• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
John Guidetti is withering away on ManCitys bench, he is a wenger project galore imo.

I tihnk he got Giraud beaten on speed but is still a thick strong mofo, better shot placement and perhaps even more mobile. he got hints of supreme talent, easily better technique and first touch than Giraud.

well worth a cheap punt

Floating

Established Member
YeahBee said:
John Guidetti is withering away on ManCitys bench, he is a wenger project galore imo.

I tihnk he got Giraud beaten on speed but is still a thick strong mofo, better shot placement and perhaps even more mobile. he got hints of supreme talent, easily better technique and first touch than Giraud.

well worth a cheap punt

Decent shout, but Wenger already has a project CF in Sanogo.

trunks206

Established Member
------Szczensy

Debuchy--Per--Kos---Gibbs

----Ramsey---Vidal

---------Özil

Walcott-----------Reus

--------Sanchez

I would do unholy things to see this team line up in Arsenal kits.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Not a fan of the double box to box midfielder combo many seem to think will work. For me, it's essential to have a midfielder dedicated to sitting. I know the games evolved yadda yadda, but there are players available now who are perfectly comfortable breaking up attacks and initiating them.

A Xabi Alonso type player beside Ramsey would be ideal, if not as good technically, someone who can impose themselves more physically. Really hope we can get in one of Khedira, Bender or Schneiderlin.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Not a fan of the double box to box midfielder combo many seem to think will work. For me, it's essential to have a midfielder dedicated to sitting. I know the games evolved yadda yadda, but there are players available now who are perfectly comfortable breaking up attacks and initiating them.

A Xabi Alonso type player beside Ramsey would be ideal, if not as good technically, someone who can impose themselves more physically. Really hope we can get in one of Khedira, Bender or Schneiderlin.

I agree - someone always sits more than the other. When we had Gilberto and Vieira, they both got forward, but Gilberto sat far more often than Vieira did. We see it with Fernandinho and Yaya too.

Someone has to be more comfortable sitting. We will get that with any one of Khedira, Schneiderlin or Bender.

Anzac

Established Member
Floating said:
Johnny_Blaze said:
I'm becoming increasingly upset at the lack of Di Maria links. I personally think Sanchez will be turned into a CF, so we still need another winger to take our attack up to "almost best in Europe" levels.

We're not going to sign both Di Maria and Sanchez - that would be fairly insane.

Bernard has a similar skill set.
Slightly shorter than Cazorla & not as stocky but more of a forward/winger & more direct with more pace.

Anzac

Established Member
Re DM - what type of passer do we want?

Arteta is very precise but also slows the transition forward as a result of looking to pass to feet, and can also become isolated on the ball if his targets/options get too far ahead;
Flamini is far more decisive and releases the ball far quicker to keep the momentum going, but is far less precise as he does not always look to pass directly to the man (let alone that he does not drop as deep to receive the ball and is more of a ball winner than DLP).

By the sounds of it Schneiderlin is more a DLP whilst Khdira and Bender are more B2B & ball winner types - but what are their passing styles and are they suited?

For mind the more precise style form DLP is best suited to a slower possession passing tiki-taka style, whereas the quicker distribution suits a more fluid counter attack.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Anzac said:

Arteta is very precise but also slows the transition forward as a result of looking to pass to feet, and can also become isolated on the ball if his targets/options get too far ahead;
Flamini is far more decisive and releases the ball far quicker to keep the momentum going, but is far less precise as he does not always look to pass directly to the man (let alone that he does not drop as deep to receive the ball and is more of a ball winner than DLP).

By the sounds of it Schneiderlin is more a DLP whilst Khdira and Bender are more B2B & ball winner types - but what are their passing styles and are they suited?

For mind the more precise style form DLP is best suited to a slower possession passing tiki-taka style, whereas the quicker distribution suits a more fluid counter attack.

Schneiderlin plays more passes overall, but as far as I have observed when watching him play, they tend to be quick, forward passes. He is capable of a range of passes, so his distribution is malleable to the needs of the team - but particularly against us at st mary's he passed through our midfield very quickly. When he plays, Southampton seem to be a more cohesive unit going forward.

Khedira is also capable of this as we've seen for Germany. You're right in that Schneiderlin is more DLP-like in his passing, but he is capable of playing at a higher tempo.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Anzac said:

Khedira is much more than a passer he starts attacks dribbling forward eating up the pitch before playing forward passes and 1-2s. Very good dribbling in short spaces too. His passing can be incisive with his through balls and is always looking to move the ball forward.

Our attacking players would have more time to make things happen with Khedira moving the ball forward quickly.

Schneiderlin passes well from deep and has a wide ranger of passing. Bender gives away the ball more than the other 2 and isn't nearly as good a passer so I'd assume he'd be a last resort.

Anzac

Established Member
The other question/point I was going to raise re the DM options was in regards to which player gets dribbled by the opposition less and who makes the most tackles.
Most of the top teams have at least 1 midfielder who is able to win the ball via a tackle, whilst our trio of Rambo, Cazorla and Arteta get dribbled by the opposition on a regular basis - that's 3/4 of our midfield and the other member in midfield is the CAM playmaker.

Brotherz

I wonder if Sebastian Perez is still on our radar.

Arsène Wenger stated that he was impressed with Perez during the week trial and decided to add him in the game.[9] Despite impressing both the London club and its fans, Perez was unable to get a work-permit because 'he had yet to play at least 75% of Colombia's international matches'. Thus, he was sent back to Nacional.[10] Despite this, Wenger claimed that he would continue monitoring Perez until an opportunity to sign him comes.

Chappers

Ramsey was leading several defensive statistics until his injury last season in the league and is every bit as good a ball winner as a goal scorer. That part of his game seems underrated on here and whoever comes in will be alongside the most multi-talented B2B midfielder in the league.

Let's focus on our most present needs and sign a RB (or two), GK, CM and CB. We would then have a very strong squad capable of contending for major titles and if Real Madrid decide to replace their current first choice striker, then we should be all over him.

Anzac

Established Member
Chappers said:
Ramsey was leading several defensive statistics until his injury last season in the league and is every bit as good a ball winner as a goal scorer. That part of his game seems underrated on here and whoever comes in will be alongside the most multi-talented B2B midfielder in the league.

Let's focus on our most present needs and sign a RB (or two), GK, CM and CB. We would then have a very strong squad capable of contending for major titles and if Real Madrid decide to replace their current first choice striker, then we should be all over him.

Last gossip I read said that RM weren't prepared to pay the 37m that Monaco wanted for Falcao.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Anzac said:
The other question/point I was going to raise re the DM options was in regards to which player gets dribbled by the opposition less and who makes the most tackles.
Most of the top teams have at least 1 midfielder who is able to win the ball via a tackle, whilst our trio of Rambo, Cazorla and Arteta get dribbled by the opposition on a regular basis - that's 3/4 of our midfield and the other member in midfield is the CAM playmaker.

good points, but re: ramsey, i think he also gets into the most duels and chases more than any other player, so that might have something to do with th being dribbled. i bet the %age of his success is still admirable.

particularly important point is that he chases far up the pitch, where opposition have numbers and more space, he's often the only player pressing. compare that to someone like modric, who plays way deeper, has much more support around him, and only needs to contain/steer the opponent on the ball to one side. of course he's not going to be dribbled unless we're talking messi or robben

cannonade

Established Member
Anzac said:
Chappers said:

Last gossip I read said that RM weren't prepared to pay the 37m that Monaco wanted for Falcao.
RM want James and James wants RM. Benzema will be sold at that point. It's just a matter of time.

G0D

Almighty
cannonade said:
Anzac said:
Chappers said:

RM want James and James wants RM. Benzema will be sold at that point. It's just a matter of time.
Why would you think Benzema would be sold once James comes in? He's an attacking midfielder, not a forward, and all the noise is that Di Maria is off to PSG, whilst we're after Khedira.

Di Maria and Khedira would fund the purchase of James Rodriguez considering the fee they're touting for Di Maria is 50million euros. Only way Benzema gets sold is if they bring someone in to replace him. That's not James Rodriguez.

Anzac

Established Member
Talk is that Perez want Kroos, Falcao and Rodriguez & that Khedira, Benzema & Di Maria are expendable.

We should make a package deal offer for all 3 for 80m.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Anzac said:
Talk is that Perez want Kroos, Falcao and Rodriguez & that Khedira, Benzema & Di Maria are expendable.

We should make a package deal offer for all 3 for 80m.

Each will goto the highest bidder, Dimaria will be 40 to 50m, Benzema 30 to 40m and Khedira 20 to 30m. At a push we could get Khedira alongside Benzema.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom