• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
Appiah? Screw him - average player, we've no need for his type, and the thought of him replacing Vieira? What a joke.

Zebina's crap, Trez is crap, and Appiah's worse. Don't want any of that lot - if Juve want one of our first teamers and a world class player, they better offer something worthwhile in return.

JGooner

It would be pointless to sell Vieira now. If he was ever ripe for sale, it was the last couple of summers when his value was huge. He is still utter class and, as asajoseph says, there is no obvious and attainable replacement out there. I hope he brings his A game to this season, though.

Chin up, London.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Maybe Arsenal feel that this is the last year that they can get a substantial fee for Vieira? Wenger's a known admirer of Zebina.

KingReyes

Established Member
Didn't Wenger recently say he wanted to keep everyone at the club which included Vieira. It was also the same story where he said he wanted to sign two "World Class" players.

The only way Vieira will leave is if he asks to leave.

DaViEsW

If he turned down Real Madrid, he'll turn down Juventus. Not a single quote from Arsenal at all, Juventus are supposed to be pennyless anyway?

Whatever, it's strange but after a day like today (I work a couple of hundred yards from Liverpool Street Station) football doesn't really seem too important.

A

Anonymous

Kel, you make some ridiculously dimwitted statements at times.

I'm waiting for Reyes to go on a scoring streak of 4 games and have you proclaim him the best player ever and Vieira on 4 games where he displays bad form and have you suggest he's the worst player on our team. The ass and the head mate, should not be conjoined. On your body, they are seemingly danegrously close.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Kwame said:
Kel, you make some ridiculously dimwitted statements at times.

I'm waiting for Reyes to go on a scoring streak of 4 games and have you proclaim him the best player ever and Vieira on 4 games where he displays bad form and have you suggest he's the worst player on our team. The ass and the head mate, should not be conjoined. On your body, they are seemingly danegrously close.

while you can't discuss anything without resorting to personal attacks. lack of arguments or intelligence...?

Haakon

Dont know what to think really tbh. Maybe Viera told Wenger he wouldnt sign a new deal and that he would rather be sold now... You never know, the press can't catch up on everything etc..

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:
What would be the point of selling Vieira anyway? The way I see it, there's nobody sensible available who could replace him anyway.

the way vieira played at times this season, I could probably replace him... :wink:

And the way Vieira played in lots of other games he'd have made you like a toolbag.

Haakon

Possible player swap with Juve

Can't rem all the players that have been mooted as possible players to being involved in possible transfere for Viera to Juve.

I know of Appiah and Trez and atleast another defender. ( Cant rem where I read it)

I just wanted to hear what you guys think of these players, personally I know next to nothing about Appiah and this defender... So to those who know, share your knowledge pls!!

Guns and Arses

If these links are rubbish, the future of Senderos and Flamini, or even Fabregas, are less than secure. They're not getting any younger and need first team football, while Campbell and Vieira are about 10 years older than them.

I hate to see promising youngsters leave the club because of the lack of regular playing time.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Now that is so silly you do not sell experience and quality just because of that.
As talented as Senderos and Fabregas are we can't rely on them too much at their age, we won't get anywhere by selling experience!

Haakon

I am not saying that its highly likely, I am simply trying to get some info on these players.

If you feel its rubbish there is no need to post, ohh sorry, forgot thats how you get your post count up!!!

asajoseph

Established Member
As OPG hints at, we're not a farm. If Flamini and Senderos get places, it should be on merit, not because they're younger. We don't sell experienced players just to give young players games - sure it might help them develop, but we'll be a far weaker team because of it.

MAK

So far no one from Juve is in London Moggi & Bettega are still in Turin and Dien is in Spain on holiday and also trying to tie up Baptista.

No need to panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom