• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft CL Draft Sign-up Thread and Discussion

The picks

Now onto the admin side.

• The idea is to pick a team of 11 players from the Champions League era
  • You will be looking to pick the best players you possibly can for your team for all areas: goalkeeper, defenders, midfielders and attackers
  • The player is picked based upon their performances at their time for the season you chose him for (i.e. if you pick Andriy Shevchenko for AC Milan, his form at Kiev and Chelsea does NOT come into the equation during the competition).
  • You need to select at least one player from the top 5 league in Europe: Premier League (England), La Liga (Spain), Seria A (Italy), Bundesliga (Germany) and Ligue 1 (France).
  • For the season that the player is picked, he must have reached at least the quarter final stage of the competition
  • Each player, must have played in at least one Champions League final.
  • Number 1 gets first pick, Number 2 gets second pick, Number 3 gets third pick and so on....
  • When offline, each member will get 2 hours to make their pick, if you miss the window then your pick will be chosen by the Rexdomizer ™.
  • If the next picker is online and active in discussion he has only 20 minutes to make his pick
  • The game will be frozen each night at 9pm GMT and resume at 9am GMT the following morning. You are still free to make your pick in this period if you want to but are under no obligation to do so.
  • The draft order will be drawn at random and will follow the 3rd round reverse snake format. So the same as last time where we flip the order after the second round. This should stop anyone building up an unfair advantage by going first.
  • The season of your player must have reached one of the below stages depending on when that season falls...
Prior to 1994-95: Quarter finals
1994-95 to 1998-99: Semi finals
1999-2000 to 2002-03: 2nd group stage
2003-04 to present day: Quarter finals

• AGAIN, You need to draft a starting XI and five outfield substitutes. The 17th round will consist of backup goalkeepers. You have to draft one Goalkeeper in the first 11 rounds.

That’s it for now. The game will hopefully start at 12 noon GMT on Thursday. That should give everyone enough time to figure out the rules and make plans. We may start earlier depending on sign up.

As I’ve said above there will be a definitive result this time! I’ve set up a custom league ready to be simulated, I just have to add your players once selected and fingers crossed we’ll have the results and champion before the Leeds match 🙏

Thanks everyone and enjoy the game!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
1680009056284-png.13973

Fully honest there's not a single weakness here I'm seeing. Front three absolutely terrifying any backline, Ribery with the flair tearing defences apart by himself, Salah with the absurd goal threat and pace and Benzema not only a monster in the air but the best 9.5 in our lifetimes word to @2Smokeyy. Creativity on fleek work rate through the roof and goals galore.

Then that midfield, Iniesta the biggest big game player of the modern game, Zidane wakes up and wishes he had his talent and hairline. Yaya basically a man among children on any pitch he takes to, Essien before the injuries a never before seen specimen agility and strength off the charts. If this were 38 game season expect a combined 45 goals from midfield alone

Then that backline. Literally the greatest defender ever partnered by a literal doctor in defending, ****housing and history (graduated magna cum laude on his dissertation De History of De Sh*t). Half man half freight train Maicon literally destroying the pitch on the right hand side providing goals and broken legs in defence, and then Patrice "Dickhead" Evra the man so sick salmonella catches him (graphic video footage). Marshalling all this Keylor "Thank You My Friend, Bye Bye" Navas, man's so massive he literally carries the CONCACAF continents on his back.

Because all this not enough yet we've got dat dere extreme FIFA FUT chemistry by fielding the first All Muslim halallstars team, a proper miracle all of them did their shahada on Ramadan on the day this draft started mashallah. Not to take away from the simulation that follows but it's LONG for the opposition, our attackers go for every ball like it's the last date at sundown and our defenders don't even need to tackle they just faint any winger with their bad breath.

Excited for the results but let's be real for everyone else it's not looking good brevs.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
1680009056284-png.13973

Fully honest there's not a single weakness here I'm seeing. Front three absolutely terrifying any backline, Ribery with the flair tearing defences apart by himself, Salah with the absurd goal threat and pace and Benzema not only a monster in the air but the best 9.5 in our lifetimes word to @2Smokeyy. Creativity on fleek work rate through the roof and goals galore.

Then that midfield, Iniesta the biggest big game player of the modern game, Zidane wakes up and wishes he had his talent and hairline. Yaya basically a man among children on any pitch he takes to, Essien before the injuries a never before seen specimen agility and strength off the charts. If this were 38 game season expect a combined 45 goals from midfield alone

Then that backline. Literally the greatest defender ever partnered by a literal doctor in defending, ****housing and history (graduated magna cum laude on his dissertation De History of De Sh*t). Half man half freight train Maicon literally destroying the pitch on the right hand side providing goals and broken legs in defence, and then Patrice "Dickhead" Evra the man so sick salmonella catches him (graphic video footage). Marshalling all this Keylor "Thank You My Friend, Bye Bye" Navas, man's so massive he literally carries the CONCACAF continents on his back.

Because all this not enough yet we've got dat dere extreme FIFA FUT chemistry by fielding the first All Muslim halallstars team, a proper miracle all of them did their shahada on Ramadan on the day this draft started mashallah. Not to take away from the simulation that follows but it's LONG for the opposition, our attackers go for every ball like it's the last date at sundown and our defenders don't even need to tackle they just faint any winger with their bad breath.

Excited for the results but let's be real for everyone else it's not looking good brevs.

Of course the guy making up imaginary Arabic players and refusing to eat and drink to the detriment of his health to make his SkyDaddy happy is living in Fantasyland.

Farzad Stoned

Stand corrected mate i have to smoke this tosser millennial vape pen for my THC instead of fresh green flower from a glass bong since i am back in California and staying with my mom, i get great food but smoking a weed pen like a tw.tish millennial is making me blurt out dumb sh.t

Farzad Stoned

Why would you play Ballack further forward though? He'd be a double pivot in that setup behind Del Piero as #10.

Maybe just the formatting but looks like Neymar LWB and Ballack ahead of him in your picture.
It is how website set up an attacking 5 man midfield doesnt let you adjust. Are you telling me a young Ballack can’t do what 30 year Xhaka does? No way i am playing double pivot with Nesta at the back. This isn’t the Arabic plumbers Union team you assembled

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

View attachment 13975

Adebedi Pele looks like a @Sapient Hawk pick that snuck into my squad

Once I send you the ratings I think you’ll be starting Abedi and Sammer lad 🤯

Didn’t know Abedi was a baller like that. Guy tore up Ligue 1 and the CL back in the day though apparently :lol:

Then went on to father the Ayew brothers. Legend.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It is how website set up an attacking 5 man midfield doesnt let you adjust. Are you telling me a young Ballack can’t do what 30 year Xhaka does? No way i am playing double pivot with Nesta at the back. This isn’t the Arabic plumbers Union team you assembled

Mohammed Salah running at dodgy knees Nesta from AC Milan :bullseye:

And then on the other side, Benzema and Ribery turning John Terry inside out like we all know, remember how Ljungberg had Terry drop on his butt trying to prevent the screamer in FA Cup final, then you had RvP nutmegging Terry as he falls down backwards to steer clear in a 1on1 and then let's not forget dodgy knees Terry and his slip in Final on 2008 :lol:

You're in for a tough ride against King Karim, Prince Mohammed and Feisty Franck.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Bro's smoking Cali meth visualising Kaka as a winger and Neymar LWB calling others plumbers

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
One thing I will say... a lot of potential dream teams have been killed by just picking the wrong year for these guys. All will be revealed but a lot of points getting left on the table so far...
What database/sim are you using?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What database/sim are you using?

Mostly FIFA with some FM where applicable but on a 3rd party Sim. Surprising amount of ratings out there for our guys if you know how to look. Get a better picture from year on year which is why I stressed at the start getting the right season was important.

Your team got it pretty much spot on but take Marcelo from another team for example.

His season is 2013/14 which he wasn't even first choice in the Champions League for, Fabio Coentrao was. Marcelo didn't play in the quarter finals or semi finals and was a substitute for the final. If he'd have been picked from like 2016/17 or 2017/18 his rating would've skyrocketed.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Why would you play Ballack further forward though? He'd be a double pivot in that setup behind Del Piero as #10.

Maybe just the formatting but looks like Neymar LWB and Ballack ahead of him in your picture.
I’m sorry to say but Pep Farzadiola has been overthinking this. Could’ve had a nice team with a simple 4-2-3-1.

Farzad Stoned

Mohammed Salah running at dodgy knees Nesta from AC Milan :bullseye:

And then on the other side, Benzema and Ribery turning John Terry inside out like we all know, remember how Ljungberg had Terry drop on his butt trying to prevent the screamer in FA Cup final, then you had RvP nutmegging Terry as he falls down backwards to steer clear in a 1on1 and then let's not forget dodgy knees Terry and his slip in Final on 2008 :lol:

You're in for a tough ride against King Karim, Prince Mohammed and Feisty Franck.

Terry was young and bagged 4 CL goals that year. Yes if you take the old versions which I didn’t take maybe. The average age of my team if you take by year i selected is probably in the mid 20s

Farzad Stoned

Bro's smoking Cali meth visualising Kaka as a winger and Neymar LWB calling others plumbers
Yes please tell us how a guy who got 9 goal/ assists and voted Uefa midfielder of the year that year should play as a water carrier. @jones when is the lease on that space in your dome i got over i might want to extend? I know it’s Ramadan so i will just chalk up to dehydration and low blood sugar, otherwise you sound like you been chasing the black dragon mate. Ps Islam not big on alcohol but fairly liberal on opium so you should be on judgement day

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
but take Marcelo for example.

His season is 2013/14 which he wasn't even first choice in the Champions League for, Fabio Coentrao was. Marcelo didn't play in the quarter finals or semi finals and was a substitute for the final. If he'd have been picked from like 2016/17 or 2017/18 his rating would've skyrocketed.
That's @Uncle Good-Advice and @SA Gunner player

Do Benzema for 2021/22 🙏

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom