• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Relentless Transfer Targets: January 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 7,563
  • Views 519,176
Status
Not open for further replies.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reality is, teams with much looser purse strings are going to pursue Bellingham. If not on the transfer fee, they are going to be paying him a bigger salary than we would. Just being realistic. It’s going to be a bit of a bidding war, unless he’s dead set on a specific team.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Reality is, teams with much looser purse strings are going to pursue Bellingham. If not on the transfer fee, they are going to be paying him a bigger salary than we would. Just being realistic. It’s going to be a bit of a bidding war, unless he’s dead set on a specific team.
Our wage bill got cut to the bone, still deadwood to shift. Plus very good chance of CL, it is very possible.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Yh he’s so hyped up, probably more so than Sancho was, seeing as he’s doing it for England too, that I’d imagine 200k a week would be the absolute minimum his agent would demand? Possibly more.

I think for any huge talent a club like Arsenal has to at least try and be in the conversation, we can’t just give up straight away, but yh I don’t see it happening and I also don’t see an immediate hole in the team where he’d slot in.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bellingham will be of interest to several clubs. I don't see us in the equation financially. That being said, if there was one place for a young English player, it's this Arsenal side. Especially when you factor in the age of our two senior midfield players.

You don't go to United or Chelsea, maybe you could make a case for Liverpool. Would you choose Liverpool over Arsenal now?

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think Bellingham might just be the second player after Haaland that I would think would be worth 150 million. It might not be in our league financially - but hypothetically if we offload Tavares, Pepe, Nketiah and maybe even Balogun for decent fee's they would all probably cover half of Bellingham's transfer fee.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Not enough for the hype he is getting...people are talking as if he's fcking Zidane...
At the same age Zidane had played 1 season and scored 1 goal for Cannes, and was 3 years away from his international debut, and had only just cemented himself in the u21 side.

By contrast, Bellingham has 44 games for Birmingham, and 112 for Dortmund scoring 23 goals and is almost a goal every other game this season, with 8 Champions League goals already. He also has 18 international caps and goal in the world cup.

Now Zidane was a genius, but he'd done f-all by the same age.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I've read something about Mbappé attitude problems. What is behind it? His mom?
I don't know. It could be as simple as an extraordinary amount of fame, power and money at a really young age. Too much success and people telling you how wonderful you are at such an early stage can really bring out the worst in people. I mean this kid won the world cup as a teenager and scored some of the most important goals and has just continued to improve from there so you have this notion that he's going to be the heir apparent to the mantle that Messi and CR7 are leaving as they get old and the fact that nobody since Pele really has been in a position where they might win 3 World Cups as one of if not the main man for a big nation so there's all this potential that he's so far delivering on (minus the CL failure)and it goes to the head I guess.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yh he’s so hyped up, probably more so than Sancho was, seeing as he’s doing it for England too, that I’d imagine 200k a week would be the absolute minimum his agent would demand? Possibly more.

I think for any huge talent a club like Arsenal has to at least try and be in the conversation, we can’t just give up straight away, but yh I don’t see it happening and I also don’t see an immediate hole in the team where he’d slot in.
He’ll be commanding more than 300k easily. Sancho is on 350k. Fofana is on 200k at Chelsea, and he didn’t have that level of hype.

6666Louis

Haven’t watched enough of him,

But yesterday he played Iran and his touch was shaky

Obviously, he is an amazing talent, just by being there, but whether he takes the route of Modric or Dele Alli remains to be seen

Physical attributes shine earlier, learning to create space and time for yourself while controlling the tempo takes genius and game time

Parteys position is tricky

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
If Bellingham has 1 of United/City/Real in for him there's noway we'll compete with that. He'll be on 400k a week and the fee will be anywhere from £100m-£150m. That and the fact we already have Partey here. It's simply not in line with our transfer strategy under Arteta, which is to pick up high quality players for reasonable prices. We haven't spent over £50m yet on 1 transfer.

I think we will sign a combative midfielder, who won't be far off Bellingham quality wise for a 3rd of the price and less than half the wages.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Obviously, he is an amazing talent, just by being there, but whether he takes the route of Modric or Dele Alli remains to be seen

Physical attributes shine earlier, learning to create space and time for yourself while controlling the tempo takes genius and game time

Parteys position is tricky
Alli mentioned. :lol: You look at these guys, compare the impression, and just laugh. The other is like a wise pharaoh from Ancient Egypt, and other a snot-nosed punk singer from the 80's.

I'm not sure I'd say physical attributes for a young midfielder shine earlier. Such a player of course needs good physical attributes, but you need to be very mature in your game and mentally to do it, rather than physical attributes.

Actually later when he has grown more muscle, that's when he can become even more dominant, rather than as a teenager.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom