• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Dude won more possession than any other defender in the PL, he is physically a beast, lightening quick and has successful passes into the final third that rank alongside some of the best midfielders.

The difference between 120k pw and 280k pw over a 4 year deal is about 30m.

The cost of replacing a player of Saliba's level and paying them is several times more than that. Edu please don't **** this up.

I will say this it isn’t just the difference in wages as employer you can’t give one guy way higher to a comparable talent for long without creating dissension. It isn’t just the difference in Saliba’s wages other agents will use his wages to get bigger contracts to. That being said pay the man 280k a week if it takes that. I said this before the wage bill was going to blow up with the young talent we had to resign regardless. But a certain manager’s fans said we should give him credit for a distorted snap shot in time.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Why do people keep mentioning his back? Is it that big of an issue? It’s just one injury.
Arteta ruined him a disc injury in your 20s it usually never goes away completely. He will be missing games for years to come because of that idiot refusing to properly rotating for a nothing competition

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If say he had 2-3 years on a deal how much would you have to pay to buy him? At least 70m, possibly up to 100m. That’s a marquee signing. So you gotta give him a marquee signing salary.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Seems like this is all run of the mill negotiations and leaks to the media.

It's not my money so I don't really care but I'd think he should be nearer to Martinelli than Saka wage wise. Saka has proven himself way more.

3/4's of a good first season and high potential, around £200k seems fair. Can always look at it again in 2 years if he keeps progressing.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If say he had 2-3 years on a deal how much would you have to pay to buy him? At least 70m, possibly up to 100m. That’s a marquee signing. So you gotta give him a marquee signing salary.
Yeah but once you start doing that it's a domino effect. When Ødegaard goes to discuss his contract instead of it being 2 years added onto his current contract and an extra 30-40k a week it becomes 250k. Then White renews and he wants, while not the same as the others, a minimum of 150k.

Rice comes in on 250k as a marquee signing. Caicedo who is bought for almost the same as Rice wants 200k.

We need to be careful because we may have the big CL money this year but there's no guarantees.

We need to extend but do so in a controlled manner with basic rates being more modest with incentives boosting in by another 20-30%.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but once you start doing that it's a domino effect. When Ødegaard goes to discuss his contract instead of it being 2 years added onto his current contract and an extra 30-40k a week it becomes 250k. Then White renews and he wants, while not the same as the others, a minimum of 150k.

Rice comes in on 250k as a marquee signing. Caicedo who is bought for almost the same as Rice wants 200k.

We need to be careful because we may have the big CL money this year but there's no guarantees.

We need to extend but do so in a controlled manner with basic rates being more modest with incentives boosting in by another 20-30%.

Yeah precisely I said this a while ago, there were some stats about how we’d a low wage bill and I made the point that we had a low wage bill cos we’d adjusted to being a EL club, if we wanna readjust to being a CL club you have to massively up the wage bill.

If we wanna balk at high wage demands and take the high road that’s fine but you’re never gonna finish top 4 regularly like that. Spuds have only clung into CL these past few years cos of Kane and Son (who they underpay), otherwise they’re a EL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom