• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jorginho: Gorgeous Jorg

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
A starter who Chelsea were happy to sell and upgraded on. I mean, there's a reason why they are 10th place.
The dynamics without Partey makes ZERO sense. That's why we needed a someone with similar attributes who can also play as a b2b.
Jorginho can't play the Xhaka role. He's average at his main role. Chelsea would not have spent 120m if Jorginho was so magnificent.
He is a backup and cost 12 million and won European cup two years ago. If he was so bad why did he start 18 of 20 matches in league. Beautiful business, we needed a backup midfielder not a 90 million pound water carrier with one year of Pl experience

Farzad Stoned

Jorginho wasn't renewing. His agent said he was offered an extension at the end of last year, a month ago. He has played a lot for them this season. His teammates didn't think he will leave, and don't seem to like it.

You really blame Jorginho for them being 10th? He has had to play with different players this seasons due to injuries, which can affect performances. And the whole team has been bad. A sole DMF can't be at fault alone for them being 10th.

The biggest problem clearly has been the bad performances of attackers, and their injuries. They have scored at least 10 goals less than all the other nine teams ahead of them, and Arsenal has scored double the goals that they have. Chelsea has conceded only 5 goals more than Arsenal, so you blaming this solely on Jorginho looks super funny.

Excellent post. If he is so terrible as a DM how have they only given up 5 more goals? He actually is great at reading the game an tactical positional play. Despite being slower than dirt the guy makes a lot of interceptions. No one says Busquets is too slow, you don’t need to be fast if you are always in right spot. I mean sure it helps, but having a fast football mind is a kind of speed in itself

Zaza

He is a backup and cost 12 million and won European cup two years ago. If he was so bad why did he start 18 of 20 matches in league. Beautiful business, we needed a backup midfielder not a 90 million pound water carrier with one year of Pl experience
Started 18 of 20 matches and they are 10th. Chelsea deemed it necessary to get Enzo for 120m.
That 90m "water carrier" has the potential to be worth double that amount and replace either one of Xhaka and Partey.
The euros was two years ago. Jorginho was not the main man. He's washed. No way to spin it.
Anyway I can't wait for when we're stuck with Jorginho-Xhaka midfield and we'll see how that works out.
Biggest chance to win the league in almost 20 years and people are justifying signing Jorginho...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Started 18 of 20 matches and they are 10th. Chelsea deemed it necessary to get Enzo for 120m.
That 90m "water carrier" has the potential to be worth double that amount and replace either one of Xhaka and Partey.
The euros was two years ago. Jorginho was not the main man. He's washed. No way to spin it.
Anyway I can't wait for when we're stuck with Jorginho-Xhaka midfield and we'll see how that works out.
Biggest chance to win the league in almost 20 years and people are justifying signing Jorginho...
It will work fine. Both are experienced and intelligent players. I would assume the manager can come up with basic tactics that makes it work. Like dropping xhaka little deeper

Farzad Stoned

Yes. I love the buy. I prefer Jorginho at 12 million to giving Gangster Bloom 90 million for a 50 million pound signing. Who cares if 10th, so no one on a tenth place team can be good? You say he is washed but he is starting pl, never relied on speed; he can be quite an effective player.

If you guys want a coked up sugardaddy committing Arson and piling up 18 big transfers in two windows leveraging the whole clubs future the league already has one CFC. In a 100 years we haven’t done business like that. It just isn’t Arsenal we aren’t new money

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Why not answer to my post to you? Because you have no counter-arguments to my points?

Uncle Good-Advice

Still don't like this. Jorginho's major weakness is defending large space; he had by far his best spell at Chelsea under Tuchel where he was deployed in a double 6 with Kante. Hence, the space he had to defend was relatively small.
It is possible that we're going to play that way with Xhaka/Partey and Jorginho as a double pivot in case of emergency. Always good to have tactical plan B and this also could be perfect against the big boys.

Zaza

Jorginho wasn't renewing. His agent said he was offered an extension at the end of last year, a month ago. He has played a lot for them this season. His teammates didn't think he will leave, and don't seem to like it.

You really blame Jorginho for them being 10th? He has had to play with different players this seasons due to injuries, which can affect performances. And the whole team has been bad. A sole DMF can't be at fault alone for them being 10th.

The biggest problem clearly has been the bad performances of attackers, and their injuries. They have scored at least 10 goals less than all the other nine teams ahead of them, and Arsenal has scored double the goals that they have. Chelsea has conceded only 5 goals more than Arsenal, so you blaming this solely on Jorginho looks super funny.
Teammates are giving the usual "oh he's a leader in the dressing room" talk and not of his ability.
Majority of Chelsea fans are happy he has left. Dude only looks good when he has Kante holding his hand.
Like I said, we'll see how this works out when Partey is injured.

drippin

Teammates are giving the usual "oh he's a leader in the dressing room" talk and not of his ability.
Majority of Chelsea fans are happy he has left. Dude only looks good when he has Kante holding his hand.
Like I said, we'll see how this works out when Partey is injured.
I read their forum, majority were not happy, it was somewhat divided to sell him to Arsenal in a title race. Naturally getting Enzo will make them more at ease.

You didn't address that your blame only on Jorginho for Chelsea being 10th makes absolutely no sense at all.

Zaza

I read their forum, majority were not happy, it was somewhat divided to sell him to Arsenal in a title race. Naturally getting Enzo will make them more at ease.

You didn't address that your blame only on Jorginho for Chelsea being 10th makes absolutely no sense at all.
Of course he's part of the reason. You're making it seem like he's been the shining light in a **** Chelsea team which is hilarious. Chelsea were happy to let him go and we gave them 12m to aid with getting Enzo.

drippin

Of course he's part of the reason. You're making it seem like he's been the shining light in a **** Chelsea team which is hilarious. Chelsea were happy to let him go and we gave them 12m to aid with getting Enzo.
No, you said like he is the only reason they're 10th.

Of course he is part of the reason, but if you really think about it like I explained, their problems are much more in the attack, than defence or DMF.

Look at their goal tally and goals conceded. Jorginho has pretty good stats for this season too eventhough the team has struggled overall.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
We just need him to come good for the next 4months, like abua in our fa cup run and then I wouldn't mind if he turns in to turd.

For matches at home against lesser opposition and Europa League games he will be important in giving partey a rest.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom