• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The ignore route, you really are insecure. :lol:
To the earlier post, laugh reaction is not liking. It can mean many things, in this case I just laughed, because it was laughable. A natural reaction.

Ignoring isn't insecurity either. You're more insecure because you stopped arguing once you were in a corner. Ignoring is about saving time not seeing the posts you already know are a broken record, or for other similar reasons.

theHotHead

Most metrics would have us about 4th, squad cost, wage bill is probably lower than that. I think most expectations from fans before the season would be we'd be hovering around 4th.

It's fine saying we've looked better than Liverpool and Chelsea so far and I agree but they've played 7 games. But I'm in no way writing those sides off yet based on what they've shown so far and our relatively kind fixture list to date.

I feel both of those squads are more equipped to deal with fatigue and injuries too which could be pivotal this season with the WC messing things around.

If we're in 2nd after 25-30 games then I'll change my tune, but I'm not letting myself get too excited based off a pretty small sample size of games so far, though we do look good.
Dude, I have waited a long time to feel this way and have cautioned lots of people against getting carried away. HOWEVER, the spanking we gave Sp**s has convinced me that, we are ready to finally be competitive, thats all I ever wanted, so we can go into games without me thinking "we are most likely gonna lose" LOL.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The discussion doesn’t really begin until @Makingtrax tells us “Imagine if fans had signed for 4th when we had a a manager that delivered it for 20 years, instead of flying plane banners and boycotting matches.”
Not you too. I don’t deserve this. Just a simple poster expressing his views, polite to everybody. :lol:

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Most metrics would have us about 4th, squad cost, wage bill is probably lower than that. I think most expectations from fans before the season would be we'd be hovering around 4th.

It's fine saying we've looked better than Liverpool and Chelsea so far and I agree but they've played 7 games. But I'm in no way writing those sides off yet based on what they've shown so far and our relatively kind fixture list to date.

I feel both of those squads are more equipped to deal with fatigue and injuries too which could be pivotal this season with the WC messing things around.

If we're in 2nd after 25-30 games then I'll change my tune, but I'm not letting myself get too excited based off a pretty small sample size of games so far, though we do look good.
Our squad looked great against Sp**s and the depth was way better than their’s. The likes of Tierney and Tomi on the bench. And Arteta’s injury record is one of the luckiest in the league since he’s been here. Last year he was second from bottom in the most injuries league. Our squad is looking very solid, thanks to a big spend, and long may it last.

drippin

Our squad looked great against Sp**s and the depth was way better than their’s. The likes of Tierney and Tomi on the bench. And Arteta’s injury record is one of the luckiest in the league since he’s been here. Last year he was second from bottom in the most injuries league. Our squad is looking very solid and long may it last.
Yeah it has been very lucky how much ESR, Tomiyasu, Tierney, Partey, Laca, Auba, Ødegaard have been injured. Martinelli got a bad injury too. Even Xhaka and Elneny have now been injured with a bad injury like never before. Oh my... :facepalm: :lol:

I have already explained how that list can be misleading, and the injuries last season were pretty close to some other top 6 teams if you consider every facet of it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Our squad looked great against Sp**s and the depth was way better than their’s. The likes of Tierney and Tomi on the bench. And Arteta’s injury record is one of the luckiest in the league since he’s been here. Last year he was second from bottom in the most injuries league. Our squad is looking very solid, thanks to a big spend, and long may it last.

Yeah but it's not like luck is a skill that Arteta has that can be relied on.

We were quite fortunate with injuries last season up until maybe the last few games. That was probably at least partially down to fewer games due to no EL, going out of the FA Cup early etc. It's likely to be different this season, we'll play way more frequently in a more condensed time frame. That's asking for injuries.

If Ramsdale, Saliba, Saka, Partey, Xhaka go down you're looking at a fairly big drop off in quality even if the FB area has depth in quality now.

We're still highly vulnerable in my opinion when it comes to depth.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah it has been very lucky how much ESR, Tomiyasu, Tierney, Partey, Laca, Auba, Ødegaard have been injured. Martinelli got a bad injury too. Even Xhaka and Elneny have now been injured with a bad injury like never before. Oh my... :facepalm: :lol:

I have already explained how that list can be misleading, and the injuries last season were pretty close to some other top 6 teams if you consider every facet of it.
Mate I’m almost certain you can find a way to make our excellent injury record look bad. In fact I’d bet on it. :lol:

Last season we had 520 injury days which was second best. Yes there are other ways of looking at it but they all look good. Total injuries was 16, 3rd best. Total absences 27, 6th best. Injuries per 1000 minutes played was 5.1, 5th best. Compare to Wenger days where legs were being broken for fun, players kicked into the camera pit and got gangrene in the ankle, the luck is on a different scale. Let’s hope it continues, I’m not complaining.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah but it's not like luck is a skill that Arteta has that can be relied on.

We were quite fortunate with injuries last season up until maybe the last few games. That was probably at least partially down to fewer games due to no EL, going out of the FA Cup early etc. It's likely to be different this season, we'll play way more frequently in a more condensed time frame. That's asking for injuries.

If Ramsdale, Saliba, Saka, Partey, Xhaka go down you're looking at a fairly big drop off in quality even if the FB area has depth in quality now.

We're still highly vulnerable in my opinion when it comes to depth.
Yes, our injuries were low last season because we were knocked out of every competition early and couldn’t even qualify for the European Conference League. That is sort of a skill in itself. :lol:

drippin

Mate I’m almost certain you can find a way to make our excellent injury record look bad. In fact I’d bet on it. :lol:

Last season we had 520 injury days which was second best. Yes there are other ways of looking at it but they all look good. Total injuries was 16, 3rd best. Total absences 27, 6th best. Injuries per 1000 minutes played was 5.1, 5th best. Compare to Wenger days where legs were being broken for fun, players kicked into the camera pit and got gangrene in the ankle, the luck is on a different scale. Let’s hope it continues, I’m not complaining.
You said Arteta has been very lucky with injuries in his time at the helm here. "And Arteta’s injury record is one of the luckiest in the league since he’s been here."

That's a ridiculous take like I just mentioned players who have been injured very much. For example Partey who wasn't injury-prone at Atletico, has played like on average ~50% of possible EPL minutes thus far and has been his first big and likely the most important buy.

Can you provide the link/source where you got those numbers?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Can you provide the link where you got those numbers?
Yes I saw it on numerous Twitter posts at the end of the season and I copied the table. I thought you had me on ignore?

728-CFA6-B-E462-4-B92-BCE8-C8063938-CE3-F.jpg

drippin

Yes I saw it on numerous Twitter posts at the end of the season and I copied the table.

Are you sure that is from the end of the season? Because last time I argued about this, the share was from just when we got the injury-crisis where Tierney, Tomiyasu and Partey were injured for a few games at the same time. So it didn't include it at all.

So I'd like the link for it for many reasons.

drippin

Yes I saw it on numerous Twitter posts at the end of the season and I copied the table. I thought you had me on ignore?

Yeah, just like I thought. "At the end of the season" you say, yeah right. It's the same chart I argued against already to a different poster, in this very same thread. :lol:

You have already just lied about how more many games Tottenham and United had compared to us last season in this thread. So it's you who should learn the facts. Here again you're lying and saying we had 40 game season. No we didn't, we had 45 games. United had 49 games and pretty easy UCL group with Villareal, Atalanta and Young Boys. Tottenham had 53 games and 5 of those were easy Conference League games.

Also you need to learn how to think about statistics. This link you gave has similar problems as the tweet which mentioned a list made from Transfermarkt squad and injury information.

Also this is disingenious, because the list you give ends at 5.4.2022, and that coincides almost exactly when we started having Partey, Tierney and Tomiyasu injured all at the same time. Of course then the other teams also have a bit more injuries at the end of the season, but this injury-crisis was clearly our worst and it is not taken into account.

I counted that we had 28 injury absences from that point on and 9 games. That makes it on average 3 players per game. It's also 43 days in total, so if that's on average three players, it makes ~130 more days missed due to injury. The one player who also missed games was Lacazette I think who was a starter.

If you add that 130 to the list's 520 days due to injury, it's 650 days. City had 707 missed due to injury with a similar sized squad (20), but better quality. For example United seems to have had 4 proper squad players more in their squad, and naturally with more players it's more easy to get more injuries into these statistics. Tottenham seems to have had 3 more proper squad players more, if you count Scarlett as third striker, but I counted Balogun too. Still Tottenham had 756 days missed and United 806 days. The difference is 57 days more for City with a similar sized squad, 106 days for Tottenham with 3 more players and 156 days for United with 4 more players.

Then you also have to take into account what players are missing. Are they some minor squad players or youth players, or important first team players. We had important first team players injured. This list doesn't take that into account in any way, and it has a huge impact on how much the injuries matter or how big crisis it is.

So there are many things to consider when looking at statistics in a list like that. Yes we didn't have huge amount of injuries last season, but it's not as simple as saying we had very small amount either, especially as the injuries happened, I think, almost always to starting eleven players. Can't be bothered/have time to look how it went for other teams regarding the importance of the players injured. It's a huge difference if for example Winks is injured vs. if Partey is injured, but in that list it has the same value.

Here is my post and the discussion:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Are you sure that is from the end of the season? Because last time I argued about this, the share was from just when we got the injury-crisis where Tierney, Tomiyasu and Partey were injured for a few games at the same time. So it didn't include it at all.

So I'd like the link for it for many reasons.
That table was published by Ben Dinnery on Twitter. He’s the chief analyst for PremierInjuries.com.

drippin

That table was published by Ben Dinnery on Twitter. He’s the chief analyst for PremierInjuries.com.
Yes, I just posted the tweet above and it is not from the end of the season like you claimed. Care to comment about the subject matter?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yes, I just posted the tweet above and it is not from the end of the season like you claimed. Care to comment about the subject matter?
Looks like it was published in April. So it’s pretty close. Show the end of season table then.

drippin

Looks like it was published in April. So it’s pretty close. Show the end of season table then.
So, you ignore my counter-arguments to the tweet in the quote I copy pasted above? I have already explained how that kind of list can be misleading.

Also I want you to explain what is the basis for your comment: "And Arteta’s injury record is one of the luckiest in the league since he’s been here."

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

So, you ignore my counter-arguments to the tweet in the quote I copy pasted above? I have already explained how that list can be misleading.

Also I want you to explain what is the basis for your comment: "And Arteta’s injury record is one of the luckiest in the league since he’s been here."
Things aren’t going to change that much in the last few weeks. Show the end of season table, so we can compare.

drippin

Things aren’t going to change that much in the last few weeks. Show the end of season table, so we can compare.
I don't have that kind of list, but in the reply I counted our injury days from the end of the season. So please comment on those things I have said in the post.

You can provide it because you're the one who claims we had and have had some of the best luck regarding injuries in Arteta's time and last season.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Arteta deserves more praise than anyone. He has got the fans believing in the team again, and it was always his vision.

Happy that we stuck with him also last year, hopefully we can move up another level with the right additions.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom