• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Slug457

As things stand though, what can the club do?
Absolutely horrendous
Put it this way, if a player has multiple accusations of visiting a sick relative abroad without the consent of the club at the very minimum they can release a statement clarifying the clubs position and at the very maximum not play said player whilst still giving him a full wage (as 100% innocent until proven guilty) until the accusations are dealt with. To do F all stinks of unprofessionalism at best and something far more sinister at worst.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Not exactly Arteta specific but recent events have really soured me off the club. Disgusting if true, and not a club I feel I can support anymore. Not sure I'll even post again here.

I am not on A-M as often and may have missed something, what is this about?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Put it this way, if a player has multiple accusations of visiting a sick relative abroad without the consent of the club at the very minimum they can release a statement clarifying the clubs position and at the very maximum not play said player whilst still giving him a full wage (as 100% innocent until proven guilty) until the accusations are dealt with. To do F all stinks of unprofessionalism at best and something far more sinister at worst.
Says it all about the manager who'd rather put his career above human decency by knowingly continuing to play and protect a player who has multiple times visited sick relatives abroad. Sociopath in a turtleneck.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Says it all about the manager who'd rather put his career above human decency by knowingly continuing to play and protect a player who has multiple times visited sick relatives abroad. Sociopath in a turtleneck.
The poor mods trying to figure out which warning color scheme will get you lot to stop discussing what we can't discuss and you lot simultaneously trying to figure out ways to discuss it in code:
its always sunny in philadelphia carol GIF

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not a great day to be an Arsenal fan and a Arteta fan...

296322589_455357572846903_5929885805253409024_n.jpg

...but he may just still win over this fanbase yet!

Goonerist

FFS, It always comes back to this 4th thing :lol: :lol:

It's really not hard to understand. If you plateau at 4th for multiple seasons and that's seen as your end goal each year fans will grow tired of it because they want to win or at least challenge for things.

Being a bridesmaid or best man is cool, after doing it 7-8 times for friends you want to be the one getting married and getting the attention.

If fans stop seeing progress, unless your 1st, they will become frustrated and want change eventually. That's just basic human nature. After a decade or so of it, it was harder and harder to take.

Sure Arteta is getting preferential treatment and if we finish 4th next season it will be celebrated more than Wenger doing it for the 8th time or whatever. Again, basic human nature, because we're seeing progress and we don't know how far it'll go. The aim considering the level of investment etc is clearly not to just finish 4th endlessly.

If that does happen for 3 seasons or so Arteta will be gone long before Arsène was.

It's very simple, if fans don't feel like the club is progressing league position wise over a medium term period ( multiple seasons) they will want change.
You saved me the time. This is exactly my take and have been saying for the last 2 seasons.
If Arteta goes 3 or 4 seasons just about hanging in there for 4th place then I would want him out as soon as possible..
I want Top 4 this season, not just scraping into it by a point or 2. Want to finish in there with a few points advantage over the next rival. I want to see Arteta play a bit more entertaining / attractive football. I want Arteta to start taking points of the top 2 teams (City and Liverpool), no more moral victories (This kind of talk: “But we played so well against City / Liverpool even if we did not pick up a single point blah blah”). If he can get Top 4 this starting season then the season after I want to see him challenging the Top 2 for Second place or even first place.. Etc..

Arteta has gotten so much Leeway from most of us the fans due to the FA CUP he won, due to the way he has shown arrogant leadership and the way he been so ruthless when it comes to primadonna players (Özil, Guendouzi, Auba etc). He nipped the problems at the bud before they got out of his control. He has stayed strong and never gave into the players shenanigans and a certain section of our fanbase pressures to give into their demands..

He has shown so much strength even when his decision were not that popular, he stuck by his big decisions.. To me I fee like this is why the majority of our fanbase has given him enough Leeway the same they denied Emery. He has brought back a bit of sanity at the club (dressing room). Emery showed weakness and lack of a plan and progress. He let players personalities overpower him and that is a big RED FLAG for any manager. You lose the dressing room, which in turn gets the owners nervous, it gets the fans nervous etc and all that is a recipe for disaster..

We need to see much better progress from Arteta this coming season. Lets start taking points off the Top 2. Better entertaining football. Finish in the Top 4 much comfortably, don’t want to be squeaky like it was last season (we bottled it)..

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Good Enough for a top 4 team, not good enough for Chelsea´s previous win everything policy.
Chelsea is officially a top 4 is a trophy team like us.
Lol, who said we are a top 4 team we are a glorified mid table Europa league team; have been for 6 years. Us claiming we are a top 4 team is like Post Ferguson United team claiming they are perennial title contenders. Mid table trash and Europa league is not only our new level but the lobotomized sheep fans are happy with the destruction job labeled as the Process and happy with it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I dont see any more incoming. Artetas been fully backed now. His team out there. Its up to him to keep the players in line for a top 4 challenge. No more bullshit.
Watch the key word when he fails again will be injuries.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I dont see any more incoming. Artetas been fully backed now. His team out there. Its up to him to keep the players in line for a top 4 challenge. No more bullshit.
There still room to improve the team its not about backing because Arteta won't be staying forever and kroenke likely back every managers . There areas still lack quality

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom