• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It's interesting to see how perceptions change. At the start of the season from our buys Mustafi would have been the most impressive and Xhaka the least fast forward and roles have reversed.

Both are good players and both deserve another full season. If we are to buy a new defender, and who knows we may well see losing Alexis as call to reinforce elsewhere, then we will still have to free up space by selling Gabriel and loaning either one or both of Holding and Chambers.

Its not feasible to have
Koscielny
Mustafi
Van Dijk*
Mertesacker
Gabriel
Holding
Chambers
Monreal

All on the books as potential CBs.

*if Alexis moves to Man City then signing Van Dijk is about as big a domestic statement as we can make. Best Cb in the league and wanted by all the other teams. Plus it'll piss Liverpool off :)

neimad

I think if Mbappe was to chose us it would come down to buying in to the philosophy that Wenger would be able to coach him in to being a complete striker ala Henry when he came from Juventus. There's obviously massive respect there on both sides. If Wenger sat down with him and said "I've x years left in management and would like you to be a part of it. You can then move on if that's what you want."

Pull at Kylians heart strings a bit...It just might work:cool:

carlito'sway

Established Member
It's interesting to see how perceptions change. At the start of the season from our buys Mustafi would have been the most impressive and Xhaka the least fast forward and roles have reversed.

Both are good players and both deserve another full season. If we are to buy a new defender, and who knows we may well see losing Alexis as call to reinforce elsewhere, then we will still have to free up space by selling Gabriel and loaning either one or both of Holding and Chambers.

Its not feasible to have
Koscielny
Mustafi
Van Dijk*
Mertesacker
Gabriel
Holding
Chambers
Monreal

All on the books as potential CBs.

*if Alexis moves to Man City then signing Van Dijk is about as big a domestic statement as we can make. Best Cb in the league and wanted by all the other teams. Plus it'll piss Liverpool off :)

I like Van Dijk but would cost an awful lot of money though.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
On another thread...I mentioned I'd consider a swap with Sanchez and Martial (without hopefully some cash too). But what about Ox and Martial swap...will Mourinho bite? He does like young English players?

If there is a way to get Martial...we must get it done. I believe he has been heavily underutilized and could be ready to explod under the right circumstance.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I think if Mbappe was to chose us it would come down to buying in to the philosophy that Wenger would be able to coach him in to being a complete striker ala Henry when he came from Juventus. There's obviously massive respect there on both sides. If Wenger sat down with him and said "I've x years left in management and would like you to be a part of it. You can then move on if that's what you want."

Pull at Kylians heart strings a bit...It just might work:cool:
:lol: ..So our bid should be 90m+emotional blackmail(worth 30m at least I should think).

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

I like Van Dijk but would cost an awful lot of money though.
It's an idea if we sell Alexis.

Lacazette 57m
Lemar 45
Van Dijk 60
162m

Out
Alexis 50
Gabriel 10m
Giroud 25m
Out. 85m

Net spend 77m

That's before looking at the fringe players like Gibbs,Debuchy, Jenkinson and the more senior players like Ox, Wilshere and Walcott. Sell those guys and the net spend is minimal.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

On another thread...I mentioned I'd consider a swap with Sanchez and Martial (without hopefully some cash too). But what about Ox and Martial swap...will Mourinho bite? He does like young English players?

If there is a way to get Martial...we must get it done. I believe he has been heavily underutilized and could be ready to explod under the right circumstance.
Agree Martial looks a real talent. He is only 21 as well.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Really can't see us getting another centre back this window. Getting Mustafi was a stretch and we only had 3 fit CB's at the time. As soon as Mustafi came in we let Chambers go on loan.

Now mertesacker's back the chances of signing a centre half are very slim. I'd say 2% chance.

Mbappe
Lacazette
Lemar

Are our three targets, then anything else after that will depend on outgoings I reckon. Also Mbappe is a one off, I don't think he's attached to the main list of key targets he is just 'the target'. If we can get him then great if we can't then there isn't a target under him to fall back on. Marquee player.

After those 3 it probably boils down to Wilshere leaving etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom