• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

German Football 2017/18

BobP

Memri Fan
Gladbach have completely turned things around.

Since Hecking took over, they've only lost once in the league (against RBL). Wouldn't be surprised if they managed to finish in a Europa League position, which would be good considering where they were under Schubert.

It's not surprising really, Hecking has gone with the tried and tested 442/4411 shape left behind by Favre, something which the players would be very familiar with.

Put simply, Schubert tried to change to much to soon, should have just stuck with what had been left behind for him.

BobP

Memri Fan
Schmidt is like Zeman, except he swears by the 442 rather than the 433.

Some of the defending I've seen from Leverkusen has been laughable.

Also, is it just me or is Volland fat?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Schmidt is like Zeman, except he swears by the 442 rather than the 433.

Some of the defending I've seen from Leverkusen has been laughable.

Also, is it just me or is Volland fat?

Just you I think.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Leipzig lose to Wolfsburg, so Bayern are 10 points clear at the top of the table.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Surprised Thomas Delaney has been able to make the jump from the Danish league to German football is easily. He's looked really good for Werder Bremen. Danish players usually flop hard in Germany. He did move at 25 though, so he's near his prime.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As has been rumoured for the last 3 months, so not huge news, but Mahmoud Dahoud has agreed to join Borussia Dortmund, according to multiple reports in Germany.
Confirmed now. Weigl, Dahoud and I'm guessing Castro? Will be a great midfield.

Where else do you think Dortmund will strengthen? Do you think any big names will be sold this year?

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli

Where else do you think Dortmund will strengthen? Do you think any big names will be sold this year?

Auba out and Laca in is my guess

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan

as asukru says - Auba will be the key one, keeping hold of him will partly depend of course on Real Madrid, cos that is the club he has mentioned in the past. But if they don't come in for him, it will be interesting to see if he will go to the premier league.

Strengthening I think maybe goalie. As wonderful as Roman Weidenfeller has been for Dortmund over the years, he struggled when he came in earlier this season. I sort of wish that Karius had come in over the summer to compete with Burki. So yeah, goalie I think.

Also even if Auba stays, a striker is neecded too. Ramos left in January and Isak signed, but he is 17 years old. So after that, there is only really Emre Mor who can play there and Reus but he has so much injury problems.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

as asukru says - Auba will be the key one, keeping hold of him will partly depend of course on Real Madrid, cos that is the club he has mentioned in the past. But if they don't come in for him, it will be interesting to see if he will go to the premier league.

Strengthening I think maybe goalie. As wonderful as Roman Weidenfeller has been for Dortmund over the years, he struggled when he came in earlier this season. I sort of wish that Karius had come in over the summer to compete with Burki. So yeah, goalie I think.

Also even if Auba stays, a striker is neecded too. Ramos left in January and Isak signed, but he is 17 years old. So after that, there is only really Emre Mor who can play there and Reus but he has so much injury problems.
I think Madrid have moved onto Mbappe now. Maybe they'll go for Hazard this summer and then replace Benzema next year with Mbappe.

Can see City/Utd/Chelsea signing Auba if they offer him big wages.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think Madrid have moved onto Mbappe now. Maybe they'll go for Hazard this summer and then replace Benzema next year with Mbappe.

Can see City/Utd/Chelsea signing Auba if they offer him big wages.
It's tricky now though, because City just signed Jesus and have Aguero, Chelsea have Costa and are looking more at Lukaku or Morata as possible replacements, and United are looking to extend Ibra and probably won't want to piss him off by buying someone who is meant to be a 1st choice striker.

City are most probable I guess if they do move Aguero on.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bayern 2 up against Dortmund in first 10 minutes could get ugly for Tuchel today.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom