• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It does seem to be a bit too coincidental, tho people mustn't forget that Barcelona will have a vacancy in the summer and there'll not be many managers better than Allegri about.
Wenger to Barcelona Allegri to Arsenal Enrique to Juventus.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wenger to Barcelona Allegri to Arsenal Enrique to Juventus.

why Juve want Enrique, and maybe the pressure is even bigger in Italy, especially for Juve

and no way in hell Barca wants Wenger, only reason they would want him is because he'd bring Bellerin back and they can't fekkin have him

What do we expect?

Nothing will change with only Wenger gone.

What do we focus on?

Getting Kroenke out and new owners with ambition in.

Who, to take us forward?

New owners and new manager with plan to close the gap between us and the very best in league and europe.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Seriously?! why not get a red membership? - even with just the red one you'll be able to get a ticket to most games - ok you need a membership for each member of the family but seriously if you're paying hundreds you might find 30-40 quid a ticket a bit more affordable via the club!

PS plus touts are **** and you should never buy off those s**tbags anyway

You're right of course, but my trips to London come up suddenly and usually involve business, and the touts I know are so much quicker and more reliable in the seating choice when it comes to getting tickets at very short notice, most of the same day.

I should get a red membership, I suppose.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Expect: Players to improve and play without the weight of an out of touch dinosaur on their backs. To play with structure from back to front. To not capitulate over and over again.

Focus on: Eradicating the stupid.

Take us forward?: The new manager

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
It does seem to be a bit too coincidental, tho people mustn't forget that Barcelona will have a vacancy in the summer and there'll not be many managers better than Allegri about.
Barca will go for Sampaoli, and if they don't we should. Or Tuchel (who will most likely be available this summer), or Jardim. Any of them will do.
My guess is it will come down to salary and control. The board will go for the most pliable and economic choice.

The idea of Barca wanting Wenger = :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mm76

Yer Da
You're right of course, but my trips to London come up suddenly and usually involve business, and the touts I know are so much quicker and more reliable in the seating choice when it comes to getting tickets at very short notice, most of the same day.

I should get a red membership, I suppose.

Totally man, do it

MagicalRozza

Seriously?
He did what you did for ur kids, and lot more.
Got us top class stadium.
Top class youth facilities.
Later resulting bunch of top talents, and more to come cause of what he did with Hale End.
Got us around 150€ mil in reserve.
Just to name those obvious, big things he got us as I dont have time or will to go on ito details.
Its a shame he ia not recognized for all the good thing he did and does. Hate him or love him, guy gave us a lot more than anyone could ever. Sure he makes mistakes, like all of us, but to say he got us nothing to take care of us once he is gone is just absurd, as his 20 years here are based on putting us on strong feet for a long time

What you are talking about is infrastructure and money. I am talking about personnel and Wenger making himself practically irreplaceable, while the owners/board allowed it happily counting the $$ he made them. Nobody sane questions his business achievements (and I view the stadium and cash as such) but the influence he has on all aspects of the club is just unhealthy.

NEWMAN123

To get back to poll. Who is this Leonardo Jardim guy? Is he some new star?
I talked about him before

"I was originally in the Allegri camp but after much thinking there is only 1 optimal choice. A case could also be made for Simeone but the change of style could take a few seasons before we see the effects.

The best choice would be Leonardo Jardim. Now let me explain why. First of all with the exception of Simeone he's a manager who's competing on a tight budget with mega money club(s). Jardim is also a manager who puts tactics above all.

He has had to work with a shoe string budget while also developing some top tier talents. This would be almost identical to what a new manager would have to do here. Jardim has made Monaco one of the most dangerous attacking sides in Europe. When you look at his players compared to the big money clubs this is astonishing. We will never have the best players in Europe. So we need a manager who can create a deadly attack as well as sort out the defence with mostly average-above average players. Jardim is that guy.

Jardim also is top of Ligue 1 with Monaco and they have been the best team in Ligue 1 arguably. We need a manager who can compete with the big money teams on a tight budget and Jardim is this guy.

Another stat for you stat boys is that Monaco have played 28 games and have scored 82 goals :drool: So if you want a defensively drilled team that scores a shet load of goals even though they don't have the best players then Jardim is that guy. Do some research and you'll see for yourself that Jardim makes the most sense given that he'd be more familiar with what he needs to do here and that he's proving he can do it.

Guys like Allegri have been managing at the top teams and I really think they'd struggle here because they won't be used to not managing the best team in the league. All in All we need a manager who can set us up against the bigger/better teams and win. Only Simeone and Jardim fit this mold IMO. Thanks for reading."

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Another example of why Wenger has NEVER taken other options. He claims he is loyal ( I am sure he is ) However he also knows that virtually EVERY top club fans would go this route had he delivered to them what he is to us AND backing it up with deluded ramblings while trying to keep his 'poker face' not revealing he really dont know what he's talking about!
He would get slaughtered by Spanish fans. :lol::lol:

I think the best thing people can do now is accept that we are not winning the league next 20-30 years. To much is lacking in order for us to do so.

I have accepted that tonight, over few beers, fewer lines. I think it will be good for my health in the long run!

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I'm pretty sure Wenger can do a great job somewhere else, in a different organization with other guys who support him. And Wenger doing only the coach job.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Expect: Players to improve and play without the weight of an out of touch dinosaur on their backs. To play with structure from back to front. To not csptiulate over and over again.

Focus on: Eradicating the stupid.

Take us forward?: The new manager
I can proper imagine the players talking about how much better things are under the new gaffer. Could be wrong but I really see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom