• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League Quarter Final Draw

Who do you want to draw?

• Atletico Madrid (Spain)

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • CSKA Moscow (Russia)

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Lazio (Italy)

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Marseille (France)

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • RB Leipzig (Germany)

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • RB Salzburg (Austria)

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • Sporting Lisbon (Portugal)

Votes: 23 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I wouldn't believe anything you read or hear in the media, especially the English media :lol:
No need to point fingers, all the media are a current problem, including civilians who now make up a unique and largely uninformed sector of the modern day media.

Reactions: Jae

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Hold on are we saying the 2 people critical in hospital are faking it
It's the #1 news story because it is in the interest of some very powerful people. Russia are even being accused of playing a role in the Brexit referendum! Ha!

Good on Robbie of AFTV for not being fooled by the propaganda and looking forward to the trip.

I thought it was a big story because two people are critical are in hospital, a policeman was injured and someone else was found strangled ten days later. My mistake! Fake news!! :lol::lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Hold on are we saying the 2 people critical in hospital are faking it

I thought it was a big story because two people are critical are in hospital, a policeman was injured and someone else was found strangled ten days later. My mistake! Fake news!! :lol::lol:
Not to mention 100s of people face possible serious illnesses further down the line. Yeah, bless those sweet little Russians, they're clearly misunderstood.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
this information war is getting to people, i thought we were immune to this what with Fox News and the Sun antics.

as a matter of fact, there's a TV channel in Russia that Kim Jung-un wouldn't be ashamed of. all they air is how powerful this and that new russian military invention is, how they can destroy and humiliate america's showboating army of dumbass rednecks who, as the announcer so smugly proclaims, have nothing to match up with the ice-showering and ethyl spirit drowning russian brutes.

and then you have Russia today on Putin's payroll who despite Al Jazeera wannabe studios and some pretty announcers, embarrass themselves by their 'journalistic' endeavors on a regular basis.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Speaking to the press, Russia’s World Cup organising committee chief, Alexis Sorokin, was keen to ease any fears Arsenal fans might have ahead of the away leg.

“It is a shame that the games will be played in such circumstance,” Sorokin told TASS, who is also a senior member of the Russian Football Union.

“We will ensure security in equal measures to all — from dignitaries to fans.”

But Sorokin was disappointed/annoyed with Arsenal’s decision to put the Foreign Office’s travel advisory on their website.

“To us, there is no difference which country people come from or what our diplomatic relations with them are,” he said.

“There are absolutely no grounds for such warnings.”

Although Arsenal will be allocated up to 4,000 tickets for the game it is believed only around 350 will travel.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. Everything will be fine, it's just amusing they way the draw came out, that's all.

I'm sure all will be well. Russia wouldn't dare poison 2 spies using the same method.. ie an Arsenal match.
Any way, any self respecting exiled spy would know better than to go to an Arsenal/CSKA match knowing what happened last time. :lol:

Moscow is a beautiful city with good food, gorgeous architecture, and nice shopping. I'm sure everyone will enjoy their weekend there.
Russia will be on the lookout for troublemakers, I am sure. After all, they wouldn't want any hooliganism making the news so close to the World Cup.

All will be well. Inshallah.

Jae

No need to point fingers, all the media are a current problem, including civilians who now make up a unique and largely uninformed sector of the modern day media.

Fair point, I can't imagine any of them being great, but the English media in particular are horrendous at times, everything is scaremongering or sensationalism, proven liars as well.

Not being biased at all, but I'm English which is why I pointed it out :)

Last edited:

Sanis

For those who'll decide to travel there: always have your passport with you, Russian police may ask you to show passport anytime and if you don‘t have it with you, you may be thrown into the jail (as it happened to one friend of mine).

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

For those who'll decide to travel there: always have your passport with you, Russian police may ask you to show passport anytime and if you don‘t have it with you, you may be thrown into the jail (as it happened to one friend of mine).

They haven’t built a jail that could hold me.

I’m just assuming this, haven’t really looked into it to be honest.

But, I did get a parking ticket once.

Well it was one of those private enforcement tickets at a local garden centre.

In summary: I’m a badass.

BBF

We're going to total the Tragic Trio i.e. Akinfeev, Berezutskiy, Ignashevich

What a rubbish set of footballers. Every tournament some weird footballing hipsters talk about how much quality the Russian team has and they always get mauled by some sub-class team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
guys, calm down, russia is not some favella neighborhood :lol:

despite aggressive politicians and a few bellends, they are actually normal people who just like to drink vodka. which nation doesn't have organized crime, secret services involved in covert operations and common everyday thugs?

just like us, they are people that go to work 9 to 5, have families, like to go out for dinner on weekends, and probably watch EPL/la liga derbies with more interest than a Lokomotiv-Spartak duel.
It's not the everyday people that are a worry to any high profile person/team representing England that travel to Russia in the current political climate.

BBF

Russia wouldn't last very long if they did something to someone on our team so it'll be fine. The fans though...

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
It's not the everyday people that are a worry to any high profile person/team representing England that travel to Russia in the current political climate.

Nah, man, it sounds like irrational fear to me. Likely possibilities:

1) Putin orders secret services to poison someone related to AFC officially (player, staff, PR, jet pilot, traveling tea lady) ==== 0%

2) Putin orders secret services to indimidate Arsenal contingent except for those above (traveling fans, Brit expats in Russia who attend games - neutral or gooner alike) ====== 0,0000001%

3) Local hooligans catch the fureur and decide to intimidate traveling fans, based on some abstract political rivalry between two nations, somehow relating the unease to a sports game ====== 0,5% (ok, still)

4) Chance of snow in Moscow ===== 50%

5) likelihood that Snoop Dogg is stoned and confused Timati for Drake = 100%

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
What a rubbish set of footballers. Every tournament some weird footballing hipsters talk about how much quality the Russian team has and they always get mauled by some sub-class team.
Who says that? :lol:
I have never seen any hype about the Russian NT, usually England & Belgium are the most overhyped teams in every tournament.

Sanis

Several days ago I've read an interview with CSKA manager Goncharenko and he had absolutely no idea about how Arsenal plays, admitted that he hasn't seen Arsenal matches and he didn't even know that Auba can't play in Europa League. However, Russian journalists and CSKA fans in general are optimistic, as they consider that Arsenal is in deep crisis and not top club anymore. According to Hleb, chances are 50/50.

BBF

Who says that? :lol:
I have never seen any hype about the Russian NT, usually England & Belgium are the most overhyped teams in every tournament.

Literally gets written here every year, and reported by major news outlets because people consider Russia to be a big nation. No one overhypes England, they're rubbish and everyone knows it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Several days ago I've read an interview with CSKA manager Goncharenko and he had absolutely no idea about how Arsenal plays, admitted that he hasn't seen Arsenal matches and he didn't even know that Auba can't play in Europa League. However, Russian journalists and CSKA fans in general are optimistic, as they consider that Arsenal is in deep crisis and not top club anymore. According to Hleb, chances are 50/50.

Tbf, I watch us every week and I have no idea either.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Literally gets written here every year, and reported by major news outlets because people consider Russia to be a big nation. No one overhypes England, they're rubbish and everyone knows it.
That's weird, they have zero players in Top 5 leagues, why would anyone rate their national team is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom