• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Flamini Saga..........

thegreatbriton

Im glad that we are fioghting back. We got P*ssed on by other clubs when wenger as just starting (first 2 or 3 years)

Anelka-Us, Not at all happy
Overmars-Us, Not at all happy
Petit-Us, Not at all happy
Vieira ??? :cry:

Other teams do it, and dont have morals, lets fight back.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Split said:
*Loyan* said:
lewdikris said:
It's bollocks. We'll just give them some cash and they'll shut up....

As for Wenger taking 'the moral high ground', no manager in World Football has as heavy a rep for nabbing young players in dubious circumstances - hell, just look at the list of names:

Anelka - PSG, not happy.
Pennant - Notts County, not happy.
Cesc - Barcelona, really, really not happy.
Aliadiere - French Football Federation not at all happy.
Flamini - Marseille, not happy.

In fact the one young player we tried to nab who we actually had an agreement for was Pique .... who ditched us and went to Man U.

Moral high ground my balls. Wenger will get whoever he needs however he has to, no matter what he says in public.
He is almost forced into doing so as he doesn't have the funds to go for established players. So he does what he has to do in order to compete.

Well said Lewd, that was what I was getting at!! mind you he will not break the rules, plus he is willing to screw over clubs (big spivvy businessmen) but he won't screw over the honest player (e.g. letting players like upson go)

As for him using loopholes etc because he has no other alternative, I just don't think that is the case. Those sort of deals, those sneaky bargain/investments is what makes wenger tick, I'm sure he'd much buy a 17year old kid with potentional for peanuts, than a fully fledged superstar for 10-20million quid!
#
He might, but then again if he did have the money he probably would get more established for the right price, so we don't get screwed over. Remember Reyes. We got him for potentially 17 million. He did this because we had the money, and AW thought he was worth it.

Arnie

patrick42uk said:
they say marsaille 'have failed to block the move'. so what can they do now? the player is ours and marsaille have to accept what we give them surely?

he's ours, but they want compensation!!

I'm not sure what's immoral or sneaky about any of these transfers. If it's allowed by the rules then what's the problem? There is a difference between another club being unhappy at a signing and a signing being illegal, immoral, or otherwise underhanded.

efurze

Arsenal.com Link

In the pre-match preview for the Everton game on Arsenal.com Wenger was quoted as saying that Flamini's transfer has been completed.

New-signing Mathieu Flamini is set to travel with the squad now his eligibility has been finalised following his move this summer after 15 years at Marseille.

Seems strange that it wasn't announced on the main page.

You guys think he'll start ahead of Cesc? I still haven't seen him play.

patrick42uk

Established Member
fantastic news. our midfield is now complete. four cms with a youngster waiting to take over from any slackers. vieira, watch your back

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom