• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss FA Cup 4th Round: Manchester City 1 - 0 Arsenal | Friday 27th, January | KO: 20:00 GMT | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Play the kids and bin this. Don't show our hand until we play them Feb 15th.

Screenshot-20230123-130238.png

3473fff4-f2b9-43c2-9b4f-0cf508ac3666.png

Prediction

Man city 2-1 Arsenal

Last edited by a moderator:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Pretty sure Fabrizio said the club were open to loaning out Tavares but refused any permanent deal. They probably still see a place for him at the club.

FhQbEjXWYAAfC6V

View attachment 12648
I like Tavares, wanted him when Arsenal bought him. He is very talented with great physical qualities, and technique. I just see him more as a LWB. He can also defend somewhat well, but I always fear those brainfarts and mistakes.

Not sure he has the distribution or football IQ for the inverted LB role. He has all kinds of brainlapses too, not sure those will ever be gone, and Arteta will lose his mind if those happen in the defence. His value is greatest after this season, I'm pretty sure Arteta can find a better fit for the role. Like Fresneda as RB.

He didn't get a option to buy likely because he had a long contract, and they trusted his potential, rather than give some small option to buy. He wasn't a problem player like Guendouzi. But maybe he stays. I'd rather sell injury-prone Tierney and Tavaras, and get a proper top inverted LB. Tierney and Tavares will likely fetch 40 million pounds minimum so it's not a problem.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What was Haaland's highlights here?

Fighting with Holding, then ghosting when playing our two first choice defenders ffs!

Great scorer, shocking footballer really... can't pass or dribble really, The King still well clear overall.

Tom Mix

Re: Holding v Haaland. Holdini got lucky in the first minute when that prat Tierney (not our boy) might have carded him but after that, until he did get carded, he did ok really. And he did have his shirt torn, I assume he didn't tear it himself?

Too much respect for Haaland. I get the feeling he's not going to be a top goalscorer for many years. Once he gets some injuries or loses a touch of pace I don't think he has the brain to stay at the top level.

Loved how they were reduced to wasting time towards the end. They really didn't create much today.

drippin

What was Haaland's highlights here?

Fighting with Holding, then ghosting when playing our two first choice defenders ffs!

Great scorer, shocking footballer really... can't pass or dribble really, The King still well clear overall.
His highlight was when Holding hit him with an UFC illegal elbow to the back of the head.

james harden GIF

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Couldn't watch the match... how did we play?

Was Sambi really as bad as people are saying or is it AM sensationalism??

drippin

Re: Holding v Haaland. Holdini got lucky in the first minute when that prat Tierney (not our boy) might have carded him but after that, until he did get carded, he did ok really. And he did have his shirt torn, I assume he didn't tear it himself?
Actually both Haaland and Holding pulled each others shirt. So at maximum it would have been a freekick for City. No yellow when both fight equally with the same shirt pulling.

drippin

Couldn't watch the match... how did we play?

Was Sambi really as bad as people are saying or is it AM sensationalism??
It was an even match and their goalie saved a couple good Trossard shots.

Sambi was okay considering the situation, but had some brainlapses again. In the goal he also wasn't the best. Doesn't understand positioning and lacks fighting spirit.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I like Tavares, wanted him when Arsenal bought him. He is very talented with great physical qualities, and technique. I just see him more as a LWB. He can also defend somewhat well, but I always fear those brainfarts and mistakes.

Not sure he has the distribution or football IQ for the inverted LB role. He has all kinds of brainlapses too, not sure those will ever be gone, and Arteta will lose his mind if those happen in the defence. His value is greatest after this season, I'm pretty sure Arteta can find a better fit for the role. Like Fresneda as RB.

He didn't get a option to buy likely because he had a long contract, and they trusted his potential, rather than give some small option to buy. He wasn't a problem player like Guendouzi. But maybe he stays. I'd rather sell injury-prone Tierney and Tavaras, and get a proper top inverted LB. Tierney and Tavares will likely fetch 40 million pounds minimum so it's not a problem.

The promising thing for him is he does the hard things right and has all the tools to become a top footballer but like you said it’s his decision making and lapses of concentration that’s the issue. I still have hope for him as he’s only 23 which a lot of people seem to still be forgetting and he seems to be very confident in his own ability from what I picked up in the interview that he done last season which I posted on here.

Not really against the idea of giving him a second chance to prove his worth at the club. Fabrizio broke it down here:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It was an even match and their goalie saved a couple good Trossard shots.

Sambi was okay considering the situation, but had some brainlapses again. In the goal he also wasn't the best. Doesn't understand positioning and lacks fighting spirit.

Yeah so on the goal - Sambi was on the corner of our 6yard box as gundogan was about 10 yards outside the box lurking with intent. But since Ake was free (where was saka!?) I feel like Sambi could have positioned himself between them? Idk, we all know his defensive positioning isn’t great no use talking about it any more tbh. Lad needs to ship out.

Tom Mix

Actually both Haaland and Holding pulled each others shirt. So at maximum it would have been a freekick for City. No yellow when both fight equally with the same shirt pulling.
This is not about the laws of football. It's about the laws of probability. You risk shirt-pulling against the likes of City away at your own peril and when the referee is Tierney it's double the risk.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Very impressed how City couldn't play through our midfield and defence really, everything they created was from long shots...we have such a nice spine in our team.

We should have no fear of them when they come to the Emirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom