• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2023

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,523
  • Views 736,517
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We’re signing 3 players at max. 1 CM, 1 forward and 1 RB.
Fck it, I'll join in too lol

I agree with this ☝️

Unless Nelson really impresses in any minutes he gets, I cant see him being extended. That surely means we'll need a right forward. Hopefully we go back in for Caicedo, but might be tricky. Highly doubt we go for 2 MF & not convinced we want Rice tbh. Too much noise, it's not our style.

Think we'll go back in for Fresneda & use Tomi as utility defender across back four. Even if KT wants to leave, I doubt he'll be replaced.

Sparrahork

Fck it, I'll join in too lol

I agree with this ☝️

Unless Nelson really impresses in any minutes he gets, I cant see him being extended. That surely means we'll need a right forward. Hopefully we go back in for Caicedo, but might be tricky. Highly doubt we go for 2 MF & not convinced we want Rice tbh. Too much noise, it's not our style.

Think we'll go back in for Fresneda & use Tomi as utility defender across back four. Even if KT wants to leave, I doubt he'll be replaced.
I think and hope we will give Reiss another contract, said elsewhere but I think jesus becomes prime rw back up whilst fighting for number 9 superiority. Reiss becomes the mo of the wings, happy to be at the club and step in when required. For his own good he should leave but I hope he doesn't.

Interesting too to see if tavares comes back as a winger and thus trossard and Nelli become more likely to appear on the right from time to time.

It will be a maximum of one central midifelder, but a big one. Then maybe another big one following season depending on where patino's progress is and the decline of the current 3.

Signing a major rw may block Norton who is looking more of a winger now, thus fresneda may be signed if he wants to join. I don't see any other defenders joining unless someone decides they want to go.

The main news for the summer is who will stay and who will go on loan and where, I expect much less eventful windows going forward as the bedrock of a squad is now very much in place.

TheDrunkenMaster

Im not sure if caicedo is good enough on the ball to replace partey next season. Zubimendi looks a better fit. Rice would also be a better fit than caicedo imo.

UkrArsenal

1) new contracts for Salibа and Sakа
2) Declan Rice
3) right winger
4) a striker may be needed, depends on Eddie game
-
Points 3 and 4 can be combined into one if there is a suitable player
And if someone leaves - find a replacement.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The thing is Rice isn't even the ideal midfielder for us, it would be someone in the Bellingham or Gundogan mould if we’re talking the ideal Xhaka replacement.

I understand why Rice makes sense though, he can give you a 7/10 in both Xhaka and Partey’s roles and if you played him with either of them you become very hard to beat.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
The thing is Rice isn't even the ideal midfielder for us, it would be someone in the Bellingham or Gundogan mode if we’re talking the ideal Xhaka replacement.

I understand why Rice makes sense though, he can give you a 7/10 in both Xhaka and Partey’s roles and if you played him with either of them you become very hard to beat.

I think you get a lot of off the pitch stuff with Rice, future England captain and all.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The thing is Rice isn't even the ideal midfielder for us, it would be someone in the Bellingham or Gundogan mode if we’re talking the ideal Xhaka replacement.

Agree, but is that enough?

Don't know what the ceiling of this team is, but if Mikel is aiming for the absolute highest and believes this team could compete seriously in the CL in the next few years, then he isn't good enough.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
So no one thinks there’s even a small chance we can tempt Camavinga even if say Real land Bellingham?

Alas I fear I have set myself up for failure and unhappiness this summer ☹️

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
So no one thinks there’s even a small chance we can tempt Camavinga even if say Real land Bellingham?

Alas I fear I have set myself up for failure and unhappiness this summer ☹️
If they get Bellingham he's not going to stay and sit on the bench at Real. I think we'd have a good chance, Agent Saliba could probably help. We should be going for Bellingham ourselves mind you.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Agree, but is that enough?

Don't know what the ceiling of this team is, but if Mikel is aiming for the absolute highest and believes this team could compete seriously in the CL in the next few years, then he isn't good enough.
I think Rice is a transfer that you look back on in the medium-long term to see if he’s worth it. Don’t think he’ll look out of place in a CL winning team (assuming he continues to develop) but also don’t think he’ll have a noticeable immediate impact.

He’ll pay you back in versatility, robustness and ‘intangibles’. Our very own expensive Jordan Henderson basically :lol:

It’s a bargain if you’ve won a few trophies in his time at the club. If you haven’t it becomes a lot harder to call.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

@Sanchez11
BoldDopeyFishingcat-size_restricted.gif

That's it.

Close this disgusting thread & give us the "Arsenal Summer 2024 Transfers" thread because we've clearly lost this summer before it started.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Fs already merching with rumours the day after the window closed

AG is it possible for u to ban me from subforum?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we will get Rice this window and then leave Caicedo who will probably go to Chelsea. Zubimendi will probably end up at Barca. We can only get one midfielder in after Jorginho.

Xhaka, Rice, Partey, Jorginho.

The following window we go for the Partey replacement. Who knows who is on the market then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom