• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Race for the Title

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Least I can say I got to watch us win it last...

article-2144684-07B0BE9B000005DC-528_1024x615_large.jpg

... because it's never happening againšŸ„²

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Not quick enough to remain apace with Pool & City & that's all that matters.

We will bro.

City lost 3 games in a row, Liverpool drew back to back games at home.

The PL is unforgiving, you are the best today, and you are literally nobody tomorrow.

There is enough quality in this Arsenal team to bounce back, you'll see.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ā­

How did we go from top of the table to fighting for top four in just two games?

Did something happen to this team and its quality, which convinces you that losses will continue?
I think youā€™re equating top 4 race to saying we arenā€™t a good side. But itā€™s really not (well not in my case) itā€™s just the reality of being up against those 2. From here, we not only have to start winning again, which i know we will, but also canā€™t really afford to have another little run like this. I personally donā€™t think we have enough goals to not have another dip in form somewhere down the line.
We wonā€™t be in a top 4 ā€œraceā€ though, weā€™ll finish there comfortably!

Rattata

How did we go from top of the table to fighting for top four in just two games?

Did something happen to this team and its quality, which convinces you that losses will continue?
It's the way our players react to when things don't go their way in a game. To many players lose their head and take to many touches, poor rushed passes/shots and nervous defending all around.

The lack of clinical goalscorers was already a worry I had before but it kinda worked out so far because someone managed to score in the end. Obviously as we could see now it's not consistent.

Rattata

We will bro.

City lost 3 games in a row, Liverpool drew back to back games at home.

The PL is unforgiving, you are the best today, and you are literally nobody tomorrow.

There is enough quality in this Arsenal team to bounce back, you'll see.
City never lost 3 in a row in the league.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
The long overdue implosion has been overdue for an long time. Coneboy had bought time by buying out the contracts of the players he dont like. But with Rice and Gabriel openly bickering on the pitch before conceding a goal, hes slowing losing the dressing room.
We would be lucky to finish 5th at this rate. We are not immune from this club being a sinking ship again, chelsea and manure are sinking atm and without a change of management we will go the same way.

SA Gunner

I think youā€™re equating top 4 race to saying we arenā€™t a good side. But itā€™s really not (well not in my case) itā€™s just the reality of being up against those 2. From here, we not only have to start winning again, which i know we will, but also canā€™t really afford to have another little run like this. I personally donā€™t think we have enough goals to not have another dip in form somewhere down the line.
We wonā€™t be in a top 4 ā€œraceā€ though, weā€™ll finish there comfortably!

Sure, I hear what you're saying and see why you say that.

I believe slightly differently. I still believe we are better than Liverpool, and I believe it will show by the end of the season.

I say so because structurally we are a better team than Liverpool and closer to City, and our problems are not because we dont have the players to execute, but rather the team follows instructions from Arteta that arent good enough and need to be changed/adapted.

The games at home vs PSV, City and Brighton, away to Liverpool and even Newcastle, show the level of quality we have in attacking and defensive situations. Arteta's challenge is to get those performances more consistently and possible in a single performance.

Anyway, lemme leave you here... enjoy your New Years :)

SA Gunner

City never lost 3 in a row in the league.

It doesnt matter my guy.

They lost 3 games, that's momentum lost no matter what competition. To pick up from those situations is possible, but it also highlights the difficulty of top level competition today.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
We spent a lot of money this summer on players who aren't major improvements in Raya and Havertz.

Our team is also permeated with flawed starters who aren't premier league winning quality but are also fan favourites, in White, Jesus and Zinchenko.

This honestly reminds me of latter day Wenger when fans would defend the likes of Mertesacker, Xhaka, Giroud, Walcott, Rosicky and Monreal, saying they can't be upgraded, or an upgrade would be too expensive, all the while finishing ten to fifteen points at a minimum off of first place.

If we're a serious club, then we need to look at some of our starters and ask whether they're really title winning quality. We wasted Fabregas', Sagna's, Ɩzil's and RVP's best years surrounding them with dross like Eboue, Clichy, Giroud, Song, Denilson and the list goes on. Then we had to watch three out of the four winning league titles with our rivals.

I don't want the club to repeat the same mistakes with Saka, Saliba and Gabriel.

If Arteta is serious, he'll bin Jesus and Havertz and bring in new starters/give ESR a chance. He likes emulating City? Sell these guys while their value is somewhat high

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I would take a top 4 finish today, things won't get any better.

A strong finish in the CL is what I would be looking at now, semis would be good

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy šŸ†
Trusted ā­
Overperformed the first half of last season assisted by the new car smell boost of Jesus & Zinny.
Since that point, weā€™ve been closer to a true reflection of the squad. Simples.

We were a week or so ago top, but no one was quite sure how.
Yes the team last season 1st half everyone preform and we lucky with injuries since then 35 points in 2nd half of last season this season 40 points. This team basically 75-80 points a season team they had chance to evolve it this summer but apart from Rice they done poorly

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We spent a lot of money this summer on players who aren't major improvements in Raya and Havertz.

Our team is also permeated with flawed starters who aren't premier league winning quality but are also fan favourites, in White, Jesus and Zinchenko.

This honestly reminds me of latter day Wenger when fans would defend the likes of Mertesacker, Xhaka, Giroud, Walcott, Rosicky and Monreal, saying they can't be upgraded, or an upgrade would be too expensive, all the while finishing ten to fifteen points at a minimum off of first place.

If we're a serious club, then we need to look at some of our starters and ask whether they're really title winning quality. We wasted Fabregas', Sagna's, Ɩzil's and RVP's best years surrounding them with dross like Eboue, Clichy, Giroud, Song, Denilson and the list goes on. Then we had to watch three out of the four winning league titles with our rivals.

I don't want the club to repeat the same mistakes with Saka, Saliba and Gabriel.

If Arteta is serious, he'll bin Jesus and Havertz and bring in new starters/give ESR a chance. He likes emulating City? Sell these guys while their value is somewhat high
Some excellent points & observations here.

The level is high with our first team & would be even better if we had Timber fit to play LB. The problems are when we sustain injuries. We become a Europa league team.

The team & squad needed a total overhaul which he has done, but we keep making mistakes in giving players new contracts who he doesn't really rate that much. Why not just sell & but players you actually want & will play ?

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom