• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nket14h: Answering The 📞 From England

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Big debate to be had when Jesus is fit.

My mind almost made up…
Nah, I think Jesus will start when fit because he has seniority and more quality over Eddie, but I do wish Arteta would trust in Eddie more. There’s no reason for Eddie to get his first league start in December. That’s silly. Arteta should trust his squad more often.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nah, I think Jesus will start when fit because he has seniority and more quality over Eddie, but I do wish Arteta would trust in Eddie more. There’s no reason for Eddie to get his first league start in December. That’s silly. Arteta should trust his squad more often.
Arteta was sitting on top of the table so he can be forgiven for not trusting him. When Jesus is back, Eddie will see very little game time, no matter what his form will be

amigo

Arteta was sitting on top of the table so he can be forgiven for not trusting him. When Jesus is back, Eddie will see very little game time, no matter what his form will be
That should not be the case. If Eddie hits terrific form he should be rewarded to keep his place and Jesus must earn it off him. But it would have to be even better than he's playing now.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
That should not be the case. If Eddie hits terrific form he should be rewarded to keep his place and Jesus must earn it off him. But it would have to be even better than he's playing now.
Games vs my neighbourhood watch team doesn't really count imo.

As previous said, you have one guy who has led the team to 1st place in the league, you don't throw him away.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

The thing is if Saka or Martinelli go down, I think our strongest front 3 includes Jesus and Nketieh. Also if Nketieh continues this goal a game average he's on, Arteta is going to want to try and fit them both in the same team. It's a nice problem to have and hopefully Nketieh continues to prove his doubters wrong.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It was only Oxford but what I liked was he took his chances clinically.

Confidence seems to be high and he's finding his footing in the side with a concerted run of games.

I still have some doubts but I'd love to see Eddie really make it here. Such a likeable guy.

Deserves an England call up soon if he keeps going at this rate.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
If Eddie keeps up this form (obligatory acknowledgement that this was Oxford), I can see a case for Nketiah Central with Jesus on the wing. I can't see a reason why we can't rotate cautiously and keep many players firing as part of this form.

We all know Martinellis injury history, I think it could be for the greater good vs bottom half teams at least when GJ is back.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I was one of the only ones to have faith in him and now it’s paying dividends.

I actually think about half of the forum were backing him to do alright… just that the opposition were very vocal

Tbf he’s exceeded my expectations still. Good on him.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Fans are fickle. Some were far too quick to write Eddie off completely after not seeing him for a few months, basically ignoring his good spell last season or writing it off as a fluke even though everyone at the club says he is the best finisher we have.

Now some will no doubt be too quick to bash Jesus and go on about Eddies goals etc.

Reality is much more simple - we have a good striker and a good back up striker.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I actually think about half of the forum were backing him to do alright… just that the opposition were very vocal

Tbf he’s exceeded my expectations still. Good on him.
I don't think there's anyone who doesn't/didn't want him to do well.

It's just what we seen in the EL and the 15-20 min cameos, didn't warrant him starting over Jesus or getting more PL game time.

Now he is getting a chance he's doing well and long may it continue. Some huge games coming up fingers crossed he can bang a few in again Sp**s and united.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think on form he best finisher at the club just knows how to move around the box its the other aspects stop him from being elite type cf. Still Arsenal fans won't mind he do little in game but end up scoring goals.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Eddie Voted December player of month.

We had 2 matches in December. Eddie scored in each match.

Ødegaard who got 2 assists and MOTM in 1 match. In the second match, Ode scores 1, assists 1 and also got MOTM award again.

Seriously if Ødegaard wasn't blonde he would of won the poll by landslide.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Odeegaard who got 2 assists and MOTM in 1 match. In the second match, Ode scores 1, assists 1 and also got MOTM award again.

I think the more established players get overlooked at times.

Many wasn’t sure Nketiah could do it and we are yet to lose a game. I’d have voted Ødegaard myself but not mad at this, shows the fans are behind him.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Scoring looked easy when Eddie did it. Two beautiful goals and a great through ball from Martinelli for Eddies second goal.

Melquiades

Ødegaard who got 2 assists and MOTM in 1 match. In the second match, Ode scores 1, assists 1 and also got MOTM award again.

I mean, you're right that it was a bad selection. But I'm glad it was done that way as it's neither here nor there for Ødegaard but a nice little confidence booster and some recognition for a player who needs it and might be on the cusp of breaking out.

7 goals from 11 starts now. The last few Europa games were disappointing but he's rebounded really well since the break.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this opportunity and these couple months coming out of the WC break are the most pivotal games of his career and will probably determine the trajectory of the rest of his career.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom