ triggered fanbase served him.. But being critical of wenger’s flaws shouldn’t mean that one hates or is disrespectful towards him. I appreciate all the mans has done for our club. But that won’t stop me from criticising him..

Back to my contention: That 2015 summer transfer made me take a step back. He only signed Petr Cech when we needed much more in Defence, DM and Striker.. We were the only club in Europe that did not sign a single outfield player that summer.. I then started having questions about his ability to get back to his former competitive self. Were Purse strings still being tightened back in 2015?

Wenger had about 25 years of near control, power and authority over the team. Built 3 teams, He had so much leverage and could have pushed the club a bit more back then, but I still do think he just preferred the comfort, no pressure to win the big trophies at Arsenal. He could indulge his experimental nature without worrying too much about having to win the League title or CL.. Just get into the Top 4 and that’s fine.. It had become so stale and nonchalant..

Most of us wanted him to do great, we were willing to be patient with his Projects. We were patient about his Youth Project. Then patient with his Özil Era rebuild.. But both those teams did not live up to the hype and expectations..

I tried to give Emery as much time and leeway as possible too. But with the toxicity from our fans towsrds him became unbearable. I remember being labelled an Emery fanboy just because I tried sticking up for him amongst my fellow gooners.. That I had lowered the club’s standards / expectations.

I remember during the Wenger time some of us were also accused if lowering the clubs standards / expections for consistently defending Wenger and what he was trying to achieve.

Now we are being accused of being Arteta fanboys and are accepting mediocrity. Just being objective in a positive way towards Arteta turns you into an Artetasexual or you have lowered your standards and expectations just to make excuses for Arteta.. All because we want to be as objective as possible..

That’s all..
Objectively, Arteta should have been fired at least twice.

Reactions: Kav

Legend14

Established Member
We are a predictable Partey injury from having a defensive mid field that struggles to be even mid table trash. We got two more injury prone but hood fullbacks. We were too thin to compete in one competition and get 4th. We needed 5-6 quality signings and gotten 2 or 3 ready to play signings of quality. Doesn’t take a genius this isn’t enough reinforcement for a squad too thin to get 4th playing 40 matches, will struggle to play 55. We need massive reinforcements and got a couple of ready for prime time players one of whom we already had. You are delusional mate if you think this team is a top 4 side
Even though your basic agenda is anti-Arteta, can’t fault the logic here. The starting 11 is a top 4 contender, but history has shown we need to be 16 deep with real talent given injuries and schedule. We are not there yet. We will find this out if we don’t sign a couple more players and then there is this built in excuse as to why we didn’t do what we should have done. The opportunity is now.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom