• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Your team wins it's first Champions League match since the 2016/2017 season playing excellent football, and you start talking about how Runarsson was rejected by the club.

Yeah, definitely no hidden agenda there šŸ¤£

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted šŸ”»

So we not allowed to discuss what it took to get to the pinnacle of football, facing former Europa co-inhabitants PSV?

Arteta spent a f*ck ton of money and it took a while to figure it out.

Thatā€™s not an agenda thatā€™s just plain facts ladies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The transfer business is a lottery
Hasn't been a lottery for Arteta & Edu though. Lottery has a quite small possibility to win, and they have got most of their transfers right, especially the bigger the money spent on a player.

It's a lottery for Ten Hairs for example, as most of his buys go wrong. Or maybe like for Chelsea.

Weird isn't it? Money alone isn't enough for success.

drippin

The only annoyance I see was in some of you when Trax reminded everybody Artetaā€™s goalkeeper churn :lol:
There's no problem in reminding about it. It has gone very well!

And I have explained it before, but there isn't actually that much money lost in upgrading that department compared to other top clubs, if you look at the ages, level and HG status of the current keepers.

And if Ramsdale is sold for a nice profit, while buying another good level ball-playing keeper for cheaper, it's actually top top business at that point.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

And or the club is sending a lot of money on good players.
We all agree it is bit of both. But even you have to agree that the fact that the board is willing to spend on the squad is, at least partly, to Arteta and Edu's credit. You might not give Arteta as much credit as I do for example, but think we at least somewhat agree here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He got his subs spot on last night, first time ever I think.

Needs to give Kiwior more minutes at LB though, we all know Zinchenko is getting injured shortly.

Think being that far ahead performance and scoring wise made it easier, but it was refreshing to see.

Hopefully it teaches the team to put opponents to the sword, the whole being a goal up and subbing Ƙdegaard to try and hold a lead is not the best strategy.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone šŸ“²
Arteta is most certainly a cheque book manager, heā€™s getting through players like Boris Johnson gets through women. But itā€™s the way to success my friend. The transfer business is a lottery and if you can swap out unsuccessful ones fairly quickly itā€™s a lot easier than spending years trying to mould them to your way of playing.
But that's exactly the thing, by moulding players you won't win feck all so why are you even bringing all of this up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ā­

Think being that far ahead performance and scoring wise made it easier, but it was refreshing to see.

Hopefully it teaches the team to put opponents to the sword, the whole being a goal up and subbing Ƙdegaard to try and hold a lead is not the best strategy.
Heā€™ll have to rotate the defence a lot. Needs to pick and choose when Tomiyasu and Kiwior start games. Cedric will probably have to start the Brentford game.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ā­

Player:Martinelli
Watching Ƙdegaard last night, he really is a gem of a buy. But sadly, many football buys donā€™t work out, so the way to success is to keep rejecting and buying until the squad is exactly what you need. Just look at GK position:
Martinez, rejected
Leno, rejected
Runarsson, rejected
Ramsdale, rejected
Raya
This is the sort of turnover you need to get a team competing at the very top. And itā€™s similar in other positions since the 4 years Artetaā€™s been here. 3 or 4 changes in many positions. Keep, sell, sell, methodolgy. Itā€™s so much easier than having to work with players to try and get them to do what you want, like most managers have to.
the-office-steve-carell.gif

So we not allowed to discuss what it took to get to the pinnacle of football, facing former Europa co-inhabitants PSV?

Arteta spent a f*ck ton of money and it took a while to figure it out.

Thatā€™s not an agenda thatā€™s just plain facts ladies.

We should talk more about this tbh. Specially with all the hate Arteta gets.

Lack of investment in squad quality, positionally and tactically had been obvious for decade and we had fall very far behind other teams.

Credit to Arteta to at least getting us back into the picture as a relevant team with the job he has done as manager.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted šŸ”»

Investment in squad quality, positionally and tactically had been obvious for decade and we had fall very far behind other teams.

Watching Ƙdegaard last night, he really is a gem of a buy. But sadly, many football buys donā€™t work out, so the way to success is to keep rejecting and buying until the squad is exactly what you need.
This is the sort of turnover you need to get a team competing at the very top.

So you all basically agree and just didnā€™t like the messenger then?

drippin

So you all basically agree but just didnā€™t like the messenger then?
Umm, that's the first time Hydro replied here after Makingtrax comment?

He didn't disagree with his post earlier?

My points are pretty clear in respect to what Makingtrax has said.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I donā€™t get people who have an issue with player turnover, if theyā€™re not good enough then they should be dropped and replaced.

Not sure why youā€™d want to go back to the days of sticking with players that are obviously not good enough for too long.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom