• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also if your point was so simple you wouldn’t be writing out an extended lit review as a post.
If the use of dashes in the place of bullet points was too much for your brain to handle just say that.

Anyway it’s less about changing your mind, more about showing others why you’re wrong. ☺️

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If the use of dashes in the place of bullet points was too much for your brain to handle just say that.

Anyway it’s less about changing your mind, more about showing others why you’re wrong. ☺️

I'm sure you've done a fantastic job of this.

D

Deleted member 102404

Unless it's under Wenger :lol:
Direction of travel matters.
The comparison to Wenger is a false equivalence in my view.
We were heading lower with him at the end. We are currently heading upwards, albeit admittedly having being taken even lower with this manager.
He’s now got us back to where we were when he took over and this season needs to go higher.
We will see, but I am not buying the ‘top 4 wasn’t good enough for Wenger, so it’s not for Arteta’ argument.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Arsenal are always going to have a name value, location and at least a few really good players. That's going to be an attractive post bar maybe the top 4-5 managers in the world.

I think immediately after Arsène was the time we could and should have bought in a real heavy hitter as manager. No offence to Emery, he's a good manager but appointing him wasn't exactly making a statement to the rest of the footballing world, reputation wise.

Personally I think Arsenal having a reputation for being fairly financially frugal over the previous decade or so might have put some big names off.

After Arteta I can see us getting a top 10 manager in the world though. A young, streamlined squad, purse strings loosened by Kroenke. That'll be an attractive option for many managers I think.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Arsenal are always going to have a name value, location and at least a few really good players. That's going to be an attractive post bar maybe the top 4-5 managers in the world.

I think immediately after Arsène was the time we could and should have bought in a real heavy hitter as manager. No offence to Emery, he's a good manager but appointing him wasn't exactly making a statement to the rest of the footballing world, reputation wise.

Personally I think Arsenal having a reputation for being fairly financially frugal over the previous decade or so might have put some big names off.

After Arteta I can see us getting a top 10 manager in the world though. A young, streamlined squad, purse strings loosened by Kroenke. That'll be an attractive option for many managers I think.
For me Klopp is the one that got away! Wenger should have left a bit earlier and we could have gotten Klopp. I have no doubt about it. We would have been the club for him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You’re like Lee Gunner you.

leegunner-leegunner82.gif

Slug457

Direction of travel matters.
Agreed.
We were heading lower with him at the end.
The WOB campaign began before any sign of heading lower though :lol:
We will see, but I am not buying the ‘top 4 wasn’t good enough for Wenger, so it’s not for Arteta’ argument.
You literally just said you'd be happy with top 4/cups under Arteta :lol: Unless you expect us to push on and challenge at some point, if so when?

Slug457

For me Klopp is the one that got away! Wenger should have left a bit earlier and we could have gotten Klopp. I have no doubt about it. We would have been the club for him.
Or the board felt sacking a manager whom the players loved for finishing 3rd and winning a FA cup for a manager who by all accounts had already long agreed to join Liverpool was inappropriate :lol: Zero guarantees he would have come here and turned us into title challengers either, completely different clubs/situations, keep in mind he finished 8th his first season with Liverpool before the big money signings starting coming in, and all the evidence post Wenger suggests the job he was doing was hugely under appreciated and very difficult to replicate. Who knows you might have been Klopp out :lol:

D

Deleted member 102404

Agreed.

The WOB campaign began before any sign of heading lower though :lol:

You literally just said you'd be happy with top 4/cups under Arteta :lol: Unless you expect us to push on and challenge at some point, if so when?
Scraping 4th and only scoring 60 odd goals is not good enough with this current squad imo.
I want 4th min, good attacking football and a cup. I would settle for no cup only if we got 3rd and a significant points haul improvement placing us much much closer to Liverpool and City.
It’s all on Arteta now because with this squad he now has I believe Wenger or another elite manager now would be challenging for the top 2 spots.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

I think it was irrelevant as long as Sanllehi had any kind of influence, he used and would've continued to use Arsenal as a slush fund for him and his friends. Emery was brought in as yes man and little else. Since Sanllehi was forced out we've seemed to operate in a much more professional way in our approach to team building and around it. I think bringing in a higher calibre manager than Emery might've actually destroyed us as they would've been more outspoken. We seem to be in a good spot atm at least.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Since Sanllehi was forced out we've seemed to operate in a much more professional way in our approach to team building and around it.

Not really, we just went back to the all power to the manager version

The only difference is that Josh Kroenke decided to throw some money, but I wouldn't call that operating in a more professional way.

shoot for the top

Or the board felt sacking a manager whom the players loved for finishing 3rd and winning a FA cup for a manager who by all accounts had already long agreed to join Liverpool was inappropriate :lol: Zero guarantees he would have come here and turned us into title challengers either, completely different clubs/situations, keep in mind he finished 8th his first season with Liverpool before the big money signings starting coming in, and all the evidence post Wenger suggests the job he was doing was hugely under appreciated and very difficult to replicate. Who knows you might have been Klopp out :lol:
At least Klopp has a brand of attacking football.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom