• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Was he one of the players sick today? His feet just did not want to work which is crazy considering how skilled he is at dribbling.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah and it’s very unprecedented, I think that’s why it makes people nervous.

Nobody’s seen anything like it until City and we’d be expecting multiple players to have career best seasons at the same time.
And even though City have added a monster in Haaland, you can argue if that has made them a better team than in previous seasons.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If there was a selfish killer like Salah then cool, but until that surfaces he should be aiming for 1 in 2 or atleast 1 in 3.

Shrugging off the strikers burden is dangerous, he should always strive for that killer instinct if not for the team then atleast his own career.

People will get their backs up because I’ve said it but it’s the truth, he’s going down the Laca path and long term as we’ve seen it’s not sustainable. It worries me how willing he is to hide in midfield, be a bit selfish, maybe sulk a bit when everyone in the team scores in a 5 goal rout except you.

He shouldn’t give up on scoring so early in his Arsenal career.

blaze_of_glory

His play up front is the main difference between where we were last season and where we are now. No one who comes in is replacing anyone else in that front three either unless one gets injured.

A player who could reliably come in late on to grab a goal where needed would be welcome though, as it doesn't look like Eddie is gonna be that any time soon.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If there was a selfish killer like Salah then cool, but until that surfaces he should be aiming for 1 in 2 or atleast 1 in 3.

Shrugging off the strikers burden is dangerous, he should always strive for that killer instinct if not for the team then atleast his own career.

People will get their backs up because I’ve said it but it’s the truth, he’s going down the Laca path and long term as we’ve seen it’s not sustainable. It worries me how willing he is to hide in midfield, be a bit selfish, maybe sulk a bit when everyone in the team scores in a 5 goal route except you.

Give up?

D

Deleted member 102404

Made the difference when it mattered again tonight.
Just needs to keep playing exactly as he is.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Feels like a Firmino in his prime. Doesn’t score a lot of goals but essential for the team.

I have no problem with that but we have to acknowledge that Saka and Martinelli are not currently goal scorers of the level of Salah and Mane. Everyone can see Jesus is a great player I’m just wondering how much longer the rest of the team can pick up the slack if the CF isn’t scoring.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I have no problem with that but we have to acknowledge that Saka and Martinelli are not currently goal scorers of the level of Salah and Mane. Everyone can see Jesus is a great player I’m just wondering how much longer the rest of the team can pick up the slack if the CF isn’t scoring.

Yeah you need elite goal scorers on the wing but even more impressive that we’re up top without any elite strikers

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba bagged in 20 plus and we didn't even trouble Top Four in 2020, because the rest of the team was wrong.

Another good example of this, is our greatest ever forward.

Henry was just as good in 2005/2006 as he was in 2003/2004, won the golden boot both seasons...but one we dominated the league, while the other we JUST got Top 4.

As one had the perfect squad, while the other had quite a lot of issues (transfers/key players declining/injuries) in it...it's all about what the squad is for me.

Don't really see why you would be concerned by his lack of goals, he's a false 9 and doing it perfectly...Arteta almost certainly demanded more from Ødegaard/Saka/Martinelli this season anyway, Jesus is perfect for getting those numbers out of them.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think Jesus has been excellent for us this season in most facets of his game. I'd still like to see more goals from him though. It's not like he's not getting the chances.

It's fine comparing him to Firmino but he had two 20+ goal a season wide men flanking him. We don't as it stands. Martinelli and Saka just aren't at that level yet.

It's not like I want Jesus dropped or don't rate him but he could do with working on his finishing a bit.

One day those misses will cost us points.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service

People will get their backs up because I’ve said it but it’s the truth, he’s going down the Laca path and long term as we’ve seen it’s not sustainable. It worries me how willing he is to hide in midfield, be a bit selfish, maybe sulk a bit when everyone in the team scores in a 5 goal rout except you.

I don’t completely disagree, he needs to finish more. But weren’t you saying that AM will turn on him? And now you’re fulfilling your own prophecy?

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom