• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grunger

Not sure how any fan can watch that and still say give up on him. Pure class, and that pass for the 3rd goal was just wonderful. Also note that he took a number of poor tackles before the one that everyone is talking about.
Just before that one city player took Jack right out, went right through him!

Mike Vinna

Yeah, Jack was clearly targeted by City players, and I really wished during the game that one of our young guns would react with a strong tackle. It didn't happen, Jack snapped, not a big story really.
And anyway I don't think it's a good thing for him to play at this level, he gets far too much time on the ball and outsmarts everyone on the pitch.
Next step for Jack is to get some minutes as a sub.

Yeah he's clearly a level above these young guns. Hope he stays healthy and gets a chance.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I cant stop laughing, these are the lyrics of "Return of the Mack(Jack)" with me changing one word.....

So I'm back up in the game
Running things to keep my swing
Letting all the people know
That I'm back to run the show
'Cause what I did, I know, was wrong
And all the nasty things I've done
So, baby, listen carefully
While I sing my come-back song

Jae

If he lets a bunch of youngsters wind him up enough to get him sent off, what's he going to be like when a seasoned player like Cahill gets at him. He needs to grow up a bit.

Anyone who's watched the reserves knows that you can get away with considerably more in those matches than you ever would in a senior game.

progman07

Established Member
Also people need to watch this, that wee **** was at Jack the whole game, Jack eventually just snapped after the last bad tackle.

That City **** should not have left the pitch on his feet to be honest... or at best should have been sent of a lot earlier. Not one tackle was directed towards the ball.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Please nowadays they are not far of from Marie Antoinette and her: "why can't they eat cookies" when she got reports that there was a breadshortage
Why though? If Jack was suffering from depression, it doesn't mean he's out of touch. It's not like he's demanding people who are struggling themselves to feel sorry for him, nor is anyone saying he deserves similar or more sympathy to people suffering around the world.

Jack has been training every day since he was 8 to become a professional. He was one of the few to make it to the highest level and now he's having that dream taken away from him by these constant injuries. I think you underestimate the toll it can take mentally on a player to keep working hard every day in rehab for months on end, only to come back for a short time before getting injured again.

Also never understood the idea that players like Jack or Diaby shouldn't care about their injuries since they get paid anyway.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I get the why they could develop those kind of issues

but I am not 100% sympathetic towards them because of it, same with celebs and drugs and whatnot, that is selfinflicted all together

They have all the chances in the world to deal with it due to money and most importantly time and total lack of other stress that regular mortals deals with

You don't just catch a depression
It could be that the people who become celebs are prone to it, there certainly seems to be a link with comedians and mental illness.

And i try to not use the word but here, but... many of the underlying reasons starts as a choice, and with the wrong choice after wrong choice it turns into a depression, an abuse problem, violence and so on.

and as I said, I don't deny it exists I just think it belittles real people struggling

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I get the why they could develop those kind of issues

but I am not 100% sympathetic towards them because of it, same with celebs and drugs and whatnot, that is selfinflicted all together

They have all the chances in the world to deal with it due to money and most importantly time and total lack of other stress that regular mortals deals with

You don't just catch a depression
It could be that the people who become celebs are prone to it, there certainly seems to be a link with comedians and mental illness.

And i try to not use the word but here, but... many of the underlying reasons starts as a choice, and with the wrong choice after wrong choice it turns into a depression, an abuse problem, violence and so on.

and as I said, I don't deny it exists I just think it belittles real people struggling
One of the most ignorant things I've ever read on here. You obviously know nothing whatsoever about mental illness which is fine but you should keep your mouth shut entirely if that's the case.

thought this was more pointed.

Hit the road Jack and don't cha come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road Jack and don't cha come back
No more

Now baby, listen baby, don't you treat me this way
'Cause I'll be back on my feet some day
Don't care if you do, 'cause it's understood
You ain't got no money, you just ain't no good
Well, I guess if you say so
I'll have to pack my things and go (that's right)

Read more: Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Impact

Established Member
If he lets a bunch of youngsters wind him up enough to get him sent off, what's he going to be like when a seasoned player like Cahill gets at him. He needs to grow up a bit.

It's a bit different here. Under 23 games are at best competitive friendlies. The City players were clearly targeting Wilshere for excessively physical treatment. No surprise that he got fed up. Imagine he got another long term injury because one 19 year old decided he wanted to make a name for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom