• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The team raised it’s level rather than dropped it imo.

Think you’re underselling that Utd side in particular. Apart from the Pep oil money squads this is the clear best.

Better than the Invincibles imo. Just look at that front three ffs. Ridiculous.

View attachment 9453

Had a really strong, experienced bench as well with guys like Giggs, Fletcher, Park and O’Shea. Also had a young Pique as well.

Think they conceded 20 goals that season, supreme team that, best Ferguson team IMO, for those three seasons.

Yeah you’re right, think it’s my Arsenal bias on display, we were title challengers that year but United were better overall, Chelsea as well most likely.

I still do wonder what would have happened had we not lost Eduardo that way though. We were electric up to that point, looked unstoppable.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think they conceded 20 goals that season, supreme team that, best Ferguson team IMO, for those three seasons.

Yeah you’re right, think it’s my Arsenal bias on display, we were title challengers that year but United were better overall, Chelsea as well most likely.

I still do wonder what would have happened had we not lost Eduardo that way though. We were electric up to that point, looked unstoppable.

Big butterfly effect is Diarra. If we’d have kept him and gave him Gilberto’s minutes we’d have possibly ground out results at Anfield in the CL and at Old Trafford.

Would’ve been set up a lot better for the future then when Flamini ran off at the end of the year.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The matches you mentioned as great performances we lost. That is my point baby steps and moral victories are great up to a point. But this far down in the project the project there is no more or should be no more tolerance of baby steps and moral victories. Moral victories are for losers. The time for moral victories and just playing good football is over considering the good managers we could of signed, the money spent, the time given, the turgid football and humiliating record against our biggest rivals we have endured. Let’s see it, I didn’t see a mature manager or team in our first truly big test at OT

Yeah you can call them moral victories or almost, and we know that almost doesn’t count.

I’m looking more at the structural improvements in our game play and how that had improved over the last year or so. And it’s why I’m so confident about this current team and what they can achieve.

But the key point is almost, it doesn’t count, and until we cross the finish line, has this team and manager achieved nothing.

And by the way, winning the NLD and Liverpool games don’t count either.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Or if Clichy didn't have that brain fart at final seconds...

Or if Ade had passed to a free Bendtner on an open goal to make it 3-1 at Brum.

Or if the ref didn't give them a non-foul on our 20 yard line, from which they scored their 1st.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Or if Clichy didn't have that brain fart at final seconds...

Or if Ade had passed to a free Bendtner on an open goal to make it 3-1 at Brum.

Or if the ref didn't give them a non-foul on our 20 yard line, from which they scored their 1st.
Sometimes I wonder if Arsenal would win the “ifs bits and maybes” league. Then I remember the Gerard slip and let out a little chuckle before getting a good nights sleep

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You're laughing?

Watch and see. Only Wenger's teams up to the Invincibles and the 2004-05 teams look and were more convincing than this team at the moment.
I'll respectfully disagree on this.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

@SA Gunner for the good of the club, I hope you don't get to eat humble pie and your prediction materialises, but we really have a long way to go.

Top 10 goals of 2007/08 season

Look at top goals from 2007/08 and that does not include some of the cracking goals by Eduardo, Denilson etc...

Matches like these, great performances and fantastic goals (in NLD no less) are what remains in the memories of fans.

We got a long way to go.
Great stuff. That goal against Palace that ended in the Giroud scorpion kick was one of the most beautiful goals from start to finish.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

People dont want to dream anymore… Understandable when you’ve suffered the sort of soul crushing defeats that we did in the league and CL from 2007-2014. It takes it out if you and that won’t be put right over night. @SA Gunner is refusing to let those years with all those teams containing big name failures blur his sight. He sees what he thinks he sees and he’s saying it. 20 years is a bit long though 😲
Funny, I look back and remember all the beautiful goals and many many wins and you look back and remember the few defeats. Says more about you than Arsenal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Funny, I look back and remember all the beautiful goals and many many wins and you look back and remember the few defeats. Says more about you than Arsenal.
I was trying to explain why you lot are such negative asswipes, that’s all. Maybe you man can tell us more?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It's hard to compare sides from different eras really. Even if this current Arsenal side surpasses our points total under most Arsène sides in the next couple of years or so, you're still going to have the intangibles of stuff like playing style and flair etc. This current side ( though playing some decent stuff at the moment) is never going to live up to style or flair of most Wenger sides. Teams just don't play that way anymore, the games different these days.

Plus virtually every Wenger side, even the weaker ones, tended to have a spell at some point of the season where they reeled off some big wins consecutively, playing well or went 7-8 games undefeated.

Things are looking good at the moment and we have some momentum, if we can carry this level on for the rest of the season and beyond maybe this side will deserve to be put in the bracket of the top 5 Arsenal sides we've seen. But not before in my opinion.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s like how many only remember specific summer windows despite Wenger being at the club for 20 years. People see whatever they want to see.
Nobody knows what you see to be fair. You’re all over the place at the best of times.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Does that mean I'm in the gulag at full time 🤔

Well if Harry Kane scores a pen then 👍

I did have Marseille planned for you but you’d be better off sent packing with Bodø/Glimt to a Norwegian river fishing for Atlantic Salmon.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom