• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Farzad

Stormy's Lifetime Fan and Subscriber #1 🫶🏽

Player:Havertz
“Pro Arsenal” leanings lmao I think I’ve heard it all on here now. He’s an Arsenal fan on an Arsenal forum ffs 😂
Again you miss the point if an Arteta backer which i am not says he bottled it end of year, the whole football world including potential transfers feels the same or worse. He tarnished his and the club’s reputation in wider football world

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So going by the reports I’ve seen the last week or so, it sounds like KSE are going to back this guy again, another £200-300m spend and he surely has to go if we don’t win the league, no?

Arsenal are no different to these other oil clubs now. All future success is from owner investment.

Sad stuff.

Farzad

So going by the reports I’ve seen the last week or so, it sounds like KSE are going to back this guy again, another £200-300m spend and he surely has to go if we don’t win the league, no?

Arsenal are no different to these other oil clubs now. All future success is from owner investment.

Sad stuff.

But Arsenal are a poor little club and Stan is strapped for cash supposedly which is why we have no business beating City or we are told that by his backers

Haphazard

The dark stain of having a proven bottler as manager is already having it’s insidious effect
Oh no not Gift Orban who plays for the mighty Gent, whatever are we gonna do.

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.

Sad stuff.

Its never as simple as that. People like to say 'Arteta has spent 400m in 4 years and hasnt won the league', even though Man City have spent more than 400m over 4 years and were much stronger from the point Arteta took charge. Man United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea all spent hundreds of millions, its 2023, premier league clubs spending hundreds of millions is a new norm.

There is a solid case to be made no manager can beat out Pep's Man City over 38 games, especially so long as KDB is still quality. Its such a high bar to climb and one of the reason the Arteta haters refrain from naming a replacement, is they dont have a ****ing clue who to replace him with.

No serious person thinks parting with Arteta is beneficial to Arsenal. Most of the Arteta out people are like Lee Gunner who says things like 'sack them all', which if literally acted upon would mean terminating players contracts that are worth hundreds of millions of pounds.

Farzad

Its never as simple as that. People like to say 'Arteta has spent 400m in 4 years and hasnt won the league', even though Man City have spent more than 400m over 4 years and were much stronger from the point Arteta took charge. Man United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea all spent hundreds of millions, its 2023, premier league clubs spending hundreds of millions is a new norm.

There is a solid case to be made no manager can beat out Pep's Man City over 38 games, especially so long as KDB is still quality. Its such a high bar to climb and one of the reason the Arteta haters refrain from naming a replacement, is they dont have a ****ing clue who to replace him with.

No serious person thinks parting with Arteta is beneficial to Arsenal. Most of the Arteta out people are like Lee Gunner who says things like 'sack them all', which if literally acted upon would mean terminating players contracts that are worth hundreds of millions of pounds.
No manager except klopp and a number of managers in CL up till this season who all managed to best unbeatable City. If Arteta doesn’t win a League or CL soon he should be out. Next year no more money or young manager bs excuses will fly. They shouldn’t fly now either

Sad stuff.

Another 200-300m?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Booo hooo how can Mik compete on a shoestring budget? Waaaa, waaaaa, not fair to judge the bottler because Stan is not a trillionaire yet
mikel-arteta-nodding.gif

say yes

forum master baiter

Yep. It’s just trolling at this point. We’ve got a great manager, and he will be here for the foreseeable.

Understand that arguing about the manager is all that some people want to do, but there are so many more interesting things to discuss about this club.

Farzad

Waaaaa, waaaa, Stan is only worth 15 billion how can he afford a defender better than Holding? Until Stan is as rich as Abu Dhabi Arteta can’t be responsible or expected to win league.

Pop Tart

Established Member
The players have been mollycoddled by him. Saying he loves them after dropping points.

Probably gave them a gold star after yesterday's performance.

They will not learn from the mistakes at all . Unless he toughens them up.

Farzad

The players have been mollycoddled by him. Saying he loves them after dropping points.

Probably gave them a gold star after yesterday's performance.

They will not learn from the mistakes at all . Unless he toughens them up.

He needs a therapist. Hell i need a therapist. But he is a bottler and control freak. He self destructed and is solely responsible for our demise it has nothing to do with players. He lost his sh.t under fire; he needs to accept that and work on himself

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I get people saying now is the time to experiment with formations or personel, I don't disagree.

But when your changes and tweaks haven't worked, you have to go back to tried and tested methods. There was a game to win. Watching Partey at RWB for 90 minutes was a joke tbh and why Arteta didn't alter our formation I'll never know. He didn't look comfortable there from minute one.

The players need to look at themselves a bit too. We barely won a 50/50 all evening, poor managerial tactics don't account for that. Barring a few of the World Cup lot they shouldn't be that tired at this stage of the season. It's not like we've gone really deep in any cup competition. A few too many with heads focused on their holidays I feel.

That was a game for Martinelli, he'd have thrived on that sort of atmosphere and would have been like a dog with bone in terms of workrate and trying to force things to happen. We missed him.

To me the last few games have shown the difference between a good top 4 team and a side like Man City. Standards need to be higher across the board if we're going to beat them next season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I get people saying now is the time to experiment with formations or personel, I don't disagree.

But when your changes and tweaks haven't worked, you have to go back to tried and tested methods. There was a game to win. Watching Partey at RWB for 90 minutes was a joke tbh and why Arteta didn't alter our formation I'll never know. He didn't look comfortable there from minute one.

The players need to look at themselves a bit too. We barely won a 50/50 all evening, poor managerial tactics don't account for that. Barring a few of the World Cup lot they shouldn't be that tired at this stage of the season. It's not like we've gone really deep in any cup competition. A few too many with heads focused on their holidays I feel.

That was a game for Martinelli, he'd have thrived on that sort of atmosphere and would have been like a dog with bone in terms of workrate and trying to force things to happen. We missed him.

To me the last few games have shown the difference between a good top 4 team and a side like Man City. Standards need to be higher across the board if we're going to beat them next season.
This 100%. The last 2 weeks have been a disgrace from an effort standpoint. Arteta should have changed back to the normal formation at half time for sure but those players gave disgusting accounts of themselves 2 weeks consecutively when there was still a league to compete for however slim the chances of winning. You can win a league with less talent, you can't with less heart. If those City players had been 4 points behind us with 3 matches, they'd have fought for 270 minutes or until we mathematically took the title. I'm more concerned frankly about the gap in mentality than the gap in depth or quality because that is the toughest one to overcome.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

The question is about the depth of squad? If Arteta has all players he wants, so he will make many changes like Pep ?
I don't think so because the one place we've had depth during this putrid run of games has been in the wide positions and he's let Saka be an actual detriment to the team for 2 months instead of playing Trossard or Nelson there despite both being in great form and deserving to play on merit. Pep will sit anyone down if their form dips enough to impact results but Areta will never do that with his favorites and that leads me to believe that even with City level depth, we would still see some of these same problems arise.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Wenger was a great manager, but top 4 without winning the league became such a big yawn that people were spitting all over their blogging cams and keyboards to abuse him.

Now that fans have had a taste of being a top 8 club for a few years they’re not quite so entitled, so if Arteta continues as a top 4 manager without winning the title he will still be here for the foreseeable future. Things will only turn nasty if he reverts to being a top 8 manager again.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom