• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Love the guy as a footballer, but he's testing my patience massively at the moment. He's our best players, therefore he sGould be bottom of the list of players to sell, however it's starting to look like we might not see the best of Özil here.

silent_shadow

Established Member
Keown's prediction was spot on and you'd have to have your head under a rock not to notice the conveniently times illnesses and knocks Özil has had this past season. I've also defended Özil a lot in the past over the perceptions about him, but it comes to the point where you lose all sense bending over backwards to defend a player when anyone can see he's hardly the most committed and driven character around.

Personally I wanted t0 sell him about 6 months ago. He's one of the most talented players around, but somehow in this current team (and under Wenger) he doesn't bring out the best of us consistently. We'd have been better off going for a differently player and restructuring our midfield imo.

But we're going to start off fresh with a new manager and I'm interested to see how Özil will fit in, what formation we'll play and most importantly how the new guy treats Özil and his holidays and character-less displays. Having an Özil option can never be a bad thing; he still has everything in his locker technically.

They're the two in my avatar, but I don't think Wenger-Özil got the best of each other during his time. Not to to be the person predicting all players will improve after Wenger... But Arsène's tendencies to protect his players won't ultimately bring out the best of a soft touch like Özil imo. And for most of him time there wasn't a formation that brought the most out of both Özil and the team.

So looking forward to seeing how he does in the new regime. And no more breaks with the wages we're paying.

Jojoba

there is no end is there...... we just have to keep abusing and trying to chase away our own.....this is some kind of sickness.
Is Özil our own? Does not feel like it. We are used to players fighting for the club and the fans. But with Mr.Özil it is so weird, it’s the other way around. It’s his super-fans and club that are expected to fight for him. “You can blame anyone and anything at the club, in the Epl, The UK, the world etc,”. That you are allowed. But criticising Özil is out of bounds. Players are meant to fight for the club and fans. Not the other way around where fans and the club are expected be the ones fighting to please an always underwhelming / underperforming Özil.
Let’s go back to the original normal order.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
sure he will - I'm beginning to want Loew to drop him

and I must say I have a lot more love for the man alongside him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom