• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Europa League: Bodø/Glimt 0 - 1 Arsenal | Thursday 13th, October | KO: 17:45 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think he's been given a hard gig to be honest. He isn't really a defensive midfielder, and we're shoehorning him into that role since we have no other.
He isn't DM i been saying that for a while i think everyone sees that too. Just Elneny got wrong time to get injured as 6 Lokonga will never develop

TriniGunner

Gabriel Jesus to Nketiah and Thomas Partey to Lokonga is a quality gap in our spine that concerns me a lot. We are completely different side with them.
I'm not that concerned to be honest. The team played okay and we certainly lacked precision. What I noticed however is that players were very cautious to not commit to tackles and it seems like the playing surface had a lot to do with that. I twisted and fractured my ankle on an artificial playing surface in 2018.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He isn't DM i been saying that for a while i think everyone sees that too. Just Elneny got wrong time to get injured as 6 Lokonga will never develop
Aye, that's about how it is. I imagine the management sees it that way as well, considering we tried for Luiz before the window closed. Still, we got over the line tonight. I expect we'll see Lokonga in this role in the Europa before the World Cup. If Partey gets injured, we're in trouble in the Premier League.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Still yet to lose in XG

Happy Celebration GIF by MolaTV

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel Jesus to Nketiah and Thomas Partey to Lokonga is a quality gap in our spine that concerns me a lot. We are completely different side with them.

I think Nketiah is decent enough backup for Jesus. He’s got a nose for goal and his all round game has improved somewhat.

I worry for us if Partey gets another injury though. Like you say we’re a completely different proposition with him in the side. I hope we look for cover/competition in January.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think Nketiah is decent enough backup for Jesus. He’s got a nose for goal and his all round game has improved somewhat.

I worry for us if Partey gets another injury though. Like you say we’re a completely different proposition with him in the side. I hope we look for cover/competition in January.
When even Sp**s fans say that Partey and Jesus are the players they like to see injured, you know it is glaringly obvious.

I hope we have an eye on this for the January window.

Bradpiff

Ehh it’s like going from Wrighty to Chris wreh big drop in quality

Melquiades

I think i need to give Bodo some credit thier ability to play from back is very good for a team that plays in Norway i didn't expect that.

I think this is the 3rd time now I've seen them play and they're no Dundalk. It's like playing a Norwegian Brighton and despite the theoretically low quality of player they're exceptionally well coached and probably a better side overall than some of the weakest PL sides.

We survived which is the main thing. Got the points, no injuries.

Nobody aside from Turner really distinguished themselves in any way. Turner's performance was confidence-building, though, if he's ever needed.

Poor game for Eddie in particular.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
When even Sp**s fans say that Partey and Jesus are the players they like to see injured, you know it is glaringly obvious.

I hope we have an eye on this for the January window.

My opinion? Spur fans don’t know ****. I won’t use their opinion for a barometer for anything.

D

Deleted member 102404

Very good win at a difficult place to win.
Do better vs PSV than they do against us and we win the group now.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I missed the match but I'm glad we won and a stronger team was obviously needed. I'll watch later but assuming all the players got through without injury, this is a good and vital result. COYG

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Happy with Lokonga tonight, this was a good run out for him.

Reiss and Eddie, not so much. But they need more game time to get back into rhythm, I feel.

All in all, a professional performance. We needed the points and got them, and that's what matters. Now onto securing our place in the next round.
I agree however he needs to play with more urgency. It has a real knock on effect on our ability to get our forwards in dangerous positions, including the likes of Eddie and Reiss.

He's got it in him but I feel that he knows he's a mistake away from being dropped and that weighs heavily on his mind with his pass selection & pace on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 26

Talks have taken place between Marcus Rashford and Mikel Arteta [AFCamden]

Nothing is decided between Arsenal and Emile Smith Rowe [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom