• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal 1 (3) v 1 (5) Sporting CP (2) | Thursday, March 16 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

31160018025_4434182e88_b.jpg

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We should be aiming to win both competitions. If we got through today it’s only 2 more ties and a final. And believe me, Utd fans have bragged a lot about that Europa league. When teams are announced in European draws their European achievements get used, both Champions league and Europa league.. We have none.
Don't know what Utd fans you speak to, because none of the Utd fans I know give a toss

Xln

I rAtE aNgE !
He's really not that inconsistent. Its more that his errors tend to be VERY noticeable.

Tonight isn't on him - the execution on that goal was extraordinary. To hit a backspinning shot that goes in an inch under the bar from 45 yards out, at match speed and without taking a look is incredibly hard. Sadly the only one i've seen better was Nayim.
He has a blunder and a top save every single week... can't get a better definition of goalkeeper consistency

As I said above I'm not talking about today only but in general. His blunders aren't always translated to goals that's why the criticism is soft.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Spot on!!!

It's alright for half the fans on here who support teams that win the NBA or Super Bowl or the San Maguire or cheer on their countrymen/women in the Crossfit games or whatever. However some of us only have Arsenal. I certainly would love to be able to sit with a pint on the 31st of May and watch the final.
So would we all. But if we win the same or 1 less of our remaining league games compared to Man City, no one on here will give a toss.

SteveEvets

So that means it's OK to lose to an inferior side?

Chelsea, United, Atletico Madrid have all won it in recent years.

And as for Jose winning it and no one mentioning it. You are mentioning it.....
Chelsea and Atletico won it with established squads regularly competing for the league and at the business end of the CL over multiple seasons. They just had off seasons and found themselves in the Europa League and won it.

We're a young squad trying to re-establish ourselves as a top club, making a leap up from regular 5th-8th place finishes to fighting for the league title in the toughest league. It's not the same thing. We're still at the start of a process, not the finished article.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I’m in Geneva atm for a conference and had a good dinner tonight, seen zero of the game. Can’t say I missed attending this game much and much as I want to see us win a long overdue european trophy, cant say I give much of a **** about this. I’ll be back at the carpet in Sunday, let’s fcuk **** up.

Are you at “ Committee on Enforced Disappearances” or “Global Forum for Road Traffic Safety” ?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We have the squad to win Europa but not playing like that The players today our in both legs showed little to me to go to final at least. You don't go far play like this too many mistakes and faliure to dominate teams.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Need ESR fit and firing. He’s someone who’s proved he’s a capable deputy. Still question marks over one or two in the squad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We only start dominate sporting when Partey and ode came on that's why i kinda hoped both came on much earlier that where Arteta approach fail in europe he wait too long

lomekian

Essays are my thing
He has a blunder and a top save every single week... can't get a better definition of goalkeeper consistency

As I said above I'm not talking about today only but in general. His blunders aren't always translated to goals that's why the criticism is soft.
That's your selective memory playing tricks on you.

Yes he can be lax with the ball at his feet, particularly in games we are cruising, but its really not that often. He's the best keeper we;ve had since Lehmann in 03/04 (and 05/06), and he's still young for a keeper, and wins us a lot more points than he's cost us. He looks jittery at times, but makes big saves in big moments, and given his risk/reward style, he's always going to be exposed at times. Apart from Allison, who else in the EPL has been better this year? (perhaps De Gea or Pope saves wise, but both treat the ball at his feet like a hand grenade)

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
What did Sevilla FC get out of winning this shyte tournament 5 times ? They are currently 3 points away from relegation.
Liverpool had that "win it all mentality" ,and ended up winning FA and Carabao Cup but losing the CL final and losing the league by 1 point to City in the same season. What do you think Liverpool fans remember most ? I bet that they remember that season for losing the CL final and missing the Premier League by 1 point.

What do you get out of winning any trophy? Trophies are the measure of success and history.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can’t blame too much on Ramsdale’s conceding. That was a very well taken long hoofing shot. I just wish that Ødegaard should have been brought in to replace Vieira much ealier.

Europa is done and dusted for the team now. Hopefully the players can stay focused on the next league game and give positive response/results. Always.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
We only start dominate sporting when Partey and ode came on that's why i kinda hoped both came on much earlier that where Arteta approach fail in europe he wait too long
Tbh Jorginho had a decent game. He was let down by Vieira not being able to trap a simple 5 yard pass and hold possession.

If we had Ødegaard playing instead of Vieira we would have won that game in normal time.

Also felt the players couldn’t be assed with this competition any longer and didn’t want to waste too much energy / pick up injuries

Melquiades

You think it was arrogance that cost us? Maybe starting strong team and making subs would be better

I get starting a weaker team and trying to win with them.

But all of Partey/Ødegaard/Saka should have been coming on either at half time or after the Sporting goal.

Viera was a disaster and I have no idea why they waited so long to bring Ødegaard on for him.

Ødegaard is just so good and so important - this team hasn't looked good in any game this season when he wasn't on the pitch.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Didn’t they fire Jose like a year later? The board didn’t give a toss either
This is what doesn't make sense. Apparently the youngest team in the PL is supposed to just go from 5th place and going out of the cups early to winning the league and the Europa league double with a thin squad just one year later because they're thirsty for 2nd rate European silverware to banter with their mates who know nothing about football. It's not actually about Arsenal at all. It's about them. :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I fell asleep, good stuff we’re out. Any more injuries? Anything about Saliba and Tomi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Mikayil Faye ‘has in his mind’ to leave Barcelona this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan & Bayern Munich are all showing a lot of interest in the player, however, Arsenal have ‘burst strongly’ onto the case in recent hours [Mundo Deportivo]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom