• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Rattata

Imagine Balogun wants to stay and Arteta told him he wants him to stay yet the only thing he reads on social media are "Arsenal fans" hating on him. Well done you idiots.

DuBB

Stinker in front of goal 😭

He was pretty decent otherwise.

To be fair, to those of us who watched full Reims matches on BT Sports, the chances he missed today are exactly the kinds of chances he missed for Reims.

People have this perception that he scored 20+ goals so he must be lethal, but that chance he got from the Lewis-Skelly through ball is a perfect encapsulation of Balogun...

He can get 4 of those identical chances across 4 games. He'll score 2 of them and look like a cold blooded killer. And he'll miss 2 of them exactly like he did today and look like a 21-year old still finding his feet.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
To be fair, to those of us who watched full Reims matches on BT Sports, the chances he missed today are exactly the kinds of chances he missed for Reims.

People have this perception that he scored 20+ goals so he must be lethal, but that chance he got from the Lewis-Skelly through ball is a perfect encapsulation of Balogun...

He can get 4 of those identical chances across 4 games. He'll score 2 of them and look like a cold blooded killer. And he'll miss 2 of them exactly like he did today and look like a 21-year old still finding his feet.
All the best strikers miss. Aguero used to miss a lot too but the best strikers always keep going. Would rather have a striker like that than one who can't fashion any chances for themselves.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Yeah. He finished well under his xG last season. It's a bit of a surprise for me as Balogun has always been ice cold in front of goal but I expect his finishing to even out. His movement today was fantastic.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Thought he was good tonight, very self-effacing game but made the others look better. Next step is to bring the shots back.

Buhry

Established Member

I hope he gets more gametime vs United. We need to give him a proper test run vs a more competent opponent. He is an interesting player.

Badger_Revenge

I think we may be in for a real comp between Nketiah and Balogun this summer. Balogun has a lot of ground to make up, but he looked really good tonight against MLS. Solid holding the ball up, taking positions, making runs and interchanging. I'm really not sure what to expect.

Song Billong

Balogun has more potential than Eddie IMO, but he's also a much more sellable asset.

At the end of the day I don't see anyone taking Eddie, who has scored a max of 5 goals in the league once, with his 100k wages.

At least with Balogun a team would be able to negotiate a better contract.

Mudi

Balogun has more potential than Eddie IMO, but he's also a much more sellable asset.

At the end of the day I don't see anyone taking Eddie, who has scored a max of 5 goals in the league once, with his 100k wages.

At least with Balogun a team would be able to negotiate a better contract.

If Balogun is improving our team significantly, you just keep him even if he is able to bring more money.

But the problem is that Balogun does not want to sit on the bench. He believes that if he plays as the main striker, he could be a profilic first choice striker for a CL playing team. So the question is, could we have him upfront instead of Jesus and Arteta doesn't think so and therefore we are letting him go.

ThePortugueseGunner

I think that it would make a lot of sense to have Balogun in next season's squad. He had a great season playing in Ligue 1 and he would be a nice option to add some depth to the squad. He could play in the cups and have some minutes in the Premier League once in a while.

Jesus will always be first option, and then we have some alternatives that are not exactly pure strikers (Havertz, Trossard). Balogun wouldn't have the pressure and we could benefit from having him continue his development in the club.

Tnegs

Saying he looks better than Eddie isn’t exactly saying much. Difference is Balogun wants to start while Eddie is happy to be a sub. If he stays he will expect to play regularly so it’s not about whether he would start ahead of Eddie which is an easy yes it’s about whether he starts ahead of Jesus or has a good chance of eventually taking his place as a starter.

Song Billong

I think that it would make a lot of sense to have Balogun in next season's squad. He had a great season playing in Ligue 1 and he would be a nice option to add some depth to the squad. He could play in the cups and have some minutes in the Premier League once in a while.

Jesus will always be first option, and then we have some alternatives that are not exactly pure strikers (Havertz, Trossard). Balogun wouldn't have the pressure and we could benefit from having him continue his development in the club.

If we don't bring in a backup RW then we may be able to use Jesus there whilst playing Balogun up top. Maybe not ideal as Jesus won't really get a rest unless he's out of the XI, but if Arteta is going to rotate then it's at least an option.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Guy looks different gravy to our other strikers. I didn’t realise what a powerful runner he is too

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Based off v little but he looks better than Eddie imo.

I can see why the club would prefer to loan him because I’d be looking to swap them this time next year.

I would just offer him more money and hope he takes it. Eddie's been sniffed by other clubs and I think he wouldn't fight a move to somewhere else if the opportunity presented itself.

Hope he's not immune to Arteta's charm, ngl.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom