• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draft CL Draft Sign-up Thread and Discussion

The picks

Now onto the admin side.

• The idea is to pick a team of 11 players from the Champions League era
  • You will be looking to pick the best players you possibly can for your team for all areas: goalkeeper, defenders, midfielders and attackers
  • The player is picked based upon their performances at their time for the season you chose him for (i.e. if you pick Andriy Shevchenko for AC Milan, his form at Kiev and Chelsea does NOT come into the equation during the competition).
  • You need to select at least one player from the top 5 league in Europe: Premier League (England), La Liga (Spain), Seria A (Italy), Bundesliga (Germany) and Ligue 1 (France).
  • For the season that the player is picked, he must have reached at least the quarter final stage of the competition
  • Each player, must have played in at least one Champions League final.
  • Number 1 gets first pick, Number 2 gets second pick, Number 3 gets third pick and so on....
  • When offline, each member will get 2 hours to make their pick, if you miss the window then your pick will be chosen by the Rexdomizer ™.
  • If the next picker is online and active in discussion he has only 20 minutes to make his pick
  • The game will be frozen each night at 9pm GMT and resume at 9am GMT the following morning. You are still free to make your pick in this period if you want to but are under no obligation to do so.
  • The draft order will be drawn at random and will follow the 3rd round reverse snake format. So the same as last time where we flip the order after the second round. This should stop anyone building up an unfair advantage by going first.
  • The season of your player must have reached one of the below stages depending on when that season falls...
Prior to 1994-95: Quarter finals
1994-95 to 1998-99: Semi finals
1999-2000 to 2002-03: 2nd group stage
2003-04 to present day: Quarter finals

• AGAIN, You need to draft a starting XI and five outfield substitutes. The 17th round will consist of backup goalkeepers. You have to draft one Goalkeeper in the first 11 rounds.

That’s it for now. The game will hopefully start at 12 noon GMT on Thursday. That should give everyone enough time to figure out the rules and make plans. We may start earlier depending on sign up.

As I’ve said above there will be a definitive result this time! I’ve set up a custom league ready to be simulated, I just have to add your players once selected and fingers crossed we’ll have the results and champion before the Leeds match 🙏

Thanks everyone and enjoy the game!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Mostly FIFA with some FM where applicable but on a 3rd party Sim. Surprising amount of ratings out there for our guys if you know how to look. Get a better picture from year on year which is why I stressed at the start getting the right season was important.

Your team got it pretty much spot on but take Marcelo from another team for example.

His season is 2013/14 which he wasn't even first choice in the Champions League for, Fabio Coentrao was. Marcelo didn't play in the quarter finals or semi finals and was a substitute for the final. If he'd have been picked from like 2016/17 or 2017/18 his rating would've skyrocketed.
Actually there's a flaw. Most of the ratings for the particular year was done by people at the start of the year while we are selecting players mostly based on the end result of the year, e.g. going to QFs, or starring in a final.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Actually there's a flaw. Most of the ratings for the particular year was done by people at the start of the year while we are selecting players mostly based on the end result of the year, e.g. going to QFs, or starring in a final.

Yeah aware of that and accounted for it already. Progressive ratings through the season on FM and FIFA weren't a consistent tool before like 2016 so have to work around it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Lol
Neymar in his mid twenties was slow, muller in his mid 20s was slow? Lewandowski in his mid twenties was slow? Del Piero in mid 20 swas slow? Says guy who only watched these guys as old men or ever. Muller was a speedy burner in his youth. Even Ballack was athletic in year i picked him. Peep the year kid
Neymar the only one with any real pace.

Del Piero idk tbh. Lewan and Muller have never been quick bro, never.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Man’s got Pires bombing down the wing like a French Adama Traore.

Will have no choice but to cut inside onto his weaker left where he’ll be battling with hero ball Stevie G oh and also Kaka.

Meanwhile none of them will actually get to do anything while prime CR7 is taking 1537 shots a game.

Anyway none of this matters because Puyol, Schmeichel and Makelele will all fall apart trying to play out from the back against a moderate wind let alone a high press.

Horrible.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Yeah I bet BiG VirGiL is licking his lips at them forwards. Wagwarn for fielding that battyman anyway, without PL refs his only move is to keep backing out the way until he's brucking it for the mandem in the stands the fruity dickhead.

Rest of your team looks great on paper until you realise you're fielding 10 man because Ronaldinho got arrested at the airport.
Post your ducking team right now.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

1680009056284-png.13973

Fully honest there's not a single weakness here I'm seeing. Front three absolutely terrifying any backline, Ribery with the flair tearing defences apart by himself, Salah with the absurd goal threat and pace and Benzema not only a monster in the air but the best 9.5 in our lifetimes word to @2Smokeyy. Creativity on fleek work rate through the roof and goals galore.

Then that midfield, Iniesta the biggest big game player of the modern game, Zidane wakes up and wishes he had his talent and hairline. Yaya basically a man among children on any pitch he takes to, Essien before the injuries a never before seen specimen agility and strength off the charts. If this were 38 game season expect a combined 45 goals from midfield alone

Then that backline. Literally the greatest defender ever partnered by a literal doctor in defending, ****housing and history (graduated magna cum laude on his dissertation De History of De Sh*t). Half man half freight train Maicon literally destroying the pitch on the right hand side providing goals and broken legs in defence, and then Patrice "Dickhead" Evra the man so sick salmonella catches him (graphic video footage). Marshalling all this Keylor "Thank You My Friend, Bye Bye" Navas, man's so massive he literally carries the CONCACAF continents on his back.

Because all this not enough yet we've got dat dere extreme FIFA FUT chemistry by fielding the first All Muslim halallstars team, a proper miracle all of them did their shahada on Ramadan on the day this draft started mashallah. Not to take away from the simulation that follows but it's LONG for the opposition, our attackers go for every ball like it's the last date at sundown and our defenders don't even need to tackle they just faint any winger with their bad breath.

Excited for the results but let's be real for everyone else it's not looking good brevs.
Your picture hasn’t loaded

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Ok sorry bro, but you quoted @jones about Marcelo which is not our player 🤷🏻‍♂️
Why he didn’t have enough hours of plumbing to qualify for your Arabic plumbers Union team
Neymar the only one with any real pace.

Del Piero idk tbh. Lewan and Muller have never been quick bro, never.
Muller was a speed burner in his youth. Your post focuses on criticizing the mid 30s version of the players i picked in their mid 20s. Go watch Muller in the 8-1 thrashing of Brazil tell me he is slow. Lewandowski absolutely was a pacey striker at Dortmund

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Ah that is a good team tbf. Not better than ours @Rex Bezos but still pretty good.
How is his team going to perform when they can’t eat food or water all day and have to break training for prayers. Generally, fasting not great for the performance of world class athletes. Another reason Iran’s teams are always crap. They can’t drink water or they will literally be flogged, and spend more time listening to a stinky priest mumble in Arabic they don’t understand than train.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

No one's breaking training for prayers you're pulling stuff out your ass as usual.

There are boxers who became world champions while fasting. Perfectly possible to perform at top level while fasting you'd know if you weren't living it up like some hedonist crackhead getting high and gorging trash food all day.
Apparently some can perform fasted while others simply can’t.

Let’s assume that’s a 50/50 split because it suits my agenda, looks like half your team are gonna be playing like sh*t.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom