• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

TheDrunkenMaster

Anyone else think we will keep him? I can't see Stan and co sanctioning the sale of America's number 1 striker - especially with a WC in America on the horizon - without him getting a proper crack of the whip.
We are three years away from the next World Cup and who knows if he will even be in the squad by then

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We are three years away from the next World Cup and who knows if he will even be in the squad by then
First American player to score 20 goals in a top 5 league. He keeps anywhere near that form up he will be leading them to the world cup. Stan - who has had us sign random Americans - I don't believe will let someone like that go very easily. Not saying he will tell Mikel he has to pick him but he simply may not sanction the sale of him or the purchase of another striker.

I could easily be wrong but I just can't see our American owners who've desperately tried to lumber us with American projects turns down the opportunity being afforded to them if Balogun is a success. Marketing potential it's massive.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If they get good money for Pulisic I’ll be fuming.

The guy’s constantly injured and is an absolute fanny. Why these clubs keep bending over to help the Chavs I’ll never know.
The way the yanks act when he’s not playing makes me laugh. Would piss me off if we had them here though, probably a good thing we’re selling their new number 9.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
As long as he has the use of his two legs and can breathe without assistance, he will be starting. :lol: I'm not sure if he would take off for England if he wasn't a guaranteed starter.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's absolutely pure conjecture on my part. But I think there may be a commercial consideration in keeping a player who is young, has bags of potential, is one of our own, scored 20 goals in the French league and has the potential of being a soccer superstar in the world's largest market.

If someone hasnt thought about it they aren't doing their jobs properly.

pettr

It's absolutely pure conjecture on my part. But I think there may be a commercial consideration in keeping a player who is young, has bags of potential, is one of our own, scored 20 goals in the French league and has the potential of being a soccer superstar in the world's largest market.

Balogun wants to be playing regularly as first choice striker. He said that another loan is not an option. So we have not much choice, best decision is to sell him with some buy back clause and percentage of another sale.

scytheavatar

Established Member
First American player to score 20 goals in a top 5 league. He keeps anywhere near that form up he will be leading them to the world cup. Stan - who has had us sign random Americans - I don't believe will let someone like that go very easily. Not saying he will tell Mikel he has to pick him but he simply may not sanction the sale of him or the purchase of another striker.

I could easily be wrong but I just can't see our American owners who've desperately tried to lumber us with American projects turns down the opportunity being afforded to them if Balogun is a success. Marketing potential it's massive.

Ornstein made it clear it doesn't seem like we are buying a new striker.............. I also don't recall Stan "lumber us with American projects". Cause the Turner we signed ended up being a decent signing. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Ornstein made it clear it doesn't seem like we are buying a new striker.............. I also don't recall Stan "lumber us with American projects". Cause the Turner we signed ended up being a decent signing. So I have no idea what you are talking about.
Auston Trusty and Matt Turner

scytheavatar

Established Member
Trusty played 48 for Birmingham and was voted their Player of the Season. No idea if he's going to be PL level but he's only 24 and doing well in the Championship on loan so you wouldn't rule him out yet.

My understanding is that we paid less than 2M to sign him, if we sell him this summer it is unlikely we will not make a profit. So I am not sure how he is a burden.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

American Flag GIF by NRSC

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

In theory this is a good idea but if he's not getting picked or not performing, then does the loss in transfer value outweigh the gain in US commercial interest?

I could see Stan and Josh insisting we keep him for the friendly against Barcelona in LA this July but after that, I'm not sure.

Bucephalus

I'm genuinely torn on Balogun. The talent is there, but does he fit the system, and is he good enough? Safest option is to stick with Jesus/Eddie. A like-for-like switch (we'll all agree to disagree how much of a step down Jesus to Eddie is, but it is like-for-like, and nothing else needs to change). An alternate switch is alluring too. But do we want, or need, a fast counter-attacking alternative to Jesus (that would be Balogun). Or a big physical alternative to Jesus?

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom