• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Jesus: Will He Score Again?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Was the same with Fabregas and Spain. Fabregas was way more important to Arsenal and generally just a much better player as well, granted. Pretty unreal in hindsight that a player of his quality didn't start a single game at the 2010 world cup, which was arguably at his peak. The talent in that midfield was just ridiculous.

FWIW, I think people are slightly overreacting. It's a big blow for sure, but we're close to January and Nketiah hasn't been poor when he's played. Reading some of the posts you'd half expect this injury ostensibly results in Arsenal lining up with 10 men :lol:

It'll probably cost you a couple of points for sure, but there needs to be some belief in Nketiah here. The dude's barely put a foot wrong for a decently long amount of time now and a situation like this is exactly why he signed that contract. The guy is full of belief, improved massively last season and he played quite well against Brighton which was the last game I properly watched of his. He wasn't the reason you lost that game.

If Nketiah continues his upward trajectory, you might even see posts wondering how to get Jesus back in the team once he recovers this injury. Is that the most likely scenario? Probably not, but it doesn't seem that far fetched either, given the form of Martinelli and Saka on the wings.

It's a big unknown that is causing panic. We could become toothless and Nketieh has a long dry spell or Nketieh's movement and pace could see him get 4 chances a game that sees him average a goal a game. Either are perfectly pausible scenarios. One thing for Eddie is he will understand Arteta's expectations in terms of pressing, linking up and so forth that a new signing may not be upto pace on.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
It's not a big unknown at all, we're absolutely doomed

These last pages are basically us weeping for losing top 4 again

GDeep™

League is very weak
I've been reading numerous articles regarding Gabriel Jesus' injury. A lot of articles I've read including this one is reporting he's only out for 3-4 weeks, not months. That would be a great possible outcome for us. He might miss 1-2 important games during that time but thats better then what 3-4 months is reporting.
The article you’re quoting is itself quoting a story saying he’ll be out for 3 months.

The “3/4 week” is an older story they are talking about.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
still no update about his injuries ?
Not yet. The articles from last week said he will return to visit Arsenal doctors this week and decide on surgery or not. He will probably get assessed a few times by differing doctors. If he gets the surgery, 3 months at least. If they tell him it can heal and he goes for that route then it's about a month.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

If all it took was Jesus to be out then it means Arsenal were never in for the title. Means Arsenal have zero plans to act in the Jan transfer market etc. I agree with @Tir Na Nog, a lot of you have blown this out of proportion.

Admittedly Brazil has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to forwards so they were never going to miss Jesus and his blunt outings anyways, but still.

I don't really think we ever really were tbqh. Our first XI is brilliant but outside of that we don't have enough quality to really challenge City. We've been the team that's used the least amount of players and the least amount of substitutions thus far in the Premier League. That kind of trend is impossible to maintain.

I agree that this is being somewhat blown out of proportion but the small chance we did have for the title is likely gone now, IMO.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I don't really think we ever really were tbqh. Our first XI is brilliant but outside of that we don't have enough quality to really challenge City. We've been the team that's used the least amount of players and the least amount of substitutions thus far in the Premier League. That kind of trend is impossible to maintain.

I agree that this is being somewhat blown out of proportion but the small chance we did have for the title is likely gone now, IMO.

Fair, I agree we had a Leicester chance of winning the title.

Technically speaking looking at form and position in the table Arsenal are in the title race, but the squad always held many of us back when it came to expectations. It really depends on Jan, always has. Jesus or no Jesus.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

A thought on Nketiah; it's one thing playing for our "B" team in Europa League and there's an entirely different thing altogether playing along side Ødegaard, Martinelli and Saka in the Premier League. The kid isn't Jesus but he will score goals.

With a run in the team last year, which was much weaker he impressed us all. I'll back him to impress us again, with better players around him this time around.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Agree with your point on the whole but Liverpool did challenge City for years by using virtually 14/15 odd players, they did a great job of keeping their players fit.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Typical we got ESR back and lose G.Jesus we'll never have full squad. The first few games will show us how we'll compete without him but we need to get the forward signing early in January

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I hope there won't be setbacks in his recovery would be nice he does xhaka and back in 2 months

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We got West Ham (h) & Brighton (a) to face before January..

You'd like to think we have enough to get wins there but tbh who knows what state our squad will be in post WC.

Plenty more games involving Arsenal players to go potentially. Gonna be watching games from behind a cushion here on in.

It's the same for all clubs, of course.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom