• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu Gaspar

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
However, this doesn’t really address the fact that to date Edu hasn’t yet negotiated a massive transfer, and his ability to do so successfully is therefore in doubt. Which seems to be the main opposition point.

Bit more to it than this tbh. Just a few warning flags from our drawn out negotiations that suggest to me that our negotiating team really aren’t good at reading their counterparts and walking away when the situation calls for it, or wining and dining them when the situation calls for that. We feel a bit like an awkward virgin in the transfer markets at times…

My issue with Caicedo isn’t not buying him. I voted on the poll for him that I had no interest in buying him for £80m, that’s an insane premium for a few months. But why didn’t our negotiators? Instead we come out of the whole thing being rejected again and again and again. The reputational damage this causes is tangible. I’m not talking about our relationship with Brighton, fk that, but in general. Clubs will assume that we’ll keep dicking about and will start sighing as soon as they see our name on the caller ID. Being a good deal maker involves being firm and decisive.

Of course @farzad4daarse will read this and his “sense” of it will be that I want Caicedo for £200m so I can then give that money to Boehly to spank me

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Lmfao. Find one post where I (or ANYONE) twerked for Boehly.

Your “sense” of the content of posts is far removed from the reality I’m afraid.

Did you or did you not call us Chelsea’s *****? To me that is twerking for Boehly. I don’t see the problem with how i analyzed your response. Unless you think calling the club i love ***** for being smart and not setting fire to our club, is a compliment.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The reputational damage this causes is tangible. I’m not talking about our relationship with Brighton, fk that, but in general. Clubs will assume that we’ll keep dicking about and will start sighing as soon as they see our name on the caller ID. Being a good deal maker involves being firm and decisive.
But they have been decisive in earlier deals, for example White. They do it when it is required.

They don't do it when they try to get a player who they think is not worth as much as the seller thinks. They try to get him for cheaper, and have backup targets.

You see it as reputational damage that Arsenal don't overpay what the seller wants. I see it as totally opposite and a good thing for the future to be quite strict in your valuation and have balls to say no to silly demands.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Did you or did you not call us Chelsea’s *****? To me that is twerking for Boehly. I don’t see the problem with how i analyzed your response. Unless you think calling the club i love ***** for being smart and not setting fire to our club, is a compliment.

Man, saying we’re acting like ***** is NOT the same thing as twerking for boehly 🤣
If that’s where this is coming from then I’m just gonna laugh this one off.

Farzad Stoned

Man, saying we’re acting like ***** is NOT the same thing as twerking for boehly 🤣
If that’s where this is coming from then I’m just gonna laugh this one off.
Yes it is, Boehly is a stud for setting fire to CFC and we are his ***** because we didn’t jump off the cliff as fast as he did. What other logical reading can there be for that slander of my beloved Arsenal, a fcking institution of world football I am damn proud of.

drippin

What other logical reading can there be for that slander of my beloved Arsenal, a fcking institution of world football I am damn proud of.
They are not slandering Arsenal. They are criticizing Edu for not paying over the top for players, because they think it's all his fault.

Without realizing that Arsenal has this history of bargaining and not paying huge fees often, which very likely comes from the board. And likely also because Arteta has looked how Pep handles transfers.

Farzad Stoned

The Boehlysexuals are running rampant today destroying the previous bipolar world of sexuals and outers. Redrawing alliances and animosities. I love it; enough of this cumbaya crap we had to read with our team sitting pretty at the top of the standings. Frankly, it was getting too lovey dovey and saccharine on here before the arrival of the Boehlysexual menace for me to fight.

Farzad Stoned

They are not slandering Arsenal. They are criticizing Edu for not paying over the top for players, because they think it's all his fault.

Without realizing that Arsenal has this history of bargaining and not paying huge fees often, which very likely comes from the board. And likely also because Arteta has looked how Pep handles transfers.

In fact, in a market you want to have the reputation of a fair, reliable long term buyer who never over buys. That is how you get great deals. Any player Boehly wants will cost him more than the same player Edu wants. When Boehly goes to buy a striker what are teams going to quote after 600 million in transfers?

Farzad Stoned

I didn’t take issue with them, but with one guy who called our club CFC’s ***** without even looking at the structure of deals. So don’t misinterpret my slander comment was addressed to one poster, not all the Boehlysexuals.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Nah that’s not it. I’ve been very clear on my stance. I said on the Caicedo thread after our first bid that I thought there was a 10% chance of this deal going through because it was over priced and we should walk away. I’m annoyed we didn’t walk away then and there and saved face.

We acted like ***** with Chelsea because after they “gazumped us” to Mudryk, (who we had been tapping up for 6mths and STILL didn’t understand what would get Shakhtar to sell - again, they kept saying 100m we should have walked away ages ago), we actually paid them to take a player with 6mths left on his contract. No shade on the deal itself, and certainly not the player, but it left a sour taste in the mouth. As many of us said at the time, if the club in question was Liverpool or anyone else we wouldn’t have had the same feeling.

It’s worth pointing out that neither you nor @farzad4daarse are from London so you may not have the same depth of emotion around Chelsea that us Londoners do.

Zaza

Raul was "fired" because of his business dealings.

Clearly the board didn't think they should pay with add-ons that are so achievable, for a very inexperienced player from Ukrainian league.

Raul would not have done it either because the board isn't going with Pepe kind of deals anymore. This would have been even more expensive with that kind of add-ons for a less experienced player.
The market is market. It's ****ed but it is what it is and people need to get used to it. The so called "inexperienced player from the Ukrainian league" also happens to have UCL experience. I don't know why you guys are surprised by that seeing the rate the likes of Antony went for.
We had the money. Simple as that. With better add-ons we get Mudryk. That is an example of poor negotiation skills by Edu.

Farzad Stoned

The market is market. It's ****ed but it is what it is and people need to get used to it. The so called "inexperienced player from the Ukrainian league" also happens to have UCL experience. I don't know why you guys are surprised by that seeing the rate the likes of Antony went for.
We had the money. Simple as that. With better add-ons we get Mudryk. That is an example of poor negotiation skills by Edu.
Now you are holding United and the Anthony deal as an example of what we should do? Lol. No one with half an understanding of how transfers work would pay that for Anthony. Please, i would stop following Arsenal if we became United or Chelsea lite. I don’t and never will back stupid emotional buying which is what you seem to call for

drippin

We acted like ***** with Chelsea because after they “gazumped us” to Mudryk, (who we had been tapping up for 6mths and STILL didn’t understand what would get Shakhtar to sell - again, they kept saying 100m we should have walked away ages ago), we actually paid them to take a player with 6mths left on his contract. No shade on the deal itself, and certainly not the player, but it left a sour taste in the mouth. As many of us said at the time, if the club in question was Liverpool or anyone else we wouldn’t have had the same feeling.

It’s worth pointing out that neither you nor @farzad4daarse are from London so you may not have the same depth of emotion around Chelsea that us Londoners do.
Shakhtar would have likely sold to us for the money Edu tried to, unless Chelsea just happened to get two long-term injuries to their better wingers, and then hijacked the deal because of it, in a panic mode.

I hate Chelsea more than United or Tottenham. In fact I hate them the most in EPL. They are an "oil" club. I'm not from London so I don't hate Tottenham as much as Londoners.

Personally I'm very happy that we got Jorginho from Chelsea even though I hate his face. I would not have thought they help Arsenal in their title race, but Edu paid enough to get reinforcement from them who is an experienced winner, with a short contract, who has played a lot for them this season.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Haaland is a bit disingenuous though, he had a release clause way below his market value.
How so? The fact he was so cheap meant that literally everyone could afford him, and everyone wanted him too. Pretty much a great (and extreme) example of the types of situations we might end up in. Even City fans were saying that was a signing that put them on the world map, their strategy up until then had been to avoid bidding wars and transfer sagas.

Nobody wants Edu to just overpay for targets, sometimes it's more nuanced than that, it's just as much about personal relationships and other intangibles as it is about how much money you're willing to part with.

Apparently a big part of Haaland choosing City was Pep promising to manage his fitness as he had been pretty injury prone up until then. Shaktar came out and said that a big part of Chelsea landing Mudryk was that they prioritised meeting face to face. Chelsea apparently told Mudryk that Martinelli would be harder to displace whereas at Chelsea the LW spot was ready for him. These are the kind of intangibles and little details I'm talking about.

Edu is going to have to master it this summer unless we can somehow find someone unknown that's good enough to improve a team currently playing the best football in Europe.

Ignoring the intangibles and focusing on common business sense:
Why didn't we wrap up Mudryk early in the window if personal terms had been agreed since like October? Why didn't we use our 'good relationship' with Brighton to understand that Caicedo truly wasn't for sale and they weren't just posturing? These are just some basic questions that I don't think I should be asking of my DoF.

Farzad Stoned

Read the posts. I’m not gonna rehash however many pages of discussion for your benefit.

If you can’t be bothered to read them that’s fine. But at least then have the self awareness to not come here and throw insults around.
I read your posts and they bothered me. We can all read. If we missed it tell us what we are missing. To me it seems like you guys are backtracking from twerking for Boehly all window.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I read your posts and they bothered me. We can all read. If we missed it tell us what we are missing. To me it seems like you guys are backtracking from twerking for Boehly all window.

You are entitled to think whatever you want mate. Just don’t be surprised if no one cares…

Farzad Stoned

You are entitled to think whatever you want mate. Just don’t be surprised if no one cares…
Bro your commentary was most inexcusable if you ask me because you are numbers guy. Without looking at the deal or where the money is coming from you go off and call our club or say we are acting like CFC and Boehly’s *****. You know you did it. You can deny it. But you were twerking hard for deals you didn’t even bother to look at. Emotional posting from those without your knowledge is easier to take. But when you go off half cocked and slander our club without looking at the money. Soft mate, you know it, i know it.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Bro your commentary was most inexcusable if you ask me because you are numbers guy. Without looking at the deal or where the money is coming from you go off and call our club or say we are acting like CFC and Boehly’s *****. You know you did it. You can deny it. But you were twerking hard for deals you didn’t even bother to look at. Emotional posting from those without your knowledge is easier to take. But when you go off half cocked and slander our club without looking at the money. Soft mate, you know it, i know it.

L.O.L.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom