• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss UEL R16 2nd Leg: Arsenal 1 (3) v 1 (5) Sporting CP (2) | Thursday, March 16 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

31160018025_4434182e88_b.jpg

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I get starting a weaker team and trying to win with them.

But all of Partey/Ødegaard/Saka should have been coming on either at half time or after the Sporting goal.

Viera was a disaster and I have no idea why they waited so long to bring Ødegaard on for him.

Ødegaard is just so good and so important - this team hasn't looked good in any game this season when he wasn't on the pitch.
Think you already have the answer there. Three of our best players and Arteta didn't want to use them until he absolutely had to. League is still top priority even to the manager

Acurve

Tbh Jorginho had a decent game. He was let down by Vieira not being able to trap a simple 5 yard pass and hold possession.

If we had Ødegaard playing instead of Vieira we would have won that game in normal time.

Also felt the players couldn’t be assed with this competition any longer and didn’t want to waste too much energy / pick up injuries
Jorginho had anything but a decent game. Lets be real man. Sporting had the time of their lives against our midfield

We need two midfielders in the summer if we wanna be serious about UCL. Joringho and El Neny can not be blocking squad places. Our midfield lacks serious serious athleticism.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Friday game vs Southampton would have been moved forward to Sunday had we made the quarter finals. That's the game before going to the Etihad. Instead of playing City with 72 hours rest we'll get an extra 2 days compared to them. They have a tough away game at Brighton that same Sunday before facing us 72 hours later. I'm completely content with losing this game if we end up getting a result at City.

United might also put a lot more emphasis on the Europa league if the Casemeiro suspension leads to Newcastle/pool/Sp**s to close that gap. I feel like the teams who need the Europa League the most tend to go further. Union Berlin are challenging for the Bundesliga but just got knocked out by the third best team in Belgium! I'd gladly take getting knocked out now than to give Utd fans an excuse to spin the narrative.

Axel9090

It sucks but Im not as gutted as some. Tomi injured and Saliba could have been worse... its not worth it, THIS SEASON.

We're in a position we weren't expecting to be in. It wasnt just about quality but we'll strengthen our squad in the future to help us win these games.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Accepting defeat is a loser’s mentality. We have to have a win at all costs mentality, in every competition. The Europa league is a huge competition, especially for us as we have no European pedigree. Even our invincibles were bottlers in Europe. I was very young but I remember watching the Copenhagen penalty shootout of the UEFA cup in 2000 and crying.
Oh shut up. We can win the title. Don’t need anymore games to injure our players. Would like to hear you raise your little voice if we injure Partey and Saka days before City away playing in the Farmers Champions League

Tom Mix

Poor game in planning and execution. Players started who shouldn't have (Jesus and Ramsdale), others who should have played didn't get a minute (Tierney and Smith Rowe).

We've lost our second choice right back for the season which, having sold Cedric in January, means White - who looked tired and ineffectual tonight - may have to play every minute of the remaining 11 games.

The shape was wrong, Vieira was woeful and they were second best in most 50/50s and losing second balls. Their goal came from a sustained period of pressing where the slowness of our tempo led to uncharacteristic hoofs where we kept giving them the ball back.

The Europa League campaign has been ill-conceived. We've tired key players, not given enough chances to players who needed them and the denouement is an unwanted extra time and penalties defeat on a Thursday night with two injuries to boot, three days before a crucial league game.

If we can, as we should, beat Palace then we can lick our wounds over the international break and have only 10 games to try and get over the line.

This tournament has cost us. I care nothing for we are a big team la la. This was/is a unique chance to win the PL for all sorts of reasons and whilst we may still not win the league I can categorically assure you that if we'd carried on in this we definitely wouldn't win the PL.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What did Sevilla FC get out of winning this shyte tournament 5 times ? They are currently 3 points away from relegation.
Liverpool had that "win it all mentality" ,and ended up winning FA and Carabao Cup but losing the CL final and losing the league by 1 point to City in the same season. What do you think Liverpool fans remember most ? I bet that they remember that season for losing the CL final and missing the Premier League by 1 point.
Do you actually support Arsenal?

Tell me this. What do you remember more. The FA Cup final win over Hull? Or finishing in the top 4?

What do you remember most? Beating Chelsea numerous times in the FA Cup final but finishing 3rd or 4th? Those Aubameyang goals? Holding dominating Costa? Or just sealing top 4?

The thing with winning trophies, esepcially cups, is you get to celebrate the event. You get to go to a final. If you aren't fortunate enough, you get to go with friends and likeminded fans to a bar or someones house. You iron your favourite top. You buy your favourite beer. You stick a tenner on your favourite player to score first.

There is nothing that replaces Cup finals and winning trophies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Tomi arsenal career should be over, i love him but he is our krilin, keeps dying whenever it gets tough
It was unlucky one he should be made center back from next season if things keep going downhill then it'll be time to replace

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Poor game in planning and execution. Platers started who shouldn't have (Jesus and Ramsdale), others who should have played didn't get a minute (Tierney and Smith Rowe).

We've lost our second choice right back for the season which, having sold Cedric in January, means White - who looked tired and ineffectual tonight - may have to play every minute of the remaining 11 games.

The shape was wrong, Vieira was woeful and they were second best in most 50/50s and losing second balls. Their goal came from a sustained period of pressing where the slowness of our tempo led to uncharacteristic hoofs where we kept giving them the ball back.

The Europa League campaign has been ill-conceived. We've tired key players, not given enough chances to players who needed them and the denouement is an unwanted extra time and penalties defeat on a Thursday night with two injuries to boot, three days before a crucial league game.

If we can, as we should, beat Palace then we can lock our wounds over the international break and have only 10 games to try and get over the line.

This tournament has cost us. I care nothing for we are a big team la la. This was/is a unique chance to win the PL for all sorts of reasons and whilst we may still not win the league I can categorically assure you that if we'd carried on in this we definitely wouldn't win the PL.
Jesus started cause he needs to build fitness. Agree with the rest

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Are you at “ Committee on Enforced Disappearances” or “Global Forum for Road Traffic Safety” ?
Can’t believe you looked that up… :lol:

Nothing as exciting as the latter.

The former sounds like the first item on the agenda for the next Sp**s board meeting...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Worst defeat under Don Arteta for me.

2020 defeat in the Europa was bad, but he had only been a manager a few months (and we bounced back for a superb FA cup win) so you let him off.

2021 defeat in the Europa was gut wrenching to a former coach, but at least that former coach had a pedigree and went on to win it (don't know much about the Sporting coach except seen a few people call him the New Mourinho, considering how I feel about the OG Mourinho that enrages me!)

2022 defeat to Newcastle was awful, but at least we used that to fuel us to Top 4 this season.

Thought this was gonna be our year to end the Euro drought, only way to make up for this to to win the league this season.

In tears here.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Nobody is gonna remember this, if we win the league, so the team know whats required now.
Just because you know what is required, doesn't mean you can or will execute it.

I know what's required to go out and have 6 pints and go home. Problem is on the 6th my ability to execute my plan goes out the window.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

We should be aiming to win both competitions. If we got through today it’s only 2 more ties and a final. And believe me, Utd fans have bragged a lot about that Europa league. When teams are announced in European draws their European achievements get used, both Champions league and Europa league.. We have none.
Tomi is on Crutches. We lost Partey because of the FA cup. If let's say Saka got injured today we'd all be regretting going for the EL. Yes,it's disappointing to go out but we need to get over it and think worse things have happened. We don't have the squad depth and it's a blessing in disguise that we're out, although it doesn't feel like it tonight.

My Citeh-supporting friend said the other week "Thursday night football with that small squad? LOL" 😡

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Should have played the first team and her the game out the way quickly. I know this competition is not a priority but Sporting are still a good team. Anyway, we move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom