• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ivan Fresneda

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No one heard of him and we signed him without anyone wanting him. There is just too many red flags
Thats a stupid argument. You could say that with 1000s of PL players who turned out to be brilliant.

Some of our invincibles and best players were "unknown" before they came.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He isn't getting bench by Holding if he was never in the first team. Give the lad a chance.
Stop it. You one of those who believe Arteta would play a lesser player because he is right/left footed? We got dominated by city who plays with two right footers and even a right footed cb as left back. Stop this nonsense. If Arteta believed he is better than holding he would play

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Stop it. You one of those who believe Arteta would play a lesser player because he is right/left footed? We got dominated by city who plays with two right footers and even a right footed cb as left back. Stop this nonsense. If Arteta believed he is better than holding he would play
No it could be other reasons. Like the player adapting to the pace of the league. The tactics Arteta wants to employ. The culture. There's a million different variables other than right foot or left foot.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Smells of Viera. Kid with 30 or so senior appearances. AM and Arsenal fans will get excited and call him the new Cafu who is ready to perform pretty quickly etc, I will say he needs 3 years to develop and people will laugh, mock and call me negative.

He’ll come to Arsenal and look like exactly what he is - a very raw kid needing a lot of development, AM will get frustrated and abuse him, calls to sell him, like with Viera. I’ll argue for a loan etc.

Rinse, repeat, as they say.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Smells of Viera. Kid with 30 or so senior appearances. AM and Arsenal fans will get excited and call him the new Cafu who is ready to perform pretty quickly etc, I will say he needs 3 years to develop and people will laugh, mock and call me negative.

He’ll come to Arsenal and look like exactly what he is - a very raw kid needing a lot of development, AM will get frustrated and abuse him, calls to sell him, like with Viera. I’ll argue for a loan etc.

Yeah to be honest I'd rather not sign development projects. There should be enough in our academy.

Time to target established players ready to make an impact from the off.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So even pep use and mix his CBs, but his student follow religiously a lcb has to be left footed. What happens if Gabriel and kiwior get injured same time? Ask games to be postponed or do what he did earlier in his Arsenal career and play two players who are right footed. I don’t care what his agent says. No manager has ever had this philosophy and followed it religiously. We got so many players wrong, why people are refusing this is just anothe lokonga or vieira is beyond me

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
So even pep use and mix his CBs, but his student follow religiously a lcb has to be left footed. What happens if Gabriel and kiwior get injured same time? Ask games to be postponed or do what he did earlier in his Arsenal career and play two players who are right footed. I don’t care what his agent says. No manager has ever had this philosophy and followed it religiously. We got so many players wrong, why people are refusing this is just anothe lokonga or vieira is beyond me
Arteta does. You can’t say he’s inflexible then claim this.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah I'm starting to get worried about these types of signings.

Lokonga, Tavares, Vieira, all punts on guys of a similar age. Even Marquinhos. Kiwior is another but he's not really played so we still have to see how he'll develop.

These types of a signings need to be given time to make mistakes and adapt but for where we are now and what we want to be you wonder if we've got the luxury of giving them the time they needed. We've seen how quickly fans have got on Vieira even quicker than Lokonga who they mostly held out hope for. A signing like this is simply never gonna hit the ground running.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lokonga, Tavares, Vieira, all punts on guys of a similar age. Even Marquinhos. Kiwior is another but he's not really played so we still have to see how he'll develop.

These types of a signings need to be given time to make mistakes and adapt but for where we are now and what we want to be you wonder if we've got the luxury of giving them the time they needed. We've seen how quickly fans have got on Vieira even quicker than Lokonga who they mostly held out hope for. A signing like this is simply never gonna hit the ground running.
It’s also not good for their careers. I get the money and chance of making it is too big to turn down. But we seen too many young players move too early and it effects their development. These big clubs don’t care and will just move them on

Tom349

The next stage of signings will be either for guaranteed difference makers like Rice/Caicedo or elite young talents that every club in the world is after.

I think we will still take the odd punt on the likes of Marquinhos and Tavares as they can likely be turned into a profit but the signings that cost between 20-40m for players in the that 21-24 year old age will be a thing of the past.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Sell Tomiyasu, get a new back-up in behind White who was one of the league's best RB's and not good enough at CB is smart business. Also one for the future. I don't know him well, but his profile looks good and exciting. A player I do know well is Geertruida who would fit the role well and could cover RCB.

Wonder what Fresneda will cost, Geertruida is probably available for €20mln

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom