• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Stiff, slow and can’t finish. What a combo.

I like Elliott, Diaz and Trent if they can cover for him but that midfield is truly finished.

Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson should be heading to the glue factory.

When you pull after a night on the booger sugar 😂

Nah in all seriousness I mentioned Liverpool's ageing squad a while ago. Their midfield is absolutely done for. Thiago has been a ****ing flop- I don't care what anyone tells me. They signed him and got worse!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The biggest compliment I think I can give is that I actually love this team now. Almost every player is so likeable. I compare that to a few years ago when I couldn’t stand the majority of them. I actually watched Liverpool play and liked their players a lot more than our own then.

Just so happy that connection is back with the team.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Lot to sort out at Liverpool imo. Gakpo and Nunez look like awful buys.

The midfield is over the hill and Salah won’t have many years left at the top.

Big reset needed there.

I think their success passes through Nunez "Becoming" a player.

Him, Anthony, Pepe and now Mudryk will suffer because of their price tags a bit, but they shouldn't be bad players.

Anthony surprised me a bit, don't think he'll get that Ajax European form on the PL.

Last edited:

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Aubameyang 56m
Lacazette 47m
Özil 42m
Mustafi 35m
Xhaka 34m
Alexis 32m
Chambers 18m
Reyes 17.5m
Perez 17m
Welbeck 16m

Wenger was given enough money, when he wanted it. He just often refused to spend it, especially when it came to defenders/DMs. And one of the reasons was to protect his job. The lesser the expectation, the lesser the pressure to deliver. But let’s not go over this again.
Surely, regardless how you feel about Wenger, you can accept that his work contributed heavily to the creation of the Emirates?

And that it is largely through his work and success that a manager such as Arteta is now able to build the squad that he has?

Wenger set us up for longterm success. Even those who complain(ed) about him leaving behind a bloated squad should be able to say, without contradiction, that regardless of what he left behind in the immediacy, he left the club in a fantastic financial position to push on and succeed at the very highest levels once again.

His influence can hardly be overstated.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The guy is getting hate from all angles.

He's just an awkward character, tbh, i wouldn't be surprised if he is on the spectrum. The media need to be careful with their witch hunts. They get behind all these empty awareness campaigns in football but when it comes to it, they love to spread a negative narrative.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
When you pull after a night on the booger sugar 😂

Nah in all seriousness I mentioned Liverpool's ageing squad a while ago. Their midfield is absolutely done for. Thiago has been a ****ing flop- I don't care what anyone tells me. They signed him and got worse!
I remember even at that time being surprised they actually bought him. In isolation he is a great player but it was the complete opposite of the type of midfielder that has bought Liverpool so much success. Their system worked so well precisely because they had work horses in the middle of the park. Who pressed relentlessly and when they got the ball recycled it as quickly as possible to their lethal front men.

Thiago is a player that you need to keep hold of the ball, control the tempo, slow the game down when needed. Which was the opposite of what they were about, direct 100mph, fast paced football. Maybe Klopp thought teams would start to sit deeper and he needed someone to deal with that but still it didn't make sense. So no surprise to me he flopped.

VancouverCanuck

Some absolute bargains there, looking back. But on the flipside some really bad signings. Perez & Mustafi you always sensed he didn't really want but kinda felt forced into buying.
I am not sure who you can really consider a bargain. Maybe Alexis. But that's still a lot of money back in those days. Same for Reyes.

One cannot use today's market value and compare against the transfer fee from several years ago.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

One of the biggest Arteta meme's is about this. "If I lose a duel I am upset,"

That end game talk after Forest away last year was the turning point I feel.

One thing I heard lately is that our training sessions are ridiculously intense. Like nothing some have seen. Think this is key. In the end you play like you practice. I absolutely love what Arteta has done with our team. We are hard to break down and we can score. After half a season and 50 points this isn't a fluke. This team and manager are seriously good and some pundits and journalists absolutely hate it. Well, guess what, they will have to deal with it now and for many years to come. This team will just grow and grow. Many of our players are still on the way up and can and will improve under Arteta's coaching. Just look at e.g. Eddie. His game has really improved and now he can lead the line for the PL leaders. Or take Saka and Ødegaard. They are almost unplayable at times. All these improvements can only come from practicing hard like hell!

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom