• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I mean, it's the same when people said any other manager could get top 4 with Wengers squads.

No one was actually being 100% serious about it. It's called hyperbole.
It's the same hyperbole when people quote a clearly tongue in cheek sentence like that then go overboard with their Christ, ffs, what in tarnation etc, two posts later they turn around and call Mari Pepe Mustafi etc non league frauds and spastics.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Once you start telling people what they can and can't write on a forum you're into censorship. That happened here under Wenger and shouldn't happen again. People have a right to their opinion and if you don't agree with it, either engage with reasoning, or ignore it.
:thumbsup:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It's the same hyperbole when people quote a clearly tongue in cheek sentence like that then go overboard with their Christ, ffs, what in tarnation etc, two posts later they turn around and call Mari Pepe Mustafi etc non league frauds and spastics.

That's my whole point. Some of the stuff being posted here, be it pro or anti arteta, is clearly tongue in cheek.

Yes, there are a couple of Rasmis here and there, but who on earth pays attention to them anyways? It's like paying attention to @Riou trying to start something by posting a tweet and running for the hills.

Granted, @Riou is (hopefully) not a possible serial sexual assualt machine like Rasmi was, but you get the point.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
That's my whole point. Some of the stuff being posted here, be it pro or anti arteta, is clearly tongue in cheek.

Yes, there are a couple of Rasmis here and there, but who on earth pays attention to them anyways? It's like paying attention to @Riou trying to start something by posting a tweet and running for the hills.

Granted, @Riou is (hopefully) not a possible serial sexual assualt machine like Rasmi was, but you get the point.
Is Rasmi gone then? He was tiresome. Still a few left though.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Like I said, I think Tets is alright. He's clearly got something about him tactically and his eye for talent isn't bad.

Whilst "any A-M could do it" is a gross exaggeration, I remember certain man saying "anybody could get 4th" and almost 3 years and almost half a billi later, this geezer hasn't done it.
With the same players Wenger had, I’d have backed any manager to get fourth with those, yes. Whether they did or not would be a different story. Never got a chance to see it. What does it matter anyway, it’s all history. You should be looking to the now and the future, not like some hung up weirdo looking back to 2014 every day like some. Enough time has passed now to make that period completely irrelevant and just not worth talking about. It just seems the more game we win the angrier and the more hung up people are getting. And it’s not even through provocation now either 🤣 We’ve won two games, looked good in the process, and people are crying about the money we’ve spent… wtf is this?

D

Deleted member 102404

The claim was incorrect in 2020 as pointed out in the first post. It's completely meaningless on top of that because pick a specific time frame and you can make any team look like a CL side, Newcastle as soon as Howe arrived, West Ham for more than half the season last year etc

What good is any "significant improvement" worth when it's coming from a nadir point you've lead the club to yourself? Even if it weren't him in charge, what's it good when you falter at the point where it matters?

In life sure, things have to be viewed in gray tones. You can only sack a manager or keep him though, nothing in between. Is Arteta the best choice for Arsenal manager? We've improved on almost every position in the squad, why should the most important spot in the club be exempt from these considerations?
I am of the view that if someone performs poorly and then things improve , i don’t labour on the past. With your view, you’d write off a player if they scored a hatful of goals just because the season before they scored hardly any.
What matters is now.
Right now our squad looks strong and we’ve started the season well.

samspade

I am of the view that if someone performs poorly and then things improve , i don’t labour on the past. With your view, you’d write off a player if they scored at hatful of goals just because the season before they scored hardly any.
What matters is now.
This is the answer. If you have a blueprint for sustained success, the setup time doesn't really matter as you should be able to have many years of prosperity. When Arteta's established I'd like him to find a protégé. Don't know why this doesn't happen more.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I am of the view that if someone performs poorly and then things improve , i don’t labour on the past. With your view, you’d write off a player if they scored a hatful of goals just because the season before they scored hardly any.
What matters is now.
How do you know "things improve" if you don't consider what happened before?

Funny how it's only "labouring on the past" when Arteta's ****ting the bed but not when you look at certain players not performing.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
This is the answer. If you have a blueprint for sustained success, the setup time doesn't really matter as you should be able to have many years of prosperity. When Arteta's established I'd like him to find a protégé. Don't know why this doesn't happen more.
Two wins vs Palace and Leicester have shown the blueprint for sustained success. Reaching RAWK levels here ffs.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Yeah, the difference is we’ve spent the most money in world football the past 2 years.

Also a lot of PR.
It's true we have spent A LOT these last 2 seasons but you know what I don't like in this statement?
We have gone through a patch of underinvesting, pre-Kroenke takeover. Since the Kroenkes took over we started investing in the squad.

...How much has Utd, City, Chelsea, Pool etc invest over the course of years to get to the stage where they pretty much have a complete squad thus at a point where they don't need to invest as much as us who are starving of good players. Am I wrong thinking like this, correct me if wrong.

D

Deleted member 102404

How do you know "things improve" if you don't consider what happened before?

Funny how it's only "labouring on the past" when Arteta's ****ting the bed but not when you look at certain players not performing.

If we have a good season (top 4 and win a cup) I frankly couldn’t care less about (8th,8th,5th). That’s the point. Don’t know why anyone would.
If we look good , as we do right now, I also couldn’t care less about last season or the season before. They are gone.
Same with players.

samspade

Two wins vs Palace and Leicester have shown the blueprint for sustained success. Reaching RAWK levels here ffs.
Where did I say that?

I said that if the blueprint achieves sustained success then waiting a couple of years is insignificant. No idea what RAWK means.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Where did I say that?

I said that if the blueprint achieves sustained success then waiting a couple of years is insignificant. No idea what RAWK means.
They read what they want to read and create flimsy counters out of thin air. It's exhausting. They know their time as Outers are hanging by a thread and are squeezing as much juice out of that as they can before they finally come back as fans. Their PR is weak.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

With the same players Wenger had, I’d have backed any manager to get fourth with those, yes. Whether they did or not would be a different story. Never got a chance to see it. What does it matter anyway, it’s all history. You should be looking to the now and the future, not like some hung up weirdo looking back to 2014 every day like some. Enough time has passed now to make that period completely irrelevant and just not worth talking about. It just seems the more game we win the angrier and the more hung up people are getting. And it’s not even through provocation now either 🤣 We’ve won two games, looked good in the process, and people are crying about the money we’ve spent… wtf is this?

I've given Arteta a clean slate and have accepted he is not going anywhere. I only started piping up when Arteta's past got celebrated, but I've said my piece I'm over it, I don't really know or care what the past few pages have been about.

The two wins and the manner of them have been good, Jesus and Saliba have been a pleasant surprise - we should probably focus on that.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Where did I say that?

You were responding with your blueprint talk to a post talking about us having started the season well. Why would you even mention a blueprint when the last season ended horribly, what else could you refer to?

I see @grange fantasising about people "coming back as fans" when you were anti Arteta yourself for a good minute. Embarrassing but to be expected. Always happens with converts, very little knowledge but a whole lot of froth at the mouth.

shoom

Yeah, the difference is we’ve spent the most money in world football the past 2 years.

Also a lot of PR.
This narrative has been bouncing round here for a while and it's nonsense. Transfers have two cost elements, the fee and the wages, both need to accounted for. If not you end up with idiotic comparisons like Ronaldo costing the same as Tavares or Varane the same as Viera.

When you factor both in we're spending 5th, the same as we have been for the last few years. Arteta's been average at best so far, but this isn't the stick to beat him with.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom