• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
Wow City is gonna be aiming high next season

It worries me that Arséne thinks we're almost there when we could do with an upgrade in almost every position

The situation is not that grim.

This could be our starting 11 next season:

Szczesny
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Kolasinac
Xhaka New Signing
New Signing Özil Sanchez
New Signing

If reports are to be believed, Kolasinac has been locked up.

If we can bring in 1 or maybe 2 more 1st team signings, we'll be in good stead.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The situation is not that grim.

This could be our starting 11 next season:

Szczesny
Bellerin Mustafi Koscielny Kolasinac
Xhaka New Signing
New Signing Özil Sanchez
New Signing

If reports are to be believed, Kolasinac has been locked up.

If we can bring in 1 or maybe 2 more 1st team signings, we'll be in good stead.
we really need to Alexis and Özil to sign new contract if we wanna build on both of them leaving we gonna be in big trouble. also i think wenger or new manager will keep playing 3-4-2-1 we look more solid at the back and playing good football offensively.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Bernardo Silva doesn't really improve City immediately. At the moment David Silva is the better player, plus he doesn't have the kind of game that declines massively with age. Pointless signing...only thing that'll change is that the commentators will have to start saying - David Silva or Bernardo Silva instead of just Silva.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

We've got a lot of French boys, can see him picking us over City.

Not too sure about him defensively but he's a good player.

Vibra

Established Member
we really need to Alexis and Özil to sign new contract if we wanna build on both of them leaving we gonna be in big trouble. also i think wenger or new manager will keep playing 3-4-2-1 we look more solid at the back and playing good football offensively.

That's why I still get angry every time I think of the Cech summer, we had a good thing going and the club decided not to build on it. And that complacency has now got us into trouble when we could be improving but now might just be replacing what we already had

That summer truly revealed the clubs true ambitions, staying good enough instead of taking a few risks and becoming great. Taking risks threatens the job security of Gazidis and co

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
That's why I still get angry every time I think of the Cech summer, we had a good thing going and the club decided not to build on it. And that complacency has now got us into trouble when we could be improving but now might just be replacing what we already had

That summer truly revealed the clubs true ambitions, staying good enough instead of taking a few risks and becoming great. Taking risks threatens the job security of Gazidis and co
Yep the 2015 summer we did f**ked up massively wenger was too confident about his squad and that one of his fault keeping faith on players that they are not good enough to make us competing if we added more quality that summer we could've win the league.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

The worst transfer window I've ever seen, hands down. Signing someone and that person flopping is one thing; it's understandable, at least you tried etc.

Signing no-one? Inexcusable. I say this as a former professional footballer (albeit at a much lower level obviously): New faces ups everyone's game. Increases the desire to fight for your spot, causing you to work harder, eat better, focus more etc.

The lack of competition is directly tied to the stagnation of Özil, as an example. I'm 100% sure of that.

OG J0E

The worst transfer window I've ever seen, hands down. Signing someone and that person flopping is one thing; it's understandable, at least you tried etc.

Signing no-one? Inexcusable. I say this as a former professional footballer (albeit at a much lower level obviously): New faces ups everyone's game. Increases the desire to fight for your spot, causing you to work harder, eat better, focus more etc.

The lack of competition is directly tied to the stagnation of Özil, as an example. I'm 100% sure of that.
Dunno, Özil had his best season ever after that summer. Agree in principle though, need good signings to end the malaise in our squad as much as for the players themselves.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So City look to be moving early.

Not surprising they've no uncertainty hanging over them. Whereas we are all over the show. Manager, players, owner, Ceo and the tea lady for good measure.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

yeah quality players these days cost more than 50M pounds if we want to add like 3 quality players for example 90M won't be enough at all so we'll gonna end up with decent players that would need time to settle We were lucky we got Alexis for 35M because barca don't needed him. So what we need is to Wenger the board and Kroenke to work together and try to bring quality players because if manutd Chelsea city spending 200M and we stand there doing nothing we'll never compete.
Funnily enough I think we would have been in a better position signing two 40-50M players every summer rather than spending 100M on a collection of players.

You look at guys like Elneny, Xhaka, Welbeck (I'll never admit to saying this again) and Gabriel and you wonder if we would have been beter off with one or two top class players or young prospects instead.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Summer 15 was probably the beginning of the end.

It was definitely the moment where we stopped improving and started to stagnate.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Has changed his tone on Mendy.

City and Utd are basically in a bidding war for Mendy now. I guess he will cost as much as 50 M. To sell Silva & Mendt for 120 M is just great business. They can pick up 3 or 4 excellent players with that money.
They are covered as well t the LB position with Jorge. This dude may become an even better player than Mendy.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Dunno, Özil had his best season ever after that summer. Agree in principle though, need good signings to end the malaise in our squad as much as for the players themselves.

He did, but I was more talking about the general lack of competition for spots at Arsenal. Özil has been like the first or second person on the team sheet for 4 years now, his place in the team has never been in doubt.

Compare it to Chelsea. Already have Costa, buy Michy. Courtois, bring in Begovic. Hazard/Willian, bring in Pedro/Cuadrado. Azpilicueta, bring in Luis.

Obviously not every transfer works out, but it pushes everyone to do better. On paper, they had no reason to bring in Pedro/Cuadrado, they already had the best winger in the league and a very good winger on the other side. Yet they let them duke it out and became stronger as a result.

I think it's safe to say that even if a great deal presented itself, you wouldn't have moved in on an attacking midfielder. In fact, didn't you already pass on Fabregas because you had Özil?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Funnily enough I think we would have been in a better position signing two 40-50M players every summer rather than spending 100M on a collection of players.

You look at guys like Elneny, Xhaka, Welbeck (I'll never admit to saying this again) and Gabriel and you wonder if we would have been beter off with one or two top class players or young prospects instead.
but you will still need these type of players who are average/decent for your squad depth. we will never have a great squad depth with full of quality players unless we are Real Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom