• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He’s still a talented player. i think Arteta bringing Willian in to play in his position, early on in his managership upset Pepe’s confidence.

Watched the Crouch documentary on Amazon and he was playing badly until he got a manager who believed in him. Then he couldn’t stop scoring. Some players just need that belief to shine. Pepe is one such.

He needs a new club.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He’s still a talented player. i think Arteta bringing Willian in to play in his position, early on in his managership upset Pepe’s confidence.

Watched the Crouch documentary on Amazon and he was playing badly until he got a manager who believed in him. Then he couldn’t stop scoring. Some players just need that belief to shine. Pepe is one such.

He needs a new club.

Peter Crouch got a documentary?

Just handing those out to everyone these days, I guess.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

He needs a new club.
In his last season here was putting in Özil levels of effort off the ball and looked completely disheartened and disinterested. His most certainly not a starter in this team, so struggling to see what is going to change about the off-the-ball aspects of his game unless he has had a monumental shift in attitude. If he doesn't work off the ball the boss will immediately banish him to the Phantom Zone alongside General Zod, who is still there from the days of Superman II

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Unless we’re getting an offer from KSA he’ll be back on loan until his contract expires.

Think the club would rather the squad space at this point.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

In his last season here was putting in Özil levels of effort off the ball and looked completely disheartened and disinterested.
If anything, it was surprising that it took long for him to give up. He was trying up until the point it dawned on him Mikel didn't rate. Whatever you say of Pepe, being disinterested shouldn't be one of the things you use to describe him. I remember the only game he came in and didn't give a **** was the Newcastle away game two years ago towards the end of the season when we were getting battered and Mikel brought him unto the pitch in desperation.

I was quite happy he half-assed it in that game tbh. Cos if he'd somehow dragged us back into it a la the wolves game, it would have been the same result. He would still have sat his arse on the bench the following game anyways.

The biggest crime he committed was not being signed by Mikel, bring from Hale End or costing significantly less that 72m.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The biggest crime he committed was not being signed by Mikel, bring from Hale End or costing significantly less that 72m.

Bingo. I think had it been Arteta who asked for the funds it took to sign him he’d have stayed on the left, or threw in some lay ups like he did with Willian bringing him on when we were comfortably up by a couple goals.

We saw with White how you will still be put somewhere if Arteta rates you enough.

I was a bit annoyed Pepe tried for as long as he did, the writing was on the wall after he rescued that Villa game.

Sparrahork

He does seem ideal for Saudi, hopefully he has an appetite to go and we don't stand in his way by demanding a fee of note (same for Cedric now timber coming in).

I rate the guy but we should not loan him out at a loss if can be avoided. Not when a new market has emerged for someone of his profile. I wouldn't mind keeping him as rw cover but too late for a xhaka-esque redemption story and we should rely on Jesus , Nelson, or acd to play there if Saka is out.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If anything, it was surprising that it took long for him to give up. He was trying up until the point it dawned on him Mikel didn't rate. Whatever you say of Pepe, being disinterested shouldn't be one of the things you use to describe him. I remember the only game he came in and didn't give a **** was the Newcastle away game two years ago towards the end of the season when we were getting battered and Mikel brought him unto the pitch in desperation.

I was quite happy he half-assed it in that game tbh. Cos if he'd somehow dragged us back into it a la the wolves game, it would have been the same result. He would still have sat his arse on the bench the following game anyways.

His biggest crime was being crap and a flop of a transfer. I'll never understand the subsection of fans who treat him like some wounded puppy, transfers fail all the time it's nothing new.

We only signed him because Raul was doing a friend a favour.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

His biggest crime was being crap and a flop of a transfer. I'll never understand the subsection of fans who treat him like some wounded puppy, transfers fail all the time it's nothing new.

That’s harsh. The end of the season 2019 he had a blinder in few games, particularly the FA Cup final. That cup win kept Arteta in a job when he was mid table Joe.

Bucephalus

He might be kinda a flop in hindsight. We'd never have spent 72 million on him if we knew how good Saka was going to be. He'd never have come here if he knew how good Saka was going to be. We'd never have left Highbury and built Emirates if we knew that TV revenues would mean that we didn't need to go to war with Old Trafford for maximizing bums in seats.

It was a sensible transaction with the knowledge at the time. Never blame the club (or the player) for decisions that were sensible when made.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

He wasn't crap though. When you compare him to flops like 100m Nunez, 80m Harvetz and other guys who he was better than or even on the same level as who were bought for big moneys but even till the last moment, their clubs were still trying to make it work.

It was not a quality problem. The coach clearly didn't rate him. Like @Macho alluded to above, if Mikel likes you he'll give you a long rope. White struggled when he came in, but Mikel persisted with him even though a 21 year old kid came and took his place, Mikel found a place on the team for him (White).

If he was a Mikel signing, he'd probably have played him as a striker or something, anywhere at all to get the best out of him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He might be kinda a flop in hindsight. We'd never have spent 72 million on him if we knew how good Saka was going to be. He'd never have come here if he knew how good Saka was going to be. We'd never have left Highbury and built Emirates if we knew that TV revenues would mean that we didn't need to go to war with Old Trafford for maximizing bums in seats.

It was a sensible transaction with the knowledge at the time. Never blame the club (or the player) for decisions that were sensible when made.
It wasn’t a sensible transaction at all it’s why Raul got sacked.

Jason Jace

He's just not good enough. Decent player but belongs to the streets(ligue 1)
Yeah, I really do like him, he's cold, call it aura or whatever, I liked that about him, but it just seems like he has given up on football..

It's better for everyone If we can find a permanent exit for him and forgot it ever happened.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom