• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

Keplaz

Morata? Good grief.
Nketiah is our starter now until Jesus recovers and he’s far better than Morata.
Morata does very similar things to Jesus. He is better than everyone thinks he is. He's not gonna get 20 goals a season but he'll do the job we need done. He's better than Eddie right now. And seasoned.

MikeVinna

Established Member
Confirmed three months out? We’re not going to get a player that’ll hit the ground running like he has.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Confirmed three months out? We’re not going to get a player that’ll hit the ground running like he has.

4 weeks out or 3 months out if he takes the surgery according to reports.

He's 100% missing some Jan fixtures regardless.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Two issues with the Jesus injury. Is Nketiah good enough (debatable) and who else is there besides Nketiah in the squad if he were to get injured. Both issues mean we ultimately need to sign a striker in January.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Against Wolves if i remember he had hard knock but the way he played here he doesn't seem someone who has knee pain the guy was running all day.

Still if he avoid surgery we'll be fine.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Look 3 months takes us up to the beginning of March. I don't think we're gonna make any rash decisions, if the planet was always to sign an attacker we'll do that like that Mudryk guy. There are a lot of fixtures to be played granted, but we don't even have EL till then. I think currently recalling Balogun is more likely than us going out and signing another CF, and I'm not even sure we'll do that. A loan would be something we could look at, but I don't think it'll be something that we'll be desperately pushing for either. Memphis is the only name that jumps out to me in this regard but it has to suite the player too.

We've still go plenty of time to assess things properly both in relation to Jesus' injury and any solutions we can come up with.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Shows the better depth we had in 07-08, were our best striker got a long injury, but we barely missed him to be honest.

Still gutted with this, just started to believe could win the league too :(

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

An entirely different topic here, but is it just me or does this all action style these South American forwards have make you more prone to injuries? I don't have concrete evidence but when you think about the sheer strain it'll put on the body, constantly moving, sprinting, turning, going into challenges, pushing your body to the limits. Even the style of running Jesus has in which he's constantly trying to evade tackles and getting hit/kicked.

It's like thinking about Alexis' rapid decline, I think the style of play can take its toll. Just trying to think about it logically. Because its so all action. At the very least I think it can increase the likelihood as opposed to playing like a more traditional CF.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Horrible news. He’s one of our irreplaceables.

Wishing him a speedy recovery. In the mean time, I’d play Martinelli up top and rotate Nelson/ESR on the left.

Nketiah can nick a goal here and there but his overall game is miles off Jesus’. Martinelli, although not as polished, is more similar stylistically.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
What a disaster.
Sums it up.

If out for 3 months & we persist with Eddie we're ****ed. The drop in quality is massive. Eddie just doesn't do what Jesus does in all round game play..

What the club does about this will be very interesting.

If we do nothing & just play Eddie it'll mean the club really rates him & we consider our forward options good enough to cope without Jesus..

Then we'll still only have 1 recognised striker for a really crucial part of the season.

Or

Buy a striker for short term or bring back Balogun from loan.

I dont think this would help Balos progression, he has been doing excellent in France. He needs momentum & solid game time.

I just dont think Arteta or Edu are the kind of guys to make knee jerk (sorry for the pun!) signings, even though it's clear one is needed.

Let's see how ambitious we really are...

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom