• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you sign for 2nd and winning the EL?

Would you sign for finishing 2nd and winning the EL?

• Yes

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 61.0%

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This thread isn't because I think the leagues gone. We still have a shot. But would fans sign for finishing 2nd in the league and winning the Europa League?

Personally I would because I feel the league will be tough to win and I'd love to see us win a European Trophy.

I also think it's clear and obvious progression with an actual cup to show for it. Gives the players winning experience too.

It will also mean having to have beaten at least one or two biggish teams in the semi final and final which can only benefit the team.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I don't really care about the Europa League, for me it will always be a second tier competition and winning it wouldn't do anything for me. I'd rather challenge for the league until the end.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Hell no. EL is basically just a means into the Champions League for a club of our size.
A club the size of ours? That hasn't won the league in 19 years? That hasn't won a CL. That hasn't won the EL?

We might be one of the most successful teams in England. But we haven't laid a glove on European football.

I can understand you saying no as the league would eclipse the EL by some way. However I don't think we, as a club, are in any position to turn are noses up at the Europa League and think we are above it.

Real Madrid yes. United yes. Liverpool yes. But us? No.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Europa glory? Nobody cares EL... Nobody thinks Sevilla is great for winning so many times the EL... Indeed nobody gives a shiiiit about them in the world and nobody will about us for winning it so nothing to celebrate about that trophy.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Europa glory? Nobody cares EL... Nobody thinks Sevilla is great for winning so many times the EL... Indeed nobody gives a shiiiit about them in the world and nobody will about us for winning it so nothing to celebrate about that trophy.
So based on that you would say then the FA Cup has no value as people in Spain, Italy, France etc don't care about it either?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
So based on that you would say then the FA Cup has no value as people in Spain, Italy, France etc don't care about it either?
I don't give a shiiiit about FA cup. There are only two trophies that counts in football world, your league and UCL. Those are the ones that make a team great. We live in modern days from the invencibles and only because nobody else has achieved it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't give a shiiiit about FA cup. There are only two trophies that counts in football world, your league and UCL. Those are the ones that make a team great. We live in modern days from the invencibles and only because nobody else has achieved it.
While I agree those 2 major trophies are what matter most I still think winning other cups still are something to be proud of especially given that we aren't one of the major teams in world football. We are closer to the likes of Atletico Madrid than Real Madrid.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Our European record is pretty dismal for a club of our stature.

100% will take the Europa if there’s a chance we can win it

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We definitely need to push for the Europa League. Not only is it a European trophy, a trophy, but it also puts us into pot 1 in the Champions League and gives us a chance to win the Super Cup.

These boys deserve real recognition for the work that they have put in over the last 2 years. And this is Arsenal, a true football giant.

So to answer the question of this thread, yes I'd take 2nd and the EL.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We definitely need to push for the Europa League. Not only is it a European trophy, a trophy, but it also puts us into pot 1 in the Champions League and gives us a chance to win the Super Cup.

These boys deserve real recognition for the work that they have put in over the last 2 years. And this is Arsenal, a true football giant.

So to answer the question of this thread, yes I'd take 2nd and the EL.
Good point about the Super Cup. Hadn't given that much thought but imagine what a tie against say a Real/Bayern to actually win something would do for these players and in general the view of the club being in these kind of matches.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Can’t believe fans of a big club but is known for having zero European silverware would turn their noses up at the chance to win the Europa league. I remember the pain of losing the final in 2000 against Galatasaray.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
No. Anyone here twerking for winning a 2nd tier competition is gross. Think logically for a second, every year that Arsenal has been in the Europa League has meant that the prior season was an abject failure. Why then would we celebrate winning the tournament that symbolizes our failure to be where we should be? Makes zero sense. The club basically threw away a decade with the financial constraints of building the Emirates with the idea that it would help us compete at the top level in European competition. To celebrate winning a 2nd tier European competition is Spursy. Eww.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd like to win the Europa, but this idea that we should forget about the league now is something I'm not going to get behind. Until City are comfortably ahead having played the same number of games we should keep fighting with all our might for this.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I'd like to win the Europa but we're level on points with first place with a game in hand in the league. Like **** am I going to give up on the league in that position in favour of winning the Europa. Bollocks to that.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom