• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Slot Shame

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,407
  • Views 840,826

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Pool will definitely bounce back, they are just too good not to.

That team may be older but its still elite and well experienced. Forget overtaking either City or Liverpool this season, they are still a class above the rest of us.

The battle for three and four is between ourselves, Sp**s, Chelsea, United.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Klopp will get it together

I'm 100% sure Klopp will get them firing again but all good things come to an end. Unlike delusional ETH quotes, I don't think the Liverpool "era" is ending, Klopp is young for a manager of his immense experience and he'll know that Liverpool need a rebuild. I'd argue he started it two years ago, and imo there's no way in hell the board are going to fire him and get someone else in even if they do dreadfully this season.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

That team may be older but its still elite and well experienced. Forget overtaking either City or Liverpool this season, they are still a class above the rest of us.

I'm not sure they're as good as you think they are, but I broadly agree that they are still a top side. Can't underestimate the players they've lost though, it was never going to be plain sailing for them losing Mane and others.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

They're also incredibly banged up, especially in the midfield. Starting the Brexit trio against United says it all – when's the last time United has had a superior midfield vs. a top 6 side?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Got a couple of good friends who are Liverpool season ticket holders. They can't believe their inactivity in the market and them playing Milner and Henderson

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Got a couple of good friends who are Liverpool season ticket holders. They can't believe their inactivity in the market and them playing Milner and Henderson
Yeah, strange they didn't add anyone. Keita is often injured and not that good, Thiago injury prone. Milner, Ox, Jones, all quite average.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
I don’t like them but to simplify Klopp‘s time as one title in seven years is incredibly harsh as well as misleading.
Any other era he would have won at least three titles in those seven years, at a club that hadn’t won the league for thirty years and he would be being compared to Ferguson.
Unfortunately for him he turned up right at the peak of Man City’s sustained period of cheating, making it practically impossible to win anything properly.
He had to get 99 points to win that title, he finished second with 97 points ffs, as well as 92 points in another season.
To put things into perspective those 92 points, his third best season out of the seven, is the same as Ferguson’s best ever season in English football and more than the invincibles.
He also reached three Champions League finals in that time, two more than Wenger did in twenty plus years and one less than Ferguson achieved in thirty odd.
It’s pretty remarkable tbh.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You are probably right, but Klopp has history with what might be happening now at Liverpool. This is very like the end of his time at Dortmund. They had that one season where they went into absolute meltdown and were dreadful. But it is only 3 games in but if they continue to struggle for a couple of more games who knows where this will lead.

Just to make it clear, to me he is the best coach in the world. I rank him top, but that doesn't mean that all he does, especially over time, works out. I assume he will have learned from what happened at Dortmund, but so far the season hasn't started well. Especially the game against Man U was a big letdown. And relying on Milner at 104 years of age to carry your midfield base is a bit much...

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Yeah, strange they didn't add anyone. Keita is often injured and not that good, Thiago injury prone. Milner, Ox, Jones, all quite average.

There's Fabinho and Henderson too. 7 players for 2 positions though. I think it could be Henderson and Milner have seen better days though

GDeep™

League is very weak
That they start breaking down might not be a surprise. Klopp rides his core players hard and the midfield really needs to work hard game in and out.
The guys with the injury issues aren’t the core players though, more the back up guys like Thiago and Keita.

The problem I see is that Klopp/Liverpool have to maintain a ridiculous standard but without the resources of City, so everything is magnified.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The guys with the injury issues aren’t the core players though, more the back up guys like Thiago and Keita.

The problem I see is that Klopp/Liverpool have to maintain a ridiculous standard but without the resources of City, so everything is magnified.
Should Thiago really be seen as a back up? Don't follow Liverpool closely, but thought he'd be a starter when not injured.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Apparently FSG are using most of the money they’ve made under Klopp on the stadium. Already built a new training ground too.

Suspect they’ll sell up in a couple of years for a massive profit. New owner will come in with a 60k stadium, state of the art training ground, Klopp on his way out and a finished first team.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Assna to finish above leverploo this season? Who come with me betting my life savings, sorry my friend Riou no place for you

Uncle Good-Advice

Even if Klopp and Liverpool will bounce back, the gap between them and other contenders could become too big to fight for anything more than CL qualification. Their run-in after Bournemouth at home is quite difficult with NUFC and Wolves at home, Merseyside derby and Chelsea away. It's possible that margin between them and City will reach double figures and hopefully even more between them and us.

Bucephalus

My best friend is a Red, so I watch more Liverpool than anyone other than Arsenal, though I'm not motivated to dig into their stats, so this is all anecdotal.

1. The tactics are slowly being figured out. The combination of high line/high press and those long wing-to-wing diagonal balls used to tear everyone apart. They are still very good, but it seems like they are working a lot harder to break teams down than three years ago.

2. VVD has lost a step since his injury. Still positionally exceptional, but he doesn't have the same athleticism.

3. Salah hasn't lost a whole step, or necessarily even a half step. But at least a quarter step. He has to dribble with his head down a lot more than he used to. He's beginning to remind me of late stage Alexis. Individual results are good, but they're getting increasingly individual.

4. TAA is either regressing, or is the same, with results reverting to the mean. So many crosses to nowhere, instead of undefendable pinpoint crosses. Don't know if it's a question of getting worse or if it was an extended assist purple patch for a few years, but either way, it's not the same.

5. Injuries and the Nunez suspension.

6. They've played a ****-ton of football, most of it with high emotional stakes, over the last three years. It may not be sustainable.

I still think that they are the most likely club to finish second. But it wouldn't truly shock me if they had a bad season and finished fifth. They've got a lot of **** going on, and and a lot of miles on their legs.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
IMG-20220826-WA0007.jpg
The media that used to suck him off a few years ago are now having a go.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom