• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
We will see if this good form translates against top teams soon. If we don't beat Sp**s and lose in a similar way like we did against Utd then we can blame Arteta's tactics. We are beating lower teams that have less quality in players which is good, let's see if we can against teams with similar or even superior quality. That's where the manager's tactics really shines.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You what John ? There is a long list of mistakes Arteta has made since being appointed that at other top clubs would have led top him being sacked. Strained Reasoning? Not sure if this is a joke or not.

1) After a season of pure turmoil (2019/20) where we changed managers twice, we finished 8th. Arteta is then promoted to Manager (from Head Coach) on the back of winning the FA Cup and by Christmas we werte 15th in the league and playing the worst football I have ever seen Arsenal play with my own eyes ! He should have been sacked there and then but wasn't !

He brought in Partey, Gabriel, Mari, Ødegaard, Willian and Runnarsson, 3 hits and 3 misses.

2) For the rest of the season we improved both defensively and offensively but our offensive improvement was small, we were terrible in attack.

3) in 2021/22 we spent £150m largely on defenders. We spent a wedge on Ramsdale (which we probably wouldn't have had to spend if he didn't make the wrong decision keeping Leno instead of Martinez), we also brought in Tomiyasu, Ben White for a ridiculous fee of £50m when we already had Saliba who was already a top performer, Lokonga (who we didn't need because we had Torreira and Guendouzi) and Tavares. We all know how we started the season last season, the football was dire and our attack was useless. NONE of our strikers fitted the system Arteta was deploying. He should've been sacked then, but he wasn't.

4) With all that money spent on a defence we inexplicably managed to concede MORE goals than the defence in the season before that had Leno, Bellerin, Holding, Chambers, Soares, Mari and Luiz play a huge amount of games. How is that possible ? Clueless managing thats how. Arteta is marginally more tactically astute than Wenger and thats no praise considering Wenger only had one tactic.

5) He has managed to fall out with/marginalise a load of players so much so that we had to pay to give away the only world class player we had at the time - Aubameyang. And before some numpty brings up discipline - Arteta welcomed back Xhaka with open arms after he told the fans to **** off and, if Auba was so poorly disciplined why did Arteta make him club captain - a role that is supposed to embody everything good that Arsenal represents ?!!

6) We recovered from a poor start to actually look like a good football team, sitting pretty with 6 games to go and a healthy gap to Sp**s we proceeded to throw it away. I go back to Arteta's tactical stupidity/naivety. We knew Sp**s' threat, all we had to do was stop them, we didn't need to go toe-to-toe with them, a draw would have sewn up the 4th place spot. Not only did Arteta not see that Holding was playing like a demented muppet and call for him to calm the **** down, he went toe-to-toe with Sp**s and we got spanked. He was unable to get the players to perform after that game.

I haven't even mentioned the idiocy of slinging in a million crosses to a CF that we didn't have for previous seasons. You say its strained reasoning, if you take all of the above as strained reasoning all you are doing is showing you are incapable of reasoned debate, because none of that is strained reasoning !
So you are a staunch Arteta supporter I take it?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
An easy win against a very uninspiring Brentford won't make me fill out apology forms, no. Our best performance keeps being the first game of the season, our best stretch of football keeps being the first 20 minutes of the season. Replicating that would be a good first step.
I don’t even disagree with the uninspiring Brentford bit but the rest of your post is utter gash.

We’ve had plenty of great games and periods already this season. We made Bournemouth and Villa look like League 2 sides for large stretches of those games.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I’m really starting to see why he was considered such a prodigy of a coach. Compare him to other ex players and managers of a similar age and he’s clear.

I’m happy to eat the humble pie served, especially after getting rid of all of those clown players like Laca and Auba. You can see how much they were hindering our style of play.

He actually has good taste in players not letting awful crap get lots of minutes like Arsène use to.

Wait, weren't you literally knocking on arteta berfore Brentford?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

An easy win against a very uninspiring Brentford won't make me fill out apology forms, no. Our best performance keeps being the first game of the season, our best stretch of football keeps being the first 20 minutes of the season. Replicating that would be a good first step.
You exposing your football knowledge here.

Brentford had played 8 home EPL games when they started performing at the start of last March, before our game.

Before us they had lost one game at home since that point, and it was 1-2 to Leeds where they got a red. The record was 5-2-1 and even Tottenham drew there in those matches.

They just mauled United 4-0 at home. "Easy win" yeah right. Easy because Arsenal was so dominating even with two important injuries.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We will see if this good form translates against top teams soon. If we don't beat Sp**s and lose in a similar way like we did against Utd then we can blame Arteta's tactics. We are beating lower teams that have less quality in players which is good, let's see if we can against teams with similar or even superior quality. That's where the manager's tactics really shines.

Good form against top teams mean nothing over a season, just ask Liverpool. They couldnt beat a single top four team last season, yet finished a point off the title and with plus 90 points.

Good form against top teams, is a nonsense talking point by rival fans who want to reduce Arsenal's form to luck or not deserving of top spot in the league. Its a talking point, made by insecure rivals who do not want to admit that Arsenal are playing some of the best football in Europe right now.

Results against top teams mean nothing, outside of a final or final type situation (eg. needed 3 points to secure a title). You can play a team, completely dominate them for 99% of the match and drop points. Or you can control a game for 90% of the time, and lose 3-1. Or you can completely dominate Europe's best teams for large periods (us against City and Liverpool last season) and still lose. This happens because there are fine margins at this level, where any mistake made or lapse in concentration can be punished.

So forget "results against top teams" narrative. Let me tell you what will happen once we start to beat the top six teams. There will be ANOTHER excuse made for Arsenal being fake. In fact that has happened already, after the Chelsea, United and Sp**s wins last season. They were all called fake results against teams "not prepared" for the game.

If you really want to analyse our games against the top six, look at the overall performances put together. That gives you a better picture of where this team is. And no, this is not some advanced excuse for Arteta.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I don’t even disagree with the uninspiring Brentford bit but the rest of your post is utter gash.

We’ve had plenty of great games and periods already this season. We made Bournemouth and Villa look like League 2 sides for large stretches of those games.

The Bournemouth game was won in 10 minutes thanks to their new defender messing things up, but then they went and lost 9-0 so can't say I was super impressed. For me that was Jesus best individual moment so far, absolute quality.

A Villa in poor form back then managed to give us a good scare thanks to Ramsdale naivety and nothing else, but we had two rely on two Martinez errors and in general on Mings having probably the worst match of his career to scrap a 2-1. Of course with the Douglas Luiz drama solved they could give a more focused performance later and managed a draw against City, so everyone suddenly thought that game was impressive. It wasn't.

What do you think was our best game and our best stretch of football then? Leicester? that thing ends 2-2 if they had a competent keeper. Fulham felt quite lucky too, and we made our biggest mistake so far there so I can't really count that as our best performance so far

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Tbh I think this has to be your mindset if you're a West Ham fan :lol:

Nah, this is the West Ham experience:

bLzXMHO.png

Pop Tart

Established Member
I am neither arteta in or arteta out. He has clearly made many mistakes in his first two and half seasons here. This season so far is different. we have many different goal scorers now, the whole team is playing better and controlling games and i feel they have more belief in them.

Still the odd fragilities remain like the utd 2nd half, bit of naivety from arteta and the players but we are still top. this is a better team then last season, last seasons team would not be top right now.

Things are going well atm , just enjoy and give out the praise that arteta, edu and the players deserve

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Good form against top teams mean nothing over a season, just ask Liverpool. They couldnt beat a single top four team last season, yet finished a point off the title and with plus 90 points.

Good form against top teams, is a nonsense talking point by rival fans who want to reduce Arsenal's form to luck or not deserving of top spot in the league. Its a talking point, made by insecure rivals who do not want to admit that Arsenal are playing some of the best football in Europe right now.

Results against top teams mean nothing, outside of a final or final type situation (eg. needed 3 points to secure a title). You can play a team, completely dominate them for 99% of the match and drop points. Or you can control a game for 90% of the time, and lose 3-1. Or you can completely dominate Europe's best teams for large periods (us against City and Liverpool last season) and still lose. This happens because there are fine margins at this level, where any mistake made or lapse in concentration can be punished.

So forget "results against top teams" narrative. Let me tell you what will happen once we start to beat the top six teams. There will be ANOTHER excuse made for Arsenal being fake. In fact that has happened already, after the Chelsea, United and Sp**s wins last season. They were all called fake results against teams "not prepared" for the game.

If you really want to analyse our games against the top six, look at the overall performances put together. That gives you a better picture of where this team is. And no, this is not some advanced excuse for Arteta.
Mean nothing?? If they could beat one of those matches they woulda win the title. Of course it is important. Even when being critic and objetive and not saying nothing bad about Arteta you feel attacked and find a way to defend him. You are acting more protective than a possessive mother.

drippin

Mean nothing?? If they could beat one of those matches they woulda win the title. Of course it is important. Even when being critic and objetive and not saying nothing bad about Arteta you feel attacked and find a way to defend him. You are acting more protective than a possessive mother.
It's really not that hard to understand his point.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

They could have beaten any team they lost to, and won the league mate. It doesnt have to be a top six team.

Top six victories equal 3 points, top six losses equal 0 points. Same like any other game. In fact, I'd argue that a win outside the top six could help more... because your quality would allow you to score more goals against the "smaller teams".

And defending Arteta is not the point here, its the fact that you have been fooled to believe that a top six win means more than any other win. It doesnt.

drippin

They could have beaten any team they lost to, and won the league mate. It doesnt have to be a top six team.

Top six victories equal 3 points, top six losses equal 0 points. Same like any other game. In fact, I'd argue that a win outside the top six could help more... because your quality would allow you to score more goals against the "smaller teams".

And defending Arteta is not the point here, its the fact that you have been fooled to believe that a top six win means more than any other win. It doesnt.
Well one point is that you should not lose against rival teams like for top 4, but yeah, otherwise I agree mostly.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
He's not wrong, I would be pissed if I was a 18,19,20 year old supposedly further ahead in the process.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
For me, putting a youngster in a first team match day squad should obviously require them having the necessary abilities but it should also be a reward for good performances in training and showing development in their young careers.

Just being in a match day squad must have had the kid buzzing let alone getting a few minutes at the end.

15 is obviously very young but if you've got the potential / ability at that age, give it a go I say. Realistically he's not going to be getting many PL minutes this season anyway. 3-0 up and cruising is the ideal chance to give a youngster a couple of minutes.

Murphy would have probably have been crying about Cesc or Jack jumping the queue as kids too.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom