• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wasn't the idea of Fabregas rejected because people see him as an CAM and we have plenty of those....pretty sure Barkley also plays there.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
In light of Madrids potential treble i can see barca reacting (transfer ban permitting) with some huge signings. Could be a yard sale there!

Alves, Alba, Mascherano, Cesc, Pedro/Sanchez could all do a fantastic job here. The last 3 in particular.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Current wishlist:

Schneiderlin/Kondogbia
Vela
Balotelli

Haven't decided on a right back yet in case Sagna goes.

Kondogbia and Schneiderlin coincidentally both happen to be French, but simply I believe they offer the exact attributes we need to complement our midfield. Both tactically astute and sit well, both pass well, and both are technically capable players. They are both good in the air too. Kondogbia possesses more raw power and seems to be very adept at getting out of trouble and that edges it for me personally but I'd be very happy with Schneiderlin.

Vela is simply a no-brainer. I didn't really think about it much because I thought he would never come back, but now the possibility is open it makes perfect sense. He's quick, gotten a lot stronger, and is capable on the ball as well as being very good off of it - meaning he can contribute to the build up with clever passing and good dribbling, and he can also stretch defenses with his runs in behind and his finishing. He's becoming a top-notch player and I think he will be ready for the PL this time around.

Balotelli is really (IMO) the best of a bad situation regarding strikers. He's physically and technically perfect for the role upfront that we want to play but his erratic nature is a big problem. Nonetheless, he is a risk that Wenger should be willing to take because he is that good. And, in all honesty, who else is available? I don't see Cavani coming here, nor Falcao or Costa. Benzema won't be coming either. Mandzukic isn't really an option we should be exploring IMO. So we are left with Balotelli and an army of young potential strikers out there between the ages of 17-22 which will only anger the fans instead of excite them.

I'd like some more offensive fullbacks but I am at a loss as to who they should be.

truth_hurts

There is an abundance of talent available this summer for the right price:

CM: Song (no thanks), Masherano, Martinez (maybe), Carvalho, Pogba, Witsel, Khedeira, Bender, Schneiderlin, Cesc, Kroos, Barkley, Verratti, Banega.

FWD: Pedro, Lavezzi, Lallana, Rodriguez, Hulk, Sanchez, El Shawaary, Moura, Draxler, Shaquiri, Reus (?), Kolnpokna (spelling).

ST: Martinez, Cavani/Zlatan, Balotelli, Lukaku, Benteke, Bony, Costa, Torres, Madzukic and Benzema.

There are plenty of options who could improve us out there. If Podolski stays we only need a CM to replace Arteta and Flamini in 12 months plus an attacker to bench/rotate/pair with Giroud.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Could Reus play in Giroud's position in our set up? Unless Cavani becomes available looks like they're might be better players to be had outside then in the centre.

Anzac

Established Member
truth_hurts said:

CM: Song (no thanks), Masherano, Martinez (maybe), Carvalho, Pogba, Witsel, Khedeira, Bender, Schneiderlin, Cesc, Kroos, Barkley, Verratti, Banega.

FWD: Pedro, Lavezzi, Lallana, Rodriguez, Hulk, Sanchez, El Shawaary, Moura, Draxler, Shaquiri, Reus (?), Kolnpokna (spelling).

ST: Martinez, Cavani/Zlatan, Balotelli, Lukaku, Benteke, Bony, Costa, Torres, Madzukic and Benzema.

There are plenty of options who could improve us out there. If Podolski stays we only need a CM to replace Arteta and Flamini in 12 months plus an attacker to bench/rotate/pair with Giroud.

And then you can add another half dozen or so names from Serie A - Immobile, Destro, Berardi, Cerci, Cuadrado......

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
What about Inler as a deep-lying midfielder?

A winger who always impresses me when I see him is Feghouli, but regular La Liga watchers might correct me on that.

truth_hurts

Goon_si said:
Let's just go out and buy Pogba, Reus and Cavani, it should be easy. :D

Verrati, Moura and Cavani triple swoop from PSG! 35m for Pogba and 35m for reus would probably do it to be fair. Realistically 32m for Bender Remy and Vela is more likely!

It's going to be a longgggggg summer. Still don't think the Draxler deal is over.

darkgunner

Since Cardiff are going down, maybe we can get Medel on the cheap. He's a good defensive mid with a high workrate and is a small but tough guy. I don't think he is the type of midfielder we need to plug all the gaps, but he would definitely be a good replacement for Arteta. Ideally, we should get a bigger player like Gonalons or Pogba.

Mudi

Sagna and Fabianski sign new contracts.

RB: Aurier
CB: Young CB
DM: Schneiderlin
LW: Reus
CF: Cavani

-------Cavani-------
Reus---Özil---Walcott
--Ramsey-Schneiderlin--
Gibbs-Koscielny-Mertesacker-Sagna
---------Szczesny----

---------Giroud---------
Podolski-Cazorla-Chamberlain
-------Arteta-Wilshere
Monreal-Vermaelen-?-Aurier
-------- Fabianski

Flow

truth_hurts said:
Witsel is available you say?

Wow. He would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Excellent tackler, great work-rate and has become very disciplined. He was a attacking midfielder three years ago (so he's also a very good passer and technician). Best of all he's 25 years old.

He has been after De Bruyne and Courtois the most important Belgian in the WC Qualifiers, he's gonna cost a lot, but he has said in the media he's ready for a transfer to a big league, so he might push for a transfer.

Better than the other realistic DMs which we had been linked with.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Flow said:
truth_hurts said:

Wow. He would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Excellent tackler, great work-rate and has become very disciplined. He was a attacking midfielder three years ago (so he's also a very good passer and technician). Best of all he's 25 years old.

He has been after De Bruyne and Courtois the most important Belgian in the WC Qualifiers, he's gonna cost a lot, but he has said in the media he's ready for a transfer to a big league, so he might push for a transfer.

Supports Arsenal too.

musicmonkey

Established Member
Anzac said:
truth_hurts said:

And then you can add another half dozen or so names from Serie A - Immobile, Destro, Berardi, Cerci, Cuadrado......
Berardi is owned by Juve and was just on loan, no way they're letting him go but there's certainly some talent to be found there, Immobile looks like he could become an incredible player. Muriel might be worth a punt whilst his stock is low but his injuries do look concerning.

Anyway since Fulham are down i wouldn't mind us picking up Riether. He's not good enough for first choice but we could certainly us him as second choice and that would let Jenko go out on loan, not going to break the bank and has always looked pretty solid when i've watched him.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
MutableEarth said:
Flow said:
truth_hurts said:

Supports Arsenal too.

Witsel would be perfect, didn't even consider him as he's out there at Zenit it will cost tons to get him in. But perfect partner for Ramsey, has all the physical and technical skills to be an Arsenal DM

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom