• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

William Saliba (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta would never publicly admit to it as it would make him look weak, but I wouldn't be surprised if privately him and Saliba have talked about the handling of him in the 2020/2021 season being a mistake.

Mikel does seem like quite a good man manager (when he likes you as a player at least!) and especially when you watch all the **** he did in All or Nothing...think he does have a good understanding of how to deal with players as people in certain situations.

And even if William does "hate" Arteta for that season (which I don't think he does) he seems like a very smart guy and will know staying here for another few years will benefit his career/development massively.

Think Arteta has gotten us to a point again like Wenger had us in the late 2000s/early 2010s, where younger players feel we are arguably the best club in the world to make them top players...Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli and of course Saliba are mainstays in the team, other high potential youngsters will see that and want to be apart of it too.

Hopefully with the stronger financial security we have now and the club united behind the scenes (things we haven't really had since we left Highbury in 2006) we can make the right moves to keep our best players past 25...using what Liverpool have done recently as a broad example, but doing it in our own way.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Looks like barring Xhaka and the pervert all the starting eleven from this season are getting new deals, also Zinchenko and Jesus obviously who are already on fresh contracts.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Arteta would never publicly admit to it as it would make him look weak, but I wouldn't be surprised if privately him and Saliba have talked about the handling of him in the 2020/2021 season being a mistake.

Mikel does seem like quite a good man manager (when he likes you as a player at least!) and especially when you watch all the **** he did in All or Nothing...think he does have a good understanding of how to deal with players as people in certain situations.

And even if William does "hate" Arteta for that season (which I don't think he does) he seems like a very smart guy and will know staying here for another few years will benefit his career/development massively.

Think Arteta has gotten us to a point again like Wenger had us in the late 2000s/early 2010s, where younger players feel we are arguably the best club in the world to make them top players...Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli and of course Saliba are mainstays in the team, other high potential youngsters will see that and want to be apart of it too.

Hopefully with the stronger financial security we have now and the club united behind the scenes (things we haven't really had since we left Highbury in 2006) we can make the right moves to keep our best players past 25...using what Liverpool have done recently as a broad example, but doing it in our own way.
Agree with this. Saliba still has time to move to a club like Madrid later in his career if he wants to do that. For now his development with us will benefit both parties.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure where this he hate Arteta come from in fact he should be thankful our club didn't throw him into 2020 squad he'll hate everything about the club. The club done great send him on loan he still 21 years old and not even finished his development yet.

Get him into long contract until 2027 is huge for us going forward him and Gabriel building elite partnership already

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Not sure where this he hate Arteta come from in fact he should be thankful our club didn't throw him into 2020 squad he'll hate everything about the club. The club done great send him on loan he still 21 years old and not even finished his development yet.

Get him into long contract until 2027 is huge for us going forward him and Gabriel building elite partnership already

This touches on OnlyOne's theory..... wow, first I have seen.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Big Willy as he gets up from signing his new contract, according to AM.

View attachment 15696
Haven't seen anyone say things like that, but it's a known fact people here can't understand what they read.

Personally I said that the club knows much more about the injury than us fans, and should take it into account in the base wage.

And that it fits both parties to see how the injury develops as there is still time until the pre-season starts. So there is nothing to panic about for a while.

And years ago I said there's nothing to panic about Saka or Saliba extensions as they are both wise young lads who will likely extend at least once, as it's good for their careers at this point. Which seems to happen.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Thank God Church GIF by Pose FX

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I wanted us to get Saka Saliba and Martinelli all tied until 2028 at least this summer the club done the job perfectly the low wages they earned definitely helped to not complicat now we cant be worried about this until 2026.

Now up to them to continue thier amazing development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom