• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Flamini Saga..........

Legend#1

Established Member
What's the latest on the Flamini saga...sorry if it has been discusses but I was really exciting to see him play then I found out about the "agreement" we still have to come to with Marseille

What's the latest guys...will he be at Arsenal for the Everton game?

Marseillais

No because the french federation refuse to give Arsenal the papers needed. So it may takes a long time before seeing him with the shirt of Arsenal.
Indeed the French regulation impose a young player to sign with the club which has trained him but these rules are only available in France for the moment. And now , the French clubs want this rule to be international. That is the core of the current problem. (Newcastle has the same problem with Le Havre)

But I think Flamini can't be back in Marseille so all could be forgotten if Arsenal give Marseille 3 or 4 million euros.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
OK. Keep us updated with what's going on over there Marseillais, all right.

Split

Marseillais said:
No because the french federation refuse to give Arsenal the papers needed. So it may takes a long time before seeing him with the shirt of Arsenal.
Indeed the French regulation impose a young player to sign with the club which has trained him but these rules are only available in France for the moment. And now , the French clubs want this rule to be international. That is the core of the current problem. (Newcastle has the same problem with Le Havre)

But I think Flamini can't be back in Marseille so all could be forgotten if Arsenal give Marseille 3 or 4 million euros.

If that law does go international I bet Wenger will be disappointed as he likes snapping up startlets before they sign a professional contract. Cesc and Flamini (Manu got Pique in this way), probably others as well? Mind you it does go against the moral high ground he usually takes.

Arnie

it's a real big debate weather these rules are good or not. It's a bad rule for clubs like arsenal and i'm sure it's great for teams e.g charlton standard.

I chose charlton because they had a senario i can think of:

1. Jermaine Defoe. He was originally in the charlton ranks the west ham payed to dollar for him to go there. Think how good it would have been for charlton if he stayed. How did they know how good he would be.

KingReyes

Established Member
I'm confident Arsenal and Marseille can come to an agreement on compensation. He's not welcome back to Marseille so I can't see us not getting him sooner or later.

Edit:link posted by Split.

Robno.7

we have apparently offered compensation but marseille say its not worth taking time over (this i think means they want more)

Sol man

I think it is a silly law. What if Arsenal decide to look elsewhere and now you have a player who does not want to play for the club and only wants to play for Arsenal? Just like Arsenal in the Vieira to Madrid saga Marsielle will have to accept hwat Arsenal offer.

patrick42uk

Established Member
they say marsaille 'have failed to block the move'. so what can they do now? the player is ours and marsaille have to accept what we give them surely?

lewdikris

Established Member
It's bollocks. We'll just give them some cash and they'll shut up....

As for Wenger taking 'the moral high ground', no manager in World Football has as heavy a rep for nabbing young players in dubious circumstances - hell, just look at the list of names:

Anelka - PSG, not happy.
Pennant - Notts County, not happy.
Cesc - Barcelona, really, really not happy.
Aliadiere - French Football Federation not at all happy.
Flamini - Marseille, not happy.

In fact the one young player we tried to nab who we actually had an agreement for was Pique .... who ditched us and went to Man U.

Moral high ground my balls. Wenger will get whoever he needs however he has to, no matter what he says in public.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
lewdikris said:

As for Wenger taking 'the moral high ground', no manager in World Football has as heavy a rep for nabbing young players in dubious circumstances - hell, just look at the list of names:

Anelka - PSG, not happy.

In fact the one young player we tried to nab who we actually had an agreement for was Pique .... who ditched us and went to Man U.

Moral high ground my balls. Wenger will get whoever he needs however he has to, no matter what he says in public.
He is almost forced into doing so as he doesn't have the funds to go for established players. So he does what he has to do in order to compete.

Split

*Loyan* said:
lewdikris said:

Anelka - PSG, not happy.

He is almost forced into doing so as he doesn't have the funds to go for established players. So he does what he has to do in order to compete.

Well said Lewd, that was what I was getting at!! mind you he will not break the rules, plus he is willing to screw over clubs (big spivvy businessmen) but he won't screw over the honest player (e.g. letting players like upson go)

As for him using loopholes etc because he has no other alternative, I just don't think that is the case. Those sort of deals, those sneaky bargain/investments is what makes wenger tick, I'm sure he'd much buy a 17year old kid with potentional for peanuts, than a fully fledged superstar for 10-20million quid!

Adam

Established Member
Can someone give me directions to this 'moral highground'?

I have a feeling i might find it near Atlantis. :wink:

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom