• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Transfer Targets: Summer 2017

Will we make another signing(s) this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So, where are we boys? 26/06/17 (NOT DREADFUL YET @hydrofluoric acid)

Alexis Sanchez is through the the semi finals of the confed's cup where he'll face Portugal on the 28th. No matter what the result he won't finish up there until the 2nd of July as he'll either be playing in the final or in the third place play off. So we're likely to see no movement on Alexis this week, any rumours until then are likely to be BS.

Mesut Özil is said to be very excited about our pre season in Australia. I'm 99% confident Mesut will sign da ting and its just a matter of time. Once again will have to wait till Alexis sort of timing with this one, I think we're waiting to see what happens with Alexis to announce both together. Announcing one and not the other would instantly make fans think the worst.

Oxlade Chamberlain don't think he's going anywhere to be honest. Will sign when hes back from holiday no doubt, 100k a week? Meh I'd rather sell him for 30m.

I personally would rather see Ox next season before making a decision on him and giving him 100k a week, but we've stupidly put ourselves in the position where he needs to sign or leave this summer. As for Özil and Alexis I hope both stay.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So those won't happen till the earliest next week. Things that could and hopefully will happen or gain momentum this week -

Lucas Perez off
Gibbs off
Debuchy off
Wilshere off
Szczesny off
Ospina off
Joel Campbell off
Akpom off
Chambers off/loan

Lacazette/Mbappe in
Lemar in

GET IT DONE :bounce:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We should really be in for Dembele. This kid is special. Very little between him and Mbappe for talent.
Starting to think he's actually the more talented of the two. They're clearly both talented but Mbappe's off the ball and mental game is what makes him so impressive imo. Dembele on the other hand isn't ice cold like Mbappe but looks like one of those guys who can make any defender take a seat.

Wilshere1010

Starting to think he's actually the more talented of the two. They're clearly both talented but Mbappe's off the ball and mental game is what makes him so impressive imo. Dembele on the other hand isn't ice cold like Mbappe but looks like one of those guys who can make any defender take a seat.
Yeah incredible dribbler. He has great vision and playmaking potential as well. Plus the complete two footedness makes him so unpredictable, he could beat you either way with just as much ease. Sometimes I've seen him and his decision making has been a bit poor but he's young so once he sorts that out his potentially really is as unlimited as Mbappe.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
when are we gonna sign someone or get some answers about sanchez.. starting to get really bored of this

Sanchez won't be until next week.

Probably not a universal opinion but I think I'd prefer Mahrez over Lemar o_O

Mahrez + Mbappe

Lemar + Lacazette

I don't want to take two L's rather take a couple of M's.

Arsenal are also now favourites to sign Smalling, for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naby keita

Sanchez won't be until next week.

Probably not a universal opinion but I think I'd prefer Mahrez over Lemar o_O

Mahrez + Mbappe

Lemar + Lacazette

I don't want to take two L's rather take a couple of M's.

Arsenal are also now favourites to sign Smalling, for some reason.

Laca,lemar,mpappe & Goretzka.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think we have a few options if we assume Özil stays in all of them.

1) Alexis stays or leaves, Mbappe in, Goretzka in. Replace Alexis with Ramsey.
2) Alexis stays, Lacazette in, Goretzka in.
3) Alexis leaves, Lacazette in, Lemar in.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I think we have a few options if we assume Özil stays in all of them.

1) Alexis stays or leaves, Mbappe in, Goretzka in. Replace Alexis with Ramsey.
2) Alexis stays, Lacazette in, Goretzka in.
3) Alexis leaves, Lacazette in, Lemar in.

Alexis with Ramsey?!?!? That's like replacing a kettle with an onion...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sell Coqulien and Elneny so we have more money available to buy Kieta 80M. but i guess Kieta will go for more less than that maybe 60M.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Alexis with Ramsey?!?!? That's like replacing a kettle with an onion...

Hardly. It's more like replacing an electric kettle with a stove kettle. Alexis is flamboyant and exciting to watch, with the ability to make something out of nothing. However, his faults cannot be ignored. Ramsey is no where near Alexis technically, but if you watch him for Wales and if you look at how he plays on the right hand side when he put there, he influences the game massively. He is capable of scoring goals and creating them as well as putting in a shift.

------------------------Mbappe-----------------
---------Ramsey-----------------------Özil
Kolasinac---Goretzka----Xhaka-------Bellerin

-----------------------Welbeck
--------Alexis----------------------------Özil
Kolasinac---Ramsey-----Xhaka-------Bellerin

I'd rather have the first option.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'd
Hardly. It's more like replacing an electric kettle with a stove kettle. Alexis is flamboyant and exciting to watch, with the ability to make something out of nothing. However, his faults cannot be ignored. Ramsey is no where near Alexis technically, but if you watch him for Wales and if you look at how he plays on the right hand side when he put there, he influences the game massively. He is capable of scoring goals and creating them as well as putting in a shift.

Why're you going with Welbeck on the second option? It'll be either Lacazette or Mbappe in the second option. If we get rid of Alexis then putting Ramsey in that role is just the worst decision imaginable and would never happen.

Ramsey is good from midfield because he makes extremely good runs from deep

He is absolutely useless in a role higher up for us. We tried him at CAM, it doesn't work. He's not great at passing, he's lost his scoring touch, has no pace and sometimes when he dribbles he looks as if he's never played football before

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I'd rather have Iwobi in there over Ramsey. Hell i'd Jeff, Maitlend Niles ANYONE except Ramsey in the Alexis role :lol::lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

No chance. Sorry but as great as his engine is Ramsey is just too slow for that wing role. You think our defending as a team was bad with Alexis up that wing, Ramsey will offer nothing. Anyway, not likely we revert back to the 4 unless we get bodies for it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
No chance. Sorry but as great as his engine is Ramsey is just too slow for that wing role. You think our defending as a team was bad with Alexis up that wing, Ramsey will offer nothing. Anyway, not likely we revert back to the 4 unless we get bodies for it.

Agree with Mark. Ramsey is borderline useless in that sort of position. His engine and runs from deep are the only reason he makes a good CM next to Xhaka these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom