• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the conditions of contract is that W will be embalmed, and the starting 11 teamsheet, plus subs for those unavailable, will be prepared for a rolling 2 year period. Thus in the event of his demise we can carry on regardless.

MagicalRozza

It is a sad day for Arsenal Football Club and a display of cowardice from the board. The press release feels like a giant slap to the face of the fans. What I am reading there is "you don't ****ing matter, we and Arsène know better than you". I need to start some sort of theraphy to detach myself from this club as we are in for a hell lot of dissapoitment. My only hope is that my hometown team who are playing Europa League next year will draw Arsenal and I can see us play live.

with apologies to Brenda Holloway:- Together til the end of time (lyrics).

In a world filled with so much sorrow
Wenger is thinking of himself
So little time is spent on planning for September
& no one really seems to care
Now it's so easy to be lost in a Board
Where no one wants to help you, no one tries to understand
But Stan'll hold hands forever
& he'll make your plans together
Till the end of time, darling
Till the end of time, my sweet darlin'
By your side I'll never be, though things be often bad
From now until you die, I'll do anything I can
To make you happy when you're feeling blue
Should you ever have to leave me, I'll wait for you
& we'll hold hands forever
& we'll make our plans together
Now don't you worry
I'll make you rich when you're feeling blue
Should you ever have to leave me, I'll wait for you
& we'll hold shares forever
& we'll make our plans forever
(Till the end of time) we'll be side by side
(Till the end of time)

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They whispered in dark corners and went out late at night and conspired and conspired but the manager knew they were up to something. He knew they were busy little bees.

And one night he sat down with one of them and he looked at him and he said, "Tell me what you've been doing busy little bee or I shall strike down those dearest to you. You shall watch as I bathe in their blood."

And the manager was heartbroken. The little bee had wounded him more deeply than anyone else could ever have done. And what do you think happened then, Gazidis?

I don't know, Arséne.

The little bee told him everything.

tlwmaeU.jpg
" I don't pretend to be a man of the people. But I do try to be a man for the people." - Alisher Usmanov 31/5/17

silky_shava

There's something creepy about this guy maybe an obsession with power which he can't let go. He doesn't need the money and could easily retire happily somewhere in the South of France.

Maybe his found a magic formula that will stop us losing to the likes of Watford at home??

shoom

Interesting read : http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170531/-our-aim-is-to-win-the-premier-league-
I really think Gazidis worked hard to change things, I like that quote in particular "we have faced uncomfortable truths within the club, inconvenient facts, and we are looking at them squarely in the face and working out what we need to do improve and step up from where we are to that winning level. I am convinced we have the right person to do that."
At least it's a step in the right direction, admitting something is wrong and needs to be changed.

Yes but to me that sounds like Wenger is solely tasked with putting things right. Which means no division of responsibilities in his role.

If we don't restructure at the same time then I would rather have made a clean break this summer and accepted a season of transition while a new manager and DoF get to grips with the club.

We'll see what happens as they were never going to announce structural change as part of the statement on his extension. But given how opposed to change AW has been publicly I have a strong suspicion Stan has bottled it.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It's a good day for most Arsenal fans. The toxic Wenger haters seem like a majority because of their loud presence on the internet and on things such as Arsenal Fan TV, but most fans are reasonable and intelligent enough to know that sacking one of the greatest managers in history just days after he won a third FA Cup in four years and with no successor or succession plan in place would have been a disaster for the club. But often fans let the negative emotions that have built up inside them overtake any common sense they may have.

Arsène Wenger is the manager of this club. He will be the manager of this club for at least the next two seasons. He isn't getting sacked. He wouldn't have been sacked by either Usmanov or anybody else who bought the club (Piers Morgan doesn't have that kind of money). So the proper and sensible thing to do is to let it go. Stop acting like Piers Morgan and get behind the manager, the squad and the club. Hell, even Piers claims he's going to shut up about it (not that I believe him).

To quote Rodney King: "People, I just want to say, can we all get along? Can we get along? ... I don't see how you can grow as a world without being able to get along with people. So many people is hating out there and it's not making a difference."

Last edited:

Toast

Established Member
It's a good day for most Arsenal fans. The toxic Wenger haters seem like a majority because of their loud presence on the internet and on things such as Arsenal TV, but most fans are reasonable and intelligent enough to know that sacking one of the greatest managers in history just days after he won a third FA Cup in four years and with no successor or succession plan in place would have been a disaster for the club. But often fans let the negative emotions that have built up inside them overtake any common sense they may have.

Arséne Wenger is the manager of this club. He will be the manager of this club for at least the next two seasons. He isn't getting sacked. He wouldn't have been sacked by either Usmanov or anybody else who bought the club (Piers Morgan doesn't have that kind of money). So the proper and sensible thing to do is to let it go. Stop acting like Piers Morgan and get behind the manager, the squad and the club. Hell, even Piers claims he's going to shut up about it (not that I believe him).

To quote Rodney King: "People, I just want to say, can we all get along? Can we get along? ... I don't see how you can grow as a world without being able to get along with people. So many people is hating out there and it's not making a difference."

Wants people to all get along; implies people who aren't in favour of Wenger staying are unreasonable and unintelligent. Great stuff.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Wants people to all get along; implies people who aren't in favour of Wenger staying are unreasonable and unintelligent. Great stuff.

Not what I said. You might want to read it again or make a better effort to understand what I said. Not everyone who wanted Wenger to move on was responsible for creating a toxic atmosphere.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So...who thinks they might actually be telling the truth this time?:lol:

I know what they've said in the past but this time they've gone and said it in as clear a manner as possible. Nowhere to hide for these f*ckboys.

edit: Who am I kidding.

Dammit

All I want to say is that "renewing" is an anagram of "Wenger in". He will always get his contract, it all makes sense now. I'ts written, we can't do anything about it.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it could of course be that it was known Özil and Sanchez would extend only if Wenger did too

a lot of things would make sense if that is true

we can but hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom