• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Alexs

Okay. I take it all back. Arteta is brilliant! Took a while but he's learnt a lot, particularly how to deal with players: Xhaka, Saliba, etc. I repeat, he's brilliant - he just beat Spuds! Never lost at home to them as player or manager.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Hard to say what he actually improved today over United.

Chances? Our only decent chance until the red was Gabriel Jesus forcing his way in the box to create a fairly easy to stop shot. We seem to rack up xG but the quality chances are just not there.

Defence? We felt quite exposed at times on the first half, and not only on Zinchenko side like usual but even White struggled here and there, but Son and Richarlison kept messing up the pass to create a big chance while doing very little.

Control of the game? We started brightly but they were very disciplined and were quite close to executing their plan successfully, you control the game when your opposition gets nullified and resorting to desperate moves, not when they get close to execute what they want to execute

Seems the individual quality of Partey scoring after 57 attempts in 2 years and Lloris misjudging a ball made all the difference. That's nice, but hardly domination, on another day is Son or Kane pulling off a golazo from nowhere and sealing the match.

Considering this was our best XI with our unreliable midfielder having the best game on his Arsenal career so far to depend on those kind on things is a bit worrying, unless whoever mentioned this could be our Leicester season was correct then it's not really sustainable.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I’m gonna need some proof
Can we get a ‘What a manager!’ please :lol:

This sounds like a dope Salt 'n' Pepa remix

Swap man for manager.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Chances? Our only decent chance until the red was Gabriel Jesus forcing his way in the box to create a fairly easy to stop shot. We seem to rack up xG but the quality chances are just not there.

Defence? We felt quite exposed at times on the first half, and not only on Zinchenko side like usual but even White struggled here and there, but Son and Richarlison kept messing up the pass to create a big chance while doing very little.

Control of the game? We started brightly but they were very disciplined and were quite close to executing their plan successfully, you control the game when your opposition gets nullified and resorting to desperate moves, not when they get close to execute what they want to execute

Seems the individual quality of Partey scoring after 57 attempts in 2 years and Lloris misjudging a ball made all the difference. That's nice, but hardly domination, on another day is Son or Kane pulling off a golazo from nowhere and sealing the match.

Considering this was our best XI with our unreliable midfielder having the best game on his Arsenal career so far to depend on those kind on things is a bit worrying, unless whoever mentioned this could be our Leicester season was correct then it's not really sustainable.

I hear you, but to be honest we haven't really been tested by anyone above us in the table yet, just a relatively easy run as they say.

Be patient, you'll have your chance to bash Arteta with proper criticism. Right now, you busy scraping the barrel Im afraid. But I get it, you dont have much to work with.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Has any team ever won every home game in a PL season? I can see us doing it if we keep this level of performance up.

I fear Pool and City most in our home games. If we can beat Pool next weekend. Then I’d be confident of many points at the Emirates this season. Perhaps 15 wins?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I hear you, but to be honest we haven't really been tested by anyone above us in the table yet, just a relatively easy run as they say.

Be patient, you'll have your chance to bash Arteta with proper criticism. Right now, you busy scraping the barrel Im afraid. But I get it, you dont have much to work with.

But SA...there isn't anyone above us in the table.

VArmy

Great news, only 9 PL games before the transfer window. Even without Champions League football if we continue with a decent run we should attract decent players more easily.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Did you watch the same match as I did? Before the red Martinelli had a few good chances, hit the post for example, Jesus the same. Some very dangerous balls delivered to the backpost and last ditch clearances by Sp**s. Penalty call as well in there waved away as usual. And yes those really good mazy Jesus runs (more than one) which Martinelli also replicated. Not like Saka didnt create a few opportunities either. Fk it even Ødegaard had a go once or twice.

Genuinely how many more chances do you want in 60 minutes against one of the most defensive sides in the premiership drilled by one of the most defensive managers in the world?

Im not even going to go in to the Sh*te being a few passes away from getting a chance... it reads like 'if {insert defender} hadnt been there Kane would've been in on goal'. Its almost as if we rely on our defenders to be able to play a high line

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom